JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Well I'm being induced (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2340572-well-im-being-induced.html)

Love_the_Shoes June 1st, 2011 12:30 PM

Well I'm being induced

:( Stupid body.

Went in today for my 40 week 5 day appt and I'm still 3 cm and 50% effaced and she's not engaged. He set me up for Saturday the 4th at 8 am. He asked if I wanted to wait a couple more days--but it's too upsetting. It's very emotional right now...I'm in pain, I want to hold her so bad, I'm so scared of labor and the aftermath (bleeding, leaking boobs, sleepless nights), I'm worried about being away from the diva, I'm worried how she will even handle a new baby, I'm worried how I PERSONALLY will handle two babies...it's just a slew of emotions and I sike myself up and give myself pep talks and nothing happens in the labor dept. So I'm throwing in the towel and giving in.

And I'm so sad and nervous. He said since I'm 3 cm i won't need gel--I'm so scared. I can't even imagine pitocin and going from NO CONTRACTIONS to INTENSE ones in a matter of minutes. I'm scared my induction won't take and I'll have to get a c-section. How the heck am I going to recover from a c-section while taking care of a 14 month old home alone?

I'm so scared.

Friday is prob. going to be an intense day. Lots of crying I'm sure. I know I won't sleep Friday night. I'll prob. be up at 5 am on saturday getting last minute things done.

This is just a hot mess. I thought 2nd babies were suppose to come early? My body sucks...I took such good care of it this pregnancy too. Darnit.

MrsTiffy June 1st, 2011 12:44 PM

Re: Well I'm being induced

I'm sorry. That sucks that they set up for an induction. Maybe you will have your little one before Saturday. Good luck!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one.

Love_the_Shoes June 1st, 2011 12:57 PM

Thanks hun :( It does suck. No more babies for a long time for me. I just read info on the risks of inductions. shouldn't have done that.

I'm a mess. Matt better be buying me something big and shiny if I have to now experience "Titanic Contractions" (taken from a website) due to pitocin.

I doubt I'll have her by Saturday anyways. My luck? They'll try the whole 24 hours of vaginal labor and then 8 am on Sunday tell me they need to give me a c-section.

Don't mention any of this on my FB

Twhylite21 June 1st, 2011 12:58 PM

You may go into labor on your own before then. :dothug:

Your body is progressing since you are effacing and dilating, it's just taking some time. She'll be here soon and you'll be fine with Aly and her! You're stronger than you think!

taralyn June 1st, 2011 01:01 PM

Oh Kristin... Try not to stress. With Rachel I was technically induced, my water broke but I was only 1 cm, 20% effaced so they started pitocin right away. I was scared too because I heard such horror stories, but it really wasn't that bad. They gradually increased the dose so I didn't go from no contractions to crazy ones...it was very gradual. I had an epi and that helped and my whole labor process (from when my water broke) was less than 12 hours. I think I only pushed for maybe half an hour (but in my mind it was waaay less). I'm actually thinking of asking for one again this time (I know...start throwing stones now) since I have no idea what we are going to do with Rachel if I randomly just go into labor at 3 in the morning.

DO NOT google inductions anymore!! :lol: They'll always give you the worst case scenerio. Everything will be fine and just think, in a couple of days you'll be holding your sweet girl. Everything else will fall into place. Everything will be okay!

Katie81 June 1st, 2011 01:07 PM

Try not to stress about it. I had both my babies through inductions and both went flawlessly. With my first I was induced at 41 weeks at only 1cm dilated and she was born 12 hours from the start of the pitocin. I had my epidural before they broke my water and barely ever felt any pain the entire time. With Grey I was induced at 38.5 weeks at 3cm dilated (I had nursing school finals coming up lol) and he was born after only 8 hours of labor. Again, epidural before they broke my water and I felt no pain.

Having done a full OB rotation last semester through school I know how they do the pitocin. They start you at only 1 unit and gradually increase the amount only if you actually need it. Most time the pit kick starts your body into action and they wind up turning it off or way down. The "titanic contractions" are not likely and your nurse would very quickly turn off your pitocin if that actually happened. Try and relax! Inductions can be just as pleasant and relaxing as if you went into labor on your own :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by taralyn (Post 24034645)
Oh Kristin... Try not to stress. With Rachel I was technically induced, my water broke but I was only 1 cm, 20% effaced so they started pitocin right away. I was scared too because I heard such horror stories, but it really wasn't that bad. They gradually increased the dose so I didn't go from no contractions to crazy ones...it was very gradual. I had an epi and that helped and my whole labor process (from when my water broke) was less than 12 hours. I think I only pushed for maybe half an hour (but in my mind it was waaay less). I'm actually thinking of asking for one again this time (I know...start throwing stones now) since I have no idea what we are going to do with Rachel if I randomly just go into labor at 3 in the morning.

