JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Lifetothemax - (Mayhem) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2216432-lifetothemax-mayhem.html)

(Mayhem) January 12th, 2011 09:47 PM

Lifetothemax - (Mayhem)

Here is your thread! Use it to help you make your goals happen! Talk here with your buddy, track your progress, admit weaknesses, celebrate successes and make this happen!! You can do this! You will!

For your first post tell your buddy what you want to accomplish. Let's go!

(Mayhem) January 12th, 2011 10:04 PM

Re: Lifetothemax - (Mayhem)

Ok Amy Baby! It's you and me! We can make this happen!

I want to lose 80lbs and I want to do it by November of this year (my birthday) I have steadily gained weight since being pregnant with my first baby and it needs to stop!
I am currently sitting at 211lb (as of this minute) and I want to be 130lb in November.

I need to be pushed...I am lazy in every way. I eat fast food, I don't workout. But this is going to change!

http://www.freedom-therapy.co.uk/res...09x436_NLP.jpg

AtomicMama January 14th, 2011 12:58 PM

Ah, Theresa! We are perfect for each other :) I want to lost 50 lbs. I'm at 175 right now, and I would love to be at 125. My prepregnancy weight was 130, and I really want to be down to at least 135 lbs by my brother's wedding on May 28.

I'm great at rationalizing why I should take a day off, or why it's okay to run through the drive through. My New Year's Resolution was to really limit my drive through food, and I had it for the first time last night (yesterday was a crazy crazy day). I'm trying to make better choices, but I feel like I'm always hungry, and I definitely stress eat :(

How are you doing today? Do you have any work out plans or eating plans for the day?

(Mayhem) January 15th, 2011 05:03 PM

I am the same way! I can come up with a different reason every day why fast food would be a better choice than me cooking something. I am really horrible with it.
I am trying to be dedicated to not eatting "fake food" things that have no value and are basically stomach fillers.
I have been really bad the past two days...especially today. It was my 2 year old's birthday party, which involved cake, ice cream, shrimp, a ton or bread stuff and other really not so healthy things. I have not even logged at all in the loseit thing today because I am terrified of the results. I would rather not see the words "you are over by 123454667 Calories.
Today two things happen... one bad...one good. The good is that I played around with my mom's wii fit and actually accomplished a bit of a workout. I haven't really seriously worked out since getting large...things jiggle, it is not attractive, I feel self conscience even with no one around and in short I don't feel like I have the energy to make anything really count. But, with my mom, I did a 15 minute core training and balance exercise. I think this is at least a start.
Now the bad thing that happened. A picture was taken of me. I thought I was looking ok and then saw the picture and now I can not understand why my dh or mother did not turn me around and tell me to change before people came over today. I am absolutely horrified by what I saw and I cried. I plan on turning this into a positive though....I don't want to hate myself in pictures anymore.....this could be my fire.
My goal for tomorrow..... NO FAST FOOD!
Got a goal for tomorrow?

AtomicMama January 15th, 2011 08:36 PM

That is a great goal!!

My goal for tomorrow is to get a real work out in! I have such a long day, that I can already think of 100,000 reasons not to work out, or just to do something little, but I NEED a real work out. Thank goodness I have leftovers from the week so that I know I can just microwave something. I also need to plan out my meals for the rest of the week, though.

Today, I ate poorly. My parents had my brother, SIL, Max and I over for dinner. We had lasagna and breadsticks and then my SIL brought me bumpy cake cupcake for dessert. Which wouldn't have been so bad, especially since my brother, SIL and I took a long walk through the snow later, but then I came home and ate ice cream :( I was just looking in the mirror and really disliking my body. I need to get better!

I signed up with a calorie tracker, but then I start to go over and I just stop counting. I'm so bad about it! Like you, I hate seeing that I'm over by tons of calories, but I know I NEED to do it. Ok, second goal for tomorrow...track calories, even if I am going to go over!

(Mayhem) January 16th, 2011 08:40 PM

Success!!!!!!!!! I didn't have fast food and I stayed UNDER my calories!!! How insane is that.
I would like to admit something. I had a momment od weakness. I cut a piece of cake, I went to take a bite of the cake.......AND then.....I spit it out, put it down and never ate it. I decided the cake wasn't worth it...just wasn't!!!! I was sooooo proud of myself. That is such a great feeling!

How was your day today?

Oh and my goal for tomorrow is to be at or under my calories again and to drink 2 - 710ml bottles of water (I am reallllllly bad with water drinking!)

AtomicMama January 16th, 2011 09:16 PM

YAY!! That's fantastic!!!

Today I did not very well :( I didn't track a single calorie, at at BWWs and then had ice cream, and I did NOT work out. And I kept thinking about how much I dislike my body.

