JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   O/T Utilities Bill (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2232030-o-t-utilities-bill.html)

Max n Meghan's Mom January 28th, 2011 02:36 AM

O/T Utilities Bill

This is my first bill in our new place, so it got me wondering.

What was your consumption this month?

How much was your bill?

How many live in your home?

How much space do you have?

What was your consumption this month? Electric 1057 kwh, Water 3,000 Gallons

How much was your bill? $252

How many live in your home? 2 adults, 1 child

How much space do you have? 1400 sqf (3 bedroom, 3 bath, townhouse)

Katie81 January 28th, 2011 02:40 AM

Re: O/T Utilities Bill

Higher than I thought it would be since we used no heat or air this month....

$164.18

1314 kwh

1800 sq ft

2 adults, 2 children.

When I lived in Gainesville my bill always seemed pretty high too. I think GRU is pricey.

Amanda C January 28th, 2011 04:45 AM

This is my first bill in our new place, so it got me wondering.

What was your consumption this month? 3000 kw

How much was your bill? 315.00

How many live in your home? 5

How much space do you have? 1800 sq feet in my home, plus my water well, and dh's shop which is another 1200 sq feet.

Running my central heat in the winter makes my light bill soar. We usually pay around $200 a month.

Sam914 January 28th, 2011 08:56 AM

What was your consumption this month? Not sure

How much was your bill? about $120 - we are on a payment plan where we pay the same amount all year no matter our actual usage

How many live in your home? 3 or 4 (step daughter, here about half the time)

How much space do you have? I think its about 1500 sq ft?

Twhylite21 January 28th, 2011 10:10 AM

Ours varies and our utility bill (gas and electric) is separate from our water bill.

We pay around $270/month for gas/electric though.

There are 6 people in the house, but my parents are only here about 40-60% of the year.

We have 3100 sq. feet.

For water I think we pay between $100 and $200/monthly, but I'm not sure since DH pays that bill usually.

Sam914 January 28th, 2011 10:24 AM

Oh, our water is separate and its about $30 a month

Kittynoah January 28th, 2011 12:33 PM

I don't know how much we use because I don't have the bill in front of me. All ours is separate - water, gas, electric...

Water runs about 30 bucks a month
Electric is 90 and Gas is 60. We are on budget billing so that it stays the same year round. Otherwise I would pay super high gas in the winter and super high electric in the summer.

QueenCrafty January 28th, 2011 01:58 PM

Our electric, water, and sewer all get put on one bill. We don't have gas in our house.

Our house is about 3400 square feet and there are 4 of us.

We used 2090 kwh for electric

Electric ran about $200, water about $40, sewer $40. That's pretty cheap for us. Our house is really inefficient so we're used to bills getting as high as $400-$500 in previous winters.

taralyn January 28th, 2011 03:30 PM

Our water comes on a seperate bill, but our gas/electric this month was $215, which is the highest it's been so far this year...ugh! There's 2 adults and 1 baby here, our house is about 1500 sq ft. Our gas bill is def higher this year because I don't turn the heat as low at night as I used too because of the baby...usually I would set it at 58 at night! haha! I'm cheap! And I'm home all the time now so the heat is always running. I can't wait for summer when our bill is usually around $50!

palmetto_moon January 28th, 2011 06:26 PM

No idea on the consumption b/c I don't have the bill in front of me.

Our electric/water/sewer all come togther from the City of Mascouath...and gas we pay seperately.
In the summer our electric bill gets as high as $500 and in the winter it goes down to about $250 with the gas bill then going higher...

There are 12 people in our house. The house in inefficient and we are crappy about leaving things on when we should turn them off.

2705 sq ft in the house.

Amanda C January 29th, 2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amf4976 (Post 22896235)
No idea on the consumption b/c I don't have the bill in front of me.

Our electric/water/sewer all come togther from the City of Mascouath...and gas we pay seperately.
In the summer our electric bill gets as high as $500 and in the winter it goes down to about $250 with the gas bill then going higher...

There are 12 people in our house. The house in inefficient and we are crappy about leaving things on when we should turn them off.

2705 sq ft in the house.

That doesn't sound too bad for 12 people.

I should have added in my first post. My home is all electric and we don't have a water bill we just have a water well so that adds a little more to my electric bill.

Max n Meghan's Mom January 29th, 2011 11:16 AM

Ok I'm a moron! I had checked my bill online when I had posted this. I just got the paper bill and part of that was our turn on fee of $60. So the bill was actually like $190 for water, electric and sewage. Which is awesome, because our last place we were paying around $300 a month for less space because our appliances were really outdated. I can't believe how much we saved by having newer, energy efficient appliances.

It'll be interesting to see what'll be in the Summer months though, that's when it's normally the highest for us.