JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   From TTC through Pregnancy... my overall journey for #3 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2301317-ttc-through-pregnancy-my-overall-journey-for-3-a.html)

redbirds April 12th, 2011 01:16 PM

From TTC through Pregnancy... my overall journey for #3

This is more for my record than anything... but if anyone's interested in what we're doing, here you go :)

We aren't officially trying until July or so...

But here's what we're doing in the mean time.

I have a high estradiol issue, which may have been why it took so long to conceive Kellen (18 months with MA, 2 IUI's, injectibles, etc...) SOOOO... Research shows being overweight DOES increase estradiol levels (fat makes estradiol), so I'm on a mission to lose weight. I want to lose (from the Jan 6 weight) 54 pounds by summer's TTC. I've lost 24# so far. It'll be tough to lose 30 more by the July mark of TTC, but I'll be close and will probably get to that mark by end of summer. :cheer: I am REALLY hopeful this can help. I am ALMOST where I was when I conceived DD naturally (oops), so being older, I may need to be below that weight by at least 20 pounds to boost my chances much more, thus my original goal of 54# loss.

Age: not much we can do about it except take supplements to boost quality (see below)

High Prolactin levels (nursing): At Kellen's 7 month mark, we transitioned him to the crib. No more night nursings. He gets 1 bottle in the middle of the night, and nurses first thing in the morning and before bed, at about 8p... so it's about 10 hours without nursing.

During the day, he gets to nurse before both naps (about 4 hours apart in nursing) and takes solids and 2 bottles between.

By his 9th month mark, we'll be done nursing :cries: but my body needed complete weaning from Kensley to get ppaf back, and so far, it looks like that is the case so far this round too.

The 9th month is June. Hoping PPAF comes in June, we'll give it a month to correct itself, then start TTC in July :cheer: We hope!

Here's what we're doing to in the mean time to boost quality of sperm and eggs:

DH takes, daily (much of this is in his multi-vitamin) :

Vitamin C: 1000 mg/day helps for healthier sperm & semen
Vitamin E: 400 IU
Selenium, 200 mg/day
Zinc, 15 mg
L Arginine 1000mg/day
Vit D, 2000+/day

I take daily (much of this is in my prenatal that I never stopped taking)

Zinc, 15 mg
Iron 20+ mg/day
prenatal
Vit E 400 IU
Vit D, 2000+/day
Folic Acid 400+mg/day
Calcium 1200 mg/day
Manganese: 2mg/day
B-6: 50mg/day
Green Tea
Omega 3-6-9

**And, when we do get PPAF back and start TTC:
RRL Tea: CD 1-Ovulation
EPO: 1200-3000 mg/day CD 1-Ovulation only
Tribulus, CD 5-Ovlation

I also have leftover clomid, which I may try for 1 cycle just in case. :sneak: I don't think we'll try try it for the first cycle, though.

PRAYING we can get a BFP relatively soon (like, some time in 2011). I do NOT want to go through the torture and pain of going another 18 months and all the tests and RE stuff again.

Mrs.Mikey April 12th, 2011 02:28 PM

Re: I guess I'll do a TTC journal, too ;)

Good luck! I hope it happens super quick! We are NTNP right now too, I just got my PPAF last month, then again on cd 18?!?! whaaaa? So I am not sure how this is all going to work for me right now- anyway not to hijack your journal but I wanted to wish you luck! :yougogirl:

VeronicaBride April 12th, 2011 02:56 PM

I am praying things happen quickly for you once you are ready Gwynne. You make beautiful kids!

irish luck April 12th, 2011 04:31 PM

Fingers crossed for you!! KUP!!

::april.showers:: April 12th, 2011 07:47 PM

Good luck Gwynne!!

redbirds April 14th, 2011 03:17 PM

Thanks, ladies! We're just in the prepping stages so... :fingerscrossed:

When it's time, I may be asking for lots of prayers and baby dust :D

momof8lopez April 15th, 2011 08:25 AM

Gwynne, lots of luck to you that you get this next little baby really quickly!! Congrats on your weight loss so far, that is just amayzing!! Cant wait to see your beautiful BFP this early fall/late summer!

Memi April 17th, 2011 05:18 PM

Wow you should be so proud of yourself losing the weight!!
Best of luck you will conceive soon after July!

alethia May 7th, 2011 10:31 PM

wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! WTG for both of you for being working so hard to get it done. Congrats on your weight loss - in person i think you look amazing! :D Sending baby dust for when you start officially trying!

redbirds May 14th, 2011 05:16 PM

Thanks girls!

Since we're still waiting on :witch: I thought I'd post why we want to get #3 soon :)

My brother and I are 22 months apart and 2 years apart in school. We are VERY close. My DH and his brother were 4 years apart, and they were not really close. I do NOT want my kids that far apart in age. I'm saddened already at the thought of starting Kellen at 5 turning 6 for Kindergarten, because that'd be 3 years apart from Kensley, but if we get #3 soon, and if it's a boy, it may be awesome to have them 1 or 2 years apart in school, especially if their interests are the same if they choose to play the same sports (or sports at all).