Tomorrow, I need to do better. I'm going to get some sleep so I can be energized tomorrow :D

(Mayhem) January 16th, 2011 10:07 PM

**** Consider this a virtual kick in the butt ****

Today is done and tomorrow is a clean slate! Let's make it happen! Sending you positive thoughts!!!!! Do it Amy Do it!!!!

AtomicMama January 17th, 2011 11:38 AM

Thanks Theresa!!!

How is your today going?

So far, I have been doing well!!! I have tracked all my calories and still have 711 for dinner! I have drank 6 glasses of water. And in about an hour I am going sledding with my friend and her 3 kids (and Max, of course), which will be a good work out. And hopefully I will do some abs and squats once I put Max to bed tonight.

How is your day going?

(Mayhem) January 17th, 2011 08:05 PM

Awful....just plain awful.

I had no breakfast and then I was good at lunch, I have stir-fried mushrooms, carrots and sweet peppers. I was on track, I drank my water.
Then...we went out
I had new york fries for dinner and I ate a lot.
We were supposed to go out snow tubing tonight with my mom so this meant I had to get a winter jacket (Yeah I know, I should have one but I loath jackets!) So we go to walmart.... no plus sized jackets and no snow pants in the store. Apparently in there mind winter ends when Christmas does and if you are plus sized you are expected to provide your own heat.
So then we went to Zellers.....and this is where I get pissy...I am wondering around their massive display of coats for about 20 minutes and I don't see one in plus sizes..so I ask the little bubble headed chick stacking crap in the aisle and she says in a really snotty tone "We don't carry plus sized outerwear, try the mens department..." I was pissed and then I starting look at coats because I have to have something and I get all emotional about the whole thing and I am trying not to cry as I try on bulky, manly coats that will only result in me looking like man and thus destroying the little self respect I still had.
So I now own an ugly man-coat....this better get wbetter because I can't stand myself. I am offically so big that I can not wear clothing to match my gender.
So what do I do when I come home....I sit and eat half a box of chocolates that my dh had to bring home because they were on sale.
I hate today!

AtomicMama January 18th, 2011 07:43 AM

:dothug:

The good thing, Theresa, is that today is a whole new day :D You get to start fresh! And really, it sounds like aside from the eating out yesterday, you did do well...your lunch sounds delicious and super healthy! Plus, if you went tubing...that's great exercise there! I counted sledding as my exercise yesterday, because really, hauling sleds and babies and toddlers up and down a hill is hard work!

I'm really sorry about the coat and the snotty lady at the store...I can't believe her! Next winter, you will be fit and can buy yourself a really cute girly coat!! :) If it is any consolation, I put my snow pants on yesterday to go sledding, and I could hardly breathe. Then I kept popping the snap open on the side :( I hardly fit into any of my clothes anymore.

It can be so frustrating when things don't fit, and I get really down trodden and lose a lot of motivation. I am so impatient that I expect immediate results, and then get sad by the massive amount of work I know is left. However, this is a slow process, so I think it's great that we can check in and encourage each other!

What are your goals for today? Mine is to track all my calories again today, stay under my goal, and to squeeze in some kind of work out, probably after Max goes to bed tonight.

Also, I was wondering if you wanted to have a weigh in day, so we could keep up on our progress? If not, that's okay! I know it's more about how we feel and being healthy. Honestly, I hate scales so much! I never weigh myself, and when I was pregnant with Max, I never let them tell me how much I weighed. I think I just like being in denial :(

redbirds January 18th, 2011 09:19 AM

Just read through your threads, girls, and I'm there with you! I need to lose 70 more pounds, but my immediate goal is 47 more. I can't stand seeing myself in pictures, so most pics with my kids is absent a mama! :( I can't wear women's clothes and this spring is packed with professional venues, so I HAVE to find some suits!

You gals are doing GREAT! One thing I have to do at night is a personal self reflection. It's so easy to beat ourselves up, but so hard to be proud or remember our good moments. So, even if you feel you've had a bad day, think of one good thing you've done and mull on that. How did it feel? Did it make you stronger? :) Give yourself a cheer! Then, do that for the week's summary, and then even a month's summary, too. What did you do well for the week/month? How are you better, now? What goals can you set to excel and so forth.

I've got a new vigor this year and these are things I've done to help me.

I've also bought a gym membership where they have daycare so I can work out without worrying about the kiddos, and that is an amazing uplifter, too.

There are options, we just have to find which fits your lifestyle and needs ;)

You gals are doing awesome!!!

(Mayhem) January 18th, 2011 10:55 AM

Donw....plain and simple I am DONE!!! I am done with excuses, done with saying it and never doing it, done with not seeing results and do with feeling sorry for myself when this is MY choice. Right now, I am taking a stand, I am doing this, I am not pretending. I am serious and I am real. This is going to happen. I am going to make it happen. My back is against the wall and now I am fighting. Fighting for my life, for my kids life and for everything I have ever wanted.

I pledge to be more. I will see results

Today's goal - to not over eat at Oms's house...this will be a massive acomplishment!

