JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   I guess that will work! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2226017-i-guess-will-work.html)

Mommy to 3 boys January 22nd, 2011 03:50 AM

I guess that will work!

So I had surgery on Wed and I'm already predicting some major weight loss (doc said on average people lose around 15lbs post surgery). I can't eat ANYTHING. I'm so scared of getting sick so I'm eating beyond healthy. I'm having to force myself to eat and it still seems like I'm barely eating.

Yesterday I ate 2 pieces of toast with I can't believe it's not butter and some black cherry jam for breakfast then a bunch of saltine crackers as my lunch/snacks and then a bowl of fresh plain sweet potatoes for dinner. Today I had 2 blueberry eggos for breakfast, saltines for snack, bowl of fresh plain sweet potatoes for lunch and then celery with peanut butter for dinner.

I can't go back to the gym until 4 weeks post surgery and even then I can't do anything involving my stomach muscles but if I keep up these eating habits, I will have dropped weight regardless. I'm so looking forward to going running again... I miss it! At least since I'm dropping weight without working out, I won't end up hurting myself going back to the gym before I'm ready. Around 11 weeks until we move and take a vacation to FL... I'm hoping to lose around 20lbs by then! Here's hoping!

kimberlyw January 22nd, 2011 07:12 AM

Re: I guess that will work!

Sounds painful, but at least there is an upside (the weight loss):) GL and I hope you reach your goal in time for your vacay to FL:) I am hoping to drop 15-20lbs in the next 6weeks (I want to be around 140 by the time DH come home). I don't think I can lose 25-30lbs in 6weeks. Anyway, that is awesome that you get the weight loss from the whole ordeal:)

caitie_pie January 23rd, 2011 03:16 PM

What kind of surgery did you get? It does sound hard, but at least there is the upside that you are going to be happy with the end results, right?

Kim, you can do it! I believe in you! 5lbs a week is hard but I bet you can do it!!!

Mommy to 3 boys January 29th, 2011 05:44 AM

Sorry, I haven't been on because I've been so busy and thenI was very out of it from the pain meds until a couple days ago. I had my gallbladder removed because of gallstones. As of 5 days post op, I had lost 4lbs. I'm going to weight myself again tomorrow to see where I'm at (11 days post op). I've been able to eat things but if I eat something wrong, I get very sick to my stomach for like 12 hours and I get sharp pains. It's less than pleasant and causes me to get nauseous everytime I THINK of that food. I told DH I don't mind if that continues past the 4 weeks. It would mean I wouldn't eat junk which is always good!

SpydrMnky27 January 29th, 2011 08:59 AM

Hope your recovery is going well. Good luck on your weight loss. 12 hours of stomach pain would keep me from eating junk for sure! lol

caitie_pie February 19th, 2011 12:42 PM

^DITTO^

I had bad stomach pains after eating fastfood and that had me off it for a while.
Be sure to come back soon and update, I think by now it's been almost a month since your last post. I hope it wasn't so bad for very long.