I want a new car :D A Traverse for now, and when they get bigger, we'll probably switch to a Suburban (unless something better comes up in a decade). My car (jeep cherokee) works fine for 4, but there's no way 3 car seats will fit in the back. I can't wait to get a new car! but I said I wouldn't get a new car until we're preggo and baby's nearly here.

I am OK with 2, really, but would LOVE 3, and maybe like 4. I don't know about being pregnant in my 40's, though, so this may be our last harrah.

I'm one of those folks who loves the Normal Rockwell pics and the sappy medium/large family Christmas movies and all.

We love, love, love sports. I love theater and musicals, and the more kids we have, the greater our chances are that at least 1 kiddo will be interested in and quite active in these things :lol:

We can afford it (or, more like, it won't break our bank. We aren't well off, by any means. We just live in our budget and can't complain).

I love kids. I LOOOOOVE babies. I get weepy thinking of being a mom to high schoolers (crazy). Sigh.

Did I mention I want my Traverse? :lol:

I also want to add on (or better yet, build a new house) and having 1 or 2 more kids would force the issue.

Children are a blessing. They are a gift from God. I can't imagine not having kids.

:heart:

Memi May 15th, 2011 03:11 PM

:wub: babies are so exciting to plan for! I hope you get hyour :bfp: soon...and shortly after your Traverse!!! ;)

redbirds May 16th, 2011 07:48 AM

Spotting this morning, so it may be soon! We're going to NTNP this month, but come my 2nd official cycle, I'm breaking out the thermometer and activating with Fertility Friend again!

VeronicaBride May 16th, 2011 09:15 AM

YAY Gwynne! So glad she came back so quickly for you. Hopefully your cycles are pretty regular and you will get your BFP in no time.

redbirds May 18th, 2011 05:06 PM

Just bought a bunch of OPK's and HPT's from early pregnancy tests (.com) and I renewed my fertility friend account (well, more accurately: re-opened it. I'm not paying for it). This month is just NTNP, but after that, we're back on the bandwagon and I'm SOOO excited and SOOOO nervous! :blush:

I REALLY wish this freaking plateau would LEAVE ME BE! I think weight loss is key and I'm $^@&ing stuck at this same weight for over 2 months now, no matter what I try to break it. It's the same weight I was before I conceived Kensley (lost 4 pounds, then conceived her!) and during the first tri of her pregnancy and I've been here FOREVER and I'm sick of it. I want to be in one more smaller size, AT LEAST and I swear the weight loss is critical if we don't want to struggle with this again. :(

Memi May 18th, 2011 08:32 PM

Weight loss is no easy feat! I sympathize bc I know how tough it can be! I used FF when TTC also. Its a great website! Im so excited youll be trying soon.

amonstersmomma June 22nd, 2011 10:12 PM

:hug: I really hope you're able to lose the weight you want to! I'm praying you have a short TTC journey. Very excited for you :D :D :D

redbirds June 26th, 2011 08:44 AM

This is our first OFFICIAL month TTC... used OPK's and FF charting and such.

BLARING positive OPK yesterday (Sat.) morning and we DTD (a really good one, too, not a typical quickie :giggle: ) while these 2 LO's were napping.

I woke up this a.m. and was cramping, and from my experiences with RE and meds, I'm pretty sure it was ovulation pains. We'll probably BD again today some time and cross our fingers!

My birthday is July 6. If, indeed, I did O today, that would be 10 DPO. I don't think I'd see a BFP that early (didn't with Kellen) but if I'm feeling hopeful, I may test then, otherwise, I'll wait until 13 dpo.

redbirds July 26th, 2011 10:11 PM

God, it's been a month... so...

last cycle was a bust :( I was really hoping for my little lucky charm. Sigh. So, this cycle, we decided to go REALLY relaxed. I didn't tell DH about when I was O'ing or anything, but he must have figured it out because we have some good timing.

I'm 4 dpo now and will test probably at 12 dpo or so. I am REALLY relaxed about this cycle because I can take or leave an April baby :giggle: So much going on that month!

I just finished my last temp for the cycle. There was a clear temp shift, OPK's and O cramps (like last cycle), so I know things are working. We'll see if any of the swimmers won the race this time or if we're going to another cycle.

white.house July 27th, 2011 09:50 AM

FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you talking about? April is a good month for birthdays ;) :lol:

I want to see another little K baby from you SOON! :wub:

redbirds July 31st, 2011 06:49 PM

So... I've got a massive headache now (did last cycle, too) and I had a crazy dream that all my 10 dpo tests were blaring positives! Now, that's crazy because I never test positive at 10 dpo ;) and now, those tests are screaming at me...

I *think* I can hold out until Wednesday! I honestly don't feel anything right now, so if I had to go with any "feeling" I'd say BFN this cycle.