JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Vi's 10 month appt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2228446-vis-10-month-appt.html)

Twhylite21 January 24th, 2011 02:15 PM

Vi's 10 month appt

Kaiser does 10 month appts here instead of 9 month ones, so since Violet is 10 months today we had her appt. I can't believe there are only 2 months until she turns 1 :o

Her appt. went pretty well. They asked if she could pull up yet and then I put her down and they saw her walk, so that answered that :lol: Then they had some questions on how much she's eating/nursing/sleeping, etc. My pedi is fine with however I do things so there were no issues there. They asked if she had a parent born outside of the US and DH was, so they wanted to give Vi a TB test. One of DH's sisters and my mom both have had positive TB tests in the past, so both Lily and Vi will probably have to get TB tests done annually just in case since they're around my SIL and my mom a lot. No one has actual active TB, but they just test positive for it and there's a chance it could activate, so we're just being careful.

Anyway, she got her TB test and one other shot that I'd delayed.

Her stats were 20lb, 12oz (71% for girls), 27" (17.7% for girls) and her head was in the 90th percentile. Her pedi was a little concerned about her height since she's only grown an inch in 4 months and dropped from the 61% down to 17.7%, but she said we'll wait to see what she is at her next appt (at 14mo) and she might be moving to a new curve. She mentioned wanting to do a blood test at 14mo if Vi drops in height again just to make sure there's not a thyroid issue or something.

krissy1989 January 24th, 2011 02:24 PM

Re: Vi's 10 month appt

She sounds like she's doing great! Maybe she'll just be on the shorter side in height later in life. I hope everything regarding her height comes out all right. KUP!

Oh, and I didn't know that they had to test for TB if one of the parents was born out of country. DH was born in South Korea and lived there till he was 8, so we'll probably have to get that test for Caleb, too.

QueenCrafty January 24th, 2011 02:52 PM

Sounds like a good appointment overall. How tall was Lily at this age?

Twhylite21 January 24th, 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corny7474 (Post 22848439)
Sounds like a good appointment overall. How tall was Lily at this age?

Lily was definitely taller. I want to say she was 29 or 30" by 10 months...I know she was still in the 70/80th percentiles for height at 10 months.

Shea131 January 24th, 2011 04:11 PM

Sounds like she is doing well! Hopefully she has sprouted up by her next appt!! :)

Meganpixel January 24th, 2011 06:22 PM

oh my goodness 1 in two months.....crazy!!!!

sounds like a great appointment.

Shantastic27 January 24th, 2011 06:36 PM

Glad Vi's doing so well!

mylene169 January 24th, 2011 06:42 PM

I love surprising the doctor! :lol: Sounds like Vi is doing great!

Amanda C January 25th, 2011 05:00 AM

Sounds like she's doing really well!!

Have your relatives ever gotten their childhood vaccines outside of the US? I used to work for a doctor and I can't remember which vaccine it is but there is one that is made differently outside the US and if you get it it works fine but it will always make your TB test positive.

Twhylite21 January 25th, 2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanda C (Post 22853442)
Sounds like she's doing really well!!

Have your relatives ever gotten their childhood vaccines outside of the US? I used to work for a doctor and I can't remember which vaccine it is but there is one that is made differently outside the US and if you get it it works fine but it will always make your TB test positive.

All of DH's sisters had some childhood vaccines in Korea and some in the US. My mom was born here, but she tests positive because of a patient that had TB. But she's also gotten some negative tests since then.

Love_the_Shoes January 25th, 2011 03:41 PM

She sounds like she's doing great!!!! :) She is so advanced, it's awesome! I want Aly to start walking before this baby comes.

ChrissySTL January 25th, 2011 05:20 PM

Great appt-I'm sure the height thing will turn out fine! Well she is well matched with Chase as her sweet heart-they both have large heads LOL! Vi is so advanced I just love hearing about what new thing she is doing!