Ps - thanks to you both! I am so glad to have you! Amy we will make this happen! I am sure of it!

AtomicMama January 19th, 2011 09:37 AM

Thanks for the support and tips, Gwynne!! I want to join the Y because they have great child care, but it's so stinkin' expensive!! Right now, I'm doing pretty...well, I'm doing okay, using wii fit and my work out videos at home. I think I will get better once it's nice out and I can run outside. I'm a huge biker, so I might start biking to campus from Max's babysitters house.

Theresa...That's a FANTASTIC attitude!! We are totally going to do this!!

How did you do last night? How is your day so far? Any goals?

Today...I'm very proud of myself because I got some goals accomplished EARLY! I've already logged 20 minutes on wii fit, and I had a super healthy breakfast (egg whites with light laughing cow cheese and a tangerine). I've had 6 cups of water! (This is huge for me, I hate water. But my cousin sells essential oils, so I'll add a few drops of orange or lemon to my water to make it taste better and also help clarify my stomach :lol:)

Yesterday, I did okay. I only went 9 calories over my goal, but I did NOT work out at all :( I was just wiped by the end of the day. That's why I made myself do it this morning.

I'm tracking calories/fitness on livestrong.com and I think it's really helping. I have 1700 calories a day based on my weight and goals. The website originally gave me 1400, but I gave myself 300 more because I'm nursing Max. I have no idea if that is right or not, but it seems like that number has been working for me, and Max definitely isn't starving (he just thinks he is if he isn't eating constantly :lol:)

(Mayhem) January 19th, 2011 08:26 PM

I did ok yesterday! My mil loaded my freaking plate up but i didn't eat it all and I had no bread. They are old school german so if I am not stuffing my face they think something is wrong.
Today I have not been great. I caved and ordered pizza for dinner but then I felt guilty so I did a half hour workout. I mostly did streaching because I am not sure what to do. I dug out my workout vidoes though and I will be doing one in the afternoon with the girls and maybe more streaching after they go to bed.
Tomorrow I am going to drink 2litres of water...and do the workout I have mentioned. I am also going shopping tomorrow and I am going to buy healthy things. My dh is kinda killing me. He does not eat healthy at all and id good at persuding me to take the easy route. Tomorrow I am not going to let him get in my way. Going right now to make a meal plan for myself and find some recipes!

:) :) :) I am going to text you tomorrow and do a water reminder lol....for us both...

AtomicMama January 20th, 2011 09:46 AM

How is your day going so far?

Can you sit down and talk to your DH and explain to him why this is important to you? And how everyone benefits from mama being healthy :) Let him know that it's not just a body image issue, but that you want to be healthier all around? Maybe then would be be more on board and if not be encouraging, and least maybe he would not try to persuade you to eat unhealthy?

Although, one of the dieticians on campus once said that there aren't necessarily "unhealthy" foods, and that anything can be eaten in moderation as a part of a well rounded diet :)

I need to go grocery shopping today, too. I just hate shopping with Max :( I feel bad for the poor guy. But I'm running out of healthy food, and that's making it harder to make good choices and not go get fast food, haha.

I haven't worked out yet today, but I hope to do yoga this evening. I may not get it in, though, if I go to the store. But that's okay. If I don't, I'll try to do something extra tomorrow.

(Mayhem) January 21st, 2011 06:13 PM

I just wanted to let you I am alive but I am really sick. I am not really eatting right now so maybe this will help lol.

I hope you are doing well, I will keep checking in but I won't be actively doing anything right now. As soon as I am better I will pick this back up!

However YOU still gotta go go go!!!! Do it Baby!

AtomicMama January 21st, 2011 08:42 PM

Sorry you're sick :( I hope that you feel better soon!

I didn't do great today, but I did alright. I stayed at my friends house when I went to pick up Max and had dinner and watched a movie with her and her husband, so I didn't work out. However, she made a super healthy meal, and I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch. I did eat two cookies though :blush: And I didn't log my calories because I was gone all day. Hopefully, I will work out tomorrow and Sunday.

(Mayhem) January 22nd, 2011 10:58 PM

I am still sick, and so is everyone else. Basically I am eatting bran muffins and soda crackers because those are the only things that stay down. Workout out right now is simply just trying to keep the grumpy sick children in line. They have been so cooped up and I feel horrible but I can't risk them going out in the cold at all and I definatly don't want to pass this around. I am calling the doc monday and hopefully getting an appointment (my doc is always over booked). I am worried this is turning in a chest infection or worse for me and I have asthma so adding anything else to the mix is brutal. Breathing is hard right now, my stairs wipe me out. I am pushing the water though and I think I am getting close to what I should be drinking.
I just have to get through this and then I will make this happen.

redbirds January 23rd, 2011 10:32 AM

((HUGS)) Theresa! I hope you feel better, hunnnie!