JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Livin' La Vida Low Carb (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2320350-livin-la-vida-low-carb.html)

StarrMom May 5th, 2011 11:15 AM

Livin' La Vida Low Carb

I went back on an Atkins-like diet on Monday. I've done it before with pretty good results, but not since I've been so heavy.

I started on Monday. I'm doing pretty well overall. I am still totally hungry and the cravings haven't left yet, but hopefully that will change in a day or two.

Since Monday I've lost about 3 lbs, so about a pound per day. I guess that's good, but it's hard to get excited about 3 pounds when you have so far to go :(

I have 2 goals in mind...my main goal is to get to 130, but my dream goal would be to reach 105 (remember I'm only about 4'10").

So far I'm being strong! I'm actually not eating enough because I'm already tired of meat, but after a few more days it should be better.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!:D

CandaceDianne May 5th, 2011 11:50 AM

Re: Livin' La Vida Low Carb

Keep it up...once you hit 5 it just somehow helps you keep chugging through! :)

kimmiejo May 5th, 2011 12:26 PM

WTG Starr! keep up the good work! you can do it!

handymandy May 5th, 2011 02:18 PM

Awesome! My DH is on that right now too. Personally, I could not do that so kudos to you! I love bread and pasta WAY too much!

kileechatseal May 8th, 2011 07:13 AM

Good Luck! :)

StarrMom May 9th, 2011 09:22 AM

Thanks girls!

Well, after 1 week I'm down 4 lbs. I guess it's okay it's just hard to get excited about 4 lbs...lol. The hunger pains have subsided finally, the first 4 days were TOUGH. It's getting much easier now.

For my birthday (on the 11th) my parents gave me my presents early since we were together for Mother's Day, and they got me 4 boxes of Atkins snacks. I was soooo excited! Those are EXPENSIVE! LOL

I limit myself to 1/day, but it's nice to know they are there in case I'm tempted to cheat.

StarrMom May 16th, 2011 11:57 AM

Just a small update :)

I've been really sticking to the diet well, no cheating, but the lbs aren't really coming off :( I think some inches may have, though, I didn't measure that way.

Right now I've lost right around 5 lbs.

I bought some carb intercepter pills that I used to use in the past. They are supposed to take some of the carbs out of your meals. So I'll take them with any meal that has a few more carbs than I want (like when I use my low carb taco shells, which are about 4 grams of carbs each)

I also need to start working out. Ugh. LOL

StarrMom June 15th, 2011 09:24 PM

Hi! I just thought I would stop in to update that I've lost about 12 pounds. Still on the diet!