DO NOT google inductions anymore!! :lol: They'll always give you the worst case scenerio. Everything will be fine and just think, in a couple of days you'll be holding your sweet girl. Everything else will fall into place. Everything will be okay!

My second was a voluntary induction! We needed him out pronto because DH and I both had finals approaching and my cervix was very favorable already. My doctor also is only at the hospital one day a week so had I not been induced both times he most likely would not have delivered my babies. I am already planning an induction next time because my labors progress super fast after my water breaks and I want my doctor to deliver again.

Brannyt June 1st, 2011 01:14 PM

I had Brynlee through induction, and although I DID end up having to have a c-section, it wasn't because of the induction. It's really not that bad! The contractions don't become intense right away because they will slowly increase the pitocin.

Hunhun2 might be here on her own before Saturday, so for now just take it easy and one day at a time. There are so many ladies who go in for an appt, not dilated or anything, and go into labor that same day. It could totally happen! You're in my thoughts girly! Keep positive!

Kittynoah June 1st, 2011 05:37 PM

Oh Kristin - hang in there. First of all, just because you are being induced, does not mean you are a failure! And since your body is favorable (like already dilating), and induction will probably be completely successful. It is much easier to induce if your body is already doing something (which I know you think your body isn't, but if you are somewhat effaced and dilated to 3, something is happening).

You will get through this and you will be able to handle two babies.

Try to relax these last few days and enjoy yourself. Get a mani and pedi before Saturday!

HopelessP June 1st, 2011 06:24 PM

I was scheduled to be induced w/Ashlyn and I ended up going into labor very early that morning so don't give up hope! I was only 1cm at the appt. I went to that morning so at least your body is doing something!!! I'll be sending eviction vibes your way!

Love_the_Shoes June 2nd, 2011 04:42 AM

Thanks girls...thanks for sharing your stories of hope too--seriously. I need to read positive info and stories not negative.

fibigrey June 2nd, 2011 05:24 AM

ahhhh I didn't see this sooner!!

Kristin! You will be perfect. I can understand your feelings, but you are a strong woman, and everything will be just fine. I was induced and the labor was really quick. I was induced at 12 and had her by 4:21.. And pitocin is different for everyone, just like labor is. And stay positive, I'm sure you'll deliver that baby naturally! Just take a deep breath, relax a little, light some lavender candles and enjoy the last few days of pregnancy. I know its so hard, but you will be fine Kristin. Lots and lots and lots of people have babies so close in age.

I'm excited for you, by the way ;) I can't WAIT to see pics and hear the birth story!!

JaxonsMom2010 June 2nd, 2011 06:32 AM

AWW Kristin!! You are going to be ok. You are a strong and capable woman!! A lot of women are in the same boat you are in. Babies come when they are ready. You should not blame yourself. And like the other ladies said - little miss might decide she wants to come before Saturday.

And pitocin is not all that bad. I had it with my first. I was very slow to dilate with him. I was only at a 2 when I got to the hospital. The contractions started gradually.

And just think - you know she will be here by Sunday!!!!

QueenCrafty June 2nd, 2011 10:02 AM

Your body is definitely not a failure! Like Shelley said your body is making progress in it's own time. My second child was later than my first. With Lily I was in active labor at 2cm dilated, but it wasn't until after 4cm that I went into active labor with Abri. With Abri, she was really high up the day I went into labor. Things can change in an instant.

My suggestion to you if you do want to consider avoiding pitocin, ask to have your membranes stripped. If your body is ready, it will send a signal to start contractions. I've done it with both girls. There is a risk of rupturing your water, which could introduce bacteria but it may send you into labor with natural contractions instead of intense pitocin ones.

Good luck! She'll be here before you know it

mylene169 June 2nd, 2011 10:10 AM

You'll be great!!! I know it's hard not to stress over being induced. With Kaija I know I freaked out when my Dr. said the word "pitocin" for exactly the same reasons as you said - I'd heard terrible things about the contractions and increased rate of c-section. But, also like you, I was already dilated and slightly effaced, my body just needed an extra push to really get going. Everything will be perfect :) And as many suggested, she may just come before Saturday!!

sandpaper06 June 2nd, 2011 10:36 AM

Just offering support. I haven't had an induction, but my SIL just did yesterday and hers was great. Went in at 6:30 am and sweet baby girl born at 12:18. Hope it goes just as smoothly for you.

