JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   My food jounal... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2209561-my-food-jounal.html)

kimberlyw January 6th, 2011 11:08 AM

My food jounal...

I am starting a food journal today in the hopes that it will keep me on track with the healthy eating/weight loss. Weigh ins will always be on Friday morning after peeing and before breakfast/coffe. I do it clothed with my sandals on lol:)

1/6:
B: 3/4c Cracklin Oat Bran and 1/2c 1%milk
L: 1/4 bag lite popcorn, spinach and orange salad with sunflower seeds, 1 glass water with 1/2 lemon squeezed in and a handful of pistachios
S: more pistachios (man I love these!) and 1 orange
D: 1 chicken breast (grilled) with lemon pepper, 1 corn on the cob with salt and pepper only, 6 baby carrots and some more pistachios

1/7: weigh-in of 156lbs this morning!!!:)
B: 3/4c Cracklin Oat Bran and 1/2c 1% milk
L; 1 chicken breast and 6 baby carrots with ranch
S: pistachios and 1% milk
D: not sure yet as we do Family Fun night on Fridays so this will be the one meal a week where I can allow myself to indulge - I don't want to know how much it will truly be so I am not recording this meal hahaha!

1/8:
B: This is bad, but I honestly forgot to eat....
L: 1 grilled chicken breast and some pistachios
D: 1 chicken cordon bleu and steamed green beans and 1 ice cream sundae (UGH I totally fell off the wagon!)

1/9:
B: skipped again by accident - we were running late for church!
L: OMG I am so not on track today:( I had Sonic (the bacon cheeseburger toaster meal with onion rings and a coke)
D: I give up for the day.....weekends are going to be hard for me LOL! Tonight I am having lasagna and chips and salsa - I know I shouldn't, but I have been craving these sooooo bad. I think I have PMS and for some reason I lose all self control at that time. Okay, I have decided to go back on track tomorrow - no more excuses Kimberly Ann!!!!!! Grrrrr.....

1/10:
L: 2 eggs with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spinach and cheese
S: Ice cream cone
D: Wendy's - I know I suck.....I had a #1 (single patty with no cheese) fries and a coke

1/11: Really really going to stay on track now that I have gone grocery shopping:)
B: 3/4 c Cracklin Oat Bran and 1/2c 1% milk
L: 2 egg omlette with 2 slices of lunch meat ham, 1 slice cheese, and onions. Also 1 glass water with 1/2 lemon squeezed into it (heard it aids in digestion).
S: pistachios
D: 1 Morning Star veggie burger (just the burger patty with no bun or condiments), 1c mixed steam veggies (asian blend - broccoli, carrot sliver, baby cob corn, and snap peas) 2 glasses water

1/12:
L: grilled chicken breast and baby carrots with ranch dip and water:)
S: water with 1/2 lemon squeezed in and pistachios
D: 1 morning star veggie burger patty and a mixed berry smoothie with some yogurt and milk

1/13
L: morning star burger patty and baby carrots with ranch
S: pistachios and sunflower seeds
D: 1 grilled chicken breast and corn with water to drink:)

1/14
L: ham, onion, and cheese omlett (2 eggs, 2 slices lunch meat ham, diced onions, and 1 slice cheese with a little milk added to the eggs)
S: pistachios and water with lemon
D: Mcdonalds - the two cheeseburger meal with fries and a coke. I also had some godiva truffles (dark chocolate so they were healthier lol)

1/15
L:

erinpb January 6th, 2011 11:24 AM

Re: My food jounal...

That is a great idea!

I use Calorie Counter, Calorie Tracker & Food Journal | MyPlate on LIVESTRONG.COM

It's great because you can put in what you ate at each meal and it totals up everything for you! It's run by the livestrong.com site.

kimmiejo January 7th, 2011 05:12 AM

I should start a food journal too, I try to eat healthy but I bet if I wrote it all down it wouldn't be as healthy as I think! great idea!

SpydrMnky27 January 7th, 2011 12:27 PM

You are off to a great start! I'm horrible at tracking my food. I used to love to do it. Now it seems like a chore. It is fun to see what the numbers are though!

Are you trying to keep under a set amount of calories? I would definitely log it in and see what the numbers are.

kimberlyw January 7th, 2011 01:58 PM

I thought about calorie restriction, but then decided against it. Kara is still BF'd and doesn't take solids consistently (maybe 4 times a week?). She still gags a lot when I feed her solids so I haven't been super regular with it, and my other DD was exclusively BF'd until almost 17mo. I am just trying to eat healthier in the hopes that combined with BFing the pounds will drop off lol....we'll see if it works!

SpydrMnky27 January 8th, 2011 10:38 AM

Eating healthier now is great! Hopefully the pounds fall off for you! Wishing you much success!

caitie_pie January 10th, 2011 04:33 PM

I'm definitely going to use that calorie counter!

kimberlyw January 12th, 2011 10:52 AM

ACK! I only have 2mo to meet my goal before DH comes home......

caitie_pie January 12th, 2011 11:17 PM

how much do you have left? I can try to motivate you cos I know what it's like with being reunited and such. DH came home a month after Macey was born and I was looking all yucky still.

kimberlyw January 13th, 2011 07:41 AM

I have about 26lbs to lose before I am where I want to be....I am only like 2-3lbs from my pre-pregnancy with Kara weight, but then I have like 24lbs to go to be my pre-pregnancy with Connor weight as I never lost that before getting preggo with Kara. Grrrrrr! I started off at 184lbs when he left (my BIGGEST ever), now I am about 156lbs, and I want to be 130lbs.

UGH AF decided to show her ugly face today so now I am all crampy and bloated:( My motivation to stay on track is really really wavering right now.....I just want to shovel chocolate and potato chips into my mouth right now:( I am going to try to tough through the horrible cravings though.....

caitie_pie January 13th, 2011 09:43 PM

I hear ya! I am right there with you! UGH I want JUNK!!! lol but YES stay strong, don't give into her evil wickedness! LOL

BTW I am going to start eating stuff on your food journal. Some of it just sounds soooo yummy... except I don't think I could eat a veggie burger :-\

kimberlyw January 14th, 2011 09:56 AM

LOL - I thought it would be gross too (I had tried Boca burgers before and didn't like them at all), but the morning star garden veggie one is pretty yummy! It tastes almost like an egg frittata with veggies in it - doesn't really taste all that meat like though lol. You should seriously just go try it because you might like it and it is really pretty healthy (I think like 110 calories per patty).