JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Lisa's eating and maybe some day I will get to exercise Journal (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2221085-lisas-eating-and-maybe-some-day-i-will-get-to-exercise-journal.html)

who_it_is January 17th, 2011 01:52 PM

Lisa's eating and maybe some day I will get to exercise Journal

Alright so I am totally jumping on the bandwagon here. But I figure a little encouragement, input and motivation can go a long way.

The eating part seems to be going alright most of the time (this would be the input part...eh hm.... Cina :) ). The exersicing part not so much. By the time I get home from work all there seems to be time to do is make dinner, help the big kids with their homework and clean up before I am exhausted and it's bedtime. I am already up at 6am to motivate 3 kids to be ready to leave the house by 7:30, so I am not sure that getting up even earlier is going to work (cue motivation). My original plan was to walk at my lunch hour since my building has 3 flights of stairs, but I am in heels most days (to look the professional part) so a long walk in 3-inch heels doesn't quite work either so I am still working on the exercising part.

So for now, I am going to just keep tracking the food. Work on trying to walk when possible and avoid all of the tempting things a house with a 13 and 9 year old has to offer.

Today's menu so far has been/will be:
Breakfast: Sausage and egg quiche and coffee with SF creamer

Lunch: Leftover spagetti squash spagetti and a few sunflower seeds with a diet coke (I still can't quite kick the caffiene)

Snack if I need it: I have 2 string cheese sticks and 16 homemade cheese "crackers" My new favorite 60 calorie,low carb fave. (Deluxe American cheese slice cut up into little square and nuked on parchment paper for 65 seconds... sounds super, super strange but ends up tasking quite a bit like a cheese-it)

Dinner: Hamburger casserole and salad. (ground beef, eggs, cream, cheese, onion and spices)

caitie_pie January 17th, 2011 04:08 PM

Re: Lisa's eating and maybe some day I will get to exercise Journal

okay that hamburger casserole sounds awesome, recipe???

The only suggestion I could think while reading was to bring a spare pair of shoes with you to work, then you could do the stairs like planned.

SpydrMnky27 January 17th, 2011 05:04 PM

I loooove your meals! Look at you! lol You are doing awesome!

Oreobaby January 17th, 2011 08:17 PM

I want the hamburger recipe too...it sounds really interesting and good!!

kimmiejo January 18th, 2011 07:07 AM

you are doing great!!

who_it_is January 18th, 2011 09:17 AM

The hamburger recipe wasn't good AT ALL. It's definately not one that I plan on repeating.

So today (Tuesday)...

Breakfast - sausage and cheese quiche (crustless) and coffee with SF creamer. (Once we have finished off the creamer we are switching to half and half with Splenda for our coffee)

Lunch - turkey and cheese with a low-carb wrap and a green salad with Ranch

Afternoon snack - cheese "crackers" and a string cheese if I need it and a diet coke

Dinner - chicken and roasted vegetables (zuccini, yellow squash, onion, bell pepper, and carrots I think). We bought some dreamfields pasta to try so I may have that as well. The kids are having regular whole wheat pasta.

I was really wanting something sweet last night, but I ended up going to bed instead of hanging out in the kitchen/living room area. I did find a recipe for a chocolate peanut butter brownie made with eggs, cream cheese, cocoa, peanut butter and splenda so I may try that tonight if I need something a little extra.

who_it_is January 18th, 2011 10:17 AM

Alright, so I am posting this as my motivation right now. Holy double chins batman. We went to a wedding Saturday night, and besides the fact that I had nothing to wear because only my work clothes fit right now, I am horrified to see myself in any of the pictures.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5944463_n.jpg