Also, this was her 4th baby and was 5 days late (with an induction). Some babies just like to bake longer!

Good luck and I'm thinking and praying for you!

LisaBrown June 2nd, 2011 03:28 PM

Oh honey, reading your posts made me so sad...but girl, it's those darned hormones talking, not the strong, sexy, vibrant, nurturing energetic and loving person that we all know you are!!! I soooooo totally have faith in you, and I have faith that Matt will be there for you all the way too, and you guys are going to make this work! In a few days, you will feel the rush and amazement all over again and mother nature will take over and you will be just fine. Aly will LOVE being a big sister, I'm sure she will do great too. And when things are not always perfect (because they can never be perfect), all you can do is go with the flow! When the current comes, remember t's not worth it to waste your energy swimming up stream...

I have no labor stories, but I think the girls pretty much covered that. :)

WE LOVE YOU, WE'LL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU AND WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!

:heart: and also... I just can't wait to meet her :heart:

Love_the_Shoes June 2nd, 2011 06:22 PM

:cry::cry:

I love you girls so much!!

Tomorrow is Friday and my last day with just the diva and also my last day feeling a heck of a lot better than I will be feeling come Sunday.

I'm tearing up as I type this--I'm scared. I'm excited but scared. There is no way I will be sleeping tomorrow night.

Everything is pretty much ready at my house--I hung up hunhun2's name in her room today, I made a Big Sister shirt for Aly, I cleaned and did our laundry. The only thing left for tomorrow is to run to the store and buy misc. groceries for Aly while we are in the hospital.

I bought hunhun2 an adorable outfit today for the hospital...I can't wait to put her in it. It's purple and flowy and looks like a little princess dress...it's really pretty...not my typical zebra prints and rhinestones...but soft and perfect for a newborn.

I may be quiet tomorrow...this is such a weird emotion to go through...knowing that by Saturday I will be giving birth to my little girl, whom I've waited 10 long months for. It's kind of trippy.

But I will be bringing out laptop to the hospital and hopefully have some time to update you girls..either via facebook or JM.

Please send some prayers and positive thoughts my way for both Friday night (to calm my nerves and anxiety) and also for Saturday.

I can do this. My body is made to give birth...even if it needs help with some pitocin. My body can do this. I can do this.

breath in...breath out.

:heart: I love you girls! xoxo

Shea131 June 2nd, 2011 06:23 PM

Kristin - you will do great with the induction!! And just think you were worried about being induced with Aly to and she ended up coming on her own!! You could very well go into labor before your induction! I was scheduled for an induction with Peyton on a Wednesday night and went into labor on my own early early that morning so it could totally happen for you too!! But if not, I am confident that the induction will go flawless!! And like some others said no matter how it happens...hunhun2 will be here by SUNDAY!!!!!!! :D That's in 3 days!!! Holy cow!!!! Good luck with everything girl!! KUP for sure!!! Can't wait to meet your sweet girl and see pics of Aly in her big sis outfit!!!! :)

Twhylite21 June 3rd, 2011 10:00 AM

Kristin, I am sending you so many ELVs and I am so excited for you! You can do this and I have total faith in you! Have Matt massage you to help relax you through contractions. Focus on relaxing your body as much as you can and visualize her coming through the birth canal, etc. Focus on what your body is doing, because working with your body can help you birth her more easily. So excited!

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! And who knows, maybe you'll go into labor today.

Racine June 3rd, 2011 11:37 AM

Kristin, I am praying hard for you girl, everything is going to be great! She is going to be here so soon and all the discomfort and fear you're feeling now will be such a hazy, distant memory.

Just to throw another "I had pitocin" at you...I was induced with Gav and it was a total breeze in spite of my pitocin apprehension. He was born in two hours from the time the drip started, I didn't even have time for the epi to kick in but it didn't matter b.c it happened so quickly.

Also, my nurse knew I was nervous about the pit (I fought it tooth and nail and had them break my water and walk for an hour first) so she started me at a HALF dose. If you're worried about it being too intense too quickly, ask them to start with that; they never even had to increase it for me.

Good luck lady!