JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Added PIC in #8 ...MILK BAG ... random safety fact (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2376157-added-pic-8-milk-bag-random-safety-fact.html)

irish luck July 19th, 2011 10:05 AM

Added PIC in #8 ...MILK BAG ... random safety fact

Many years ago, before Logan was even one I heard on the radio that the corners of milk bags are one of the most dangerous things for a child to choke on. That once they are inhaled into their throat it gets stuck like a cone on the sides of the little ones throat (like a piece of balloon). And people cut the corners and often dont even know where they end up

ANyways, after hearing that I am always so cafeful about milk bags and thought I would share the random fact..... and if you think I am a freak :) please ignore me!!! :D

~Kris~ July 19th, 2011 10:30 AM

Re: MILK BAG ... random safety fact

Sounds very believable (and scary!). Our milk comes in gallon jugs here, but I know my grandma gets hers in plastic bags.

ardisbaby July 19th, 2011 11:05 AM

ignorant American here! I was totally confused until I read Kris' response, duh-what else would a milk bag be but a bag that's filled with milk!?

~Kris~ July 19th, 2011 11:07 AM

^^I was SO confused the first time my grandma asked me to go grab a bag of milk from the fridge in the garage when they first started getting it like that.

irish luck July 19th, 2011 11:12 AM

do u not get milk bags? I'll take a picture of mine lol

ardisbaby July 19th, 2011 11:16 AM

Please do, I want to see!
I bet that would keep DH from drinking straight from the container, lol!

Meggie26 July 19th, 2011 11:20 AM

I was confused as well.. I was totally thinking of the tiny little bags that breastmilk is stored in! Haha.. I'd love to see a picture too! We get our milk, by the gallon, in a jug.

irish luck July 19th, 2011 12:13 PM

This is the outside bag
http://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...c04ce41449.jpg

there are 3 bags like this in the large bag
http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...05ebe386b6.jpg

and we put in something like this, cut the corner off and pour
http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...2c23b3bdfc.jpg
dont mind the mess on the table!

I will say I have never taken a picture of my milk before, lol!

J9+J+C=Complete July 19th, 2011 12:20 PM

Re: Added PIC in #8 ...MILK BAG ... random safety fact

I have never seen or heard of a milk bag before!!!!!! Very interesting! Yup mine is a plastic gallon jug:)

~Kris~ July 19th, 2011 12:21 PM

That's exaclty how my grandma's milk is-except the labeling is on each bag and is sold by each bag.

I like it because there is SO much less waste than the jugs.

VeronicaBride July 19th, 2011 12:38 PM

I get my milk in bags Callie ;)

irish luck July 19th, 2011 12:39 PM

Kris, the bags make good freezer bags too :)
Jen, doesnt it seem like we are so far away sometimes? yet we are not much more than a hour to the border

LifenTheFastLane July 19th, 2011 12:50 PM

I was sooo confused! I was certain you were talking about a breastfeeding storage bag because I have NEVER heard of a milk bag. Lol we have jugs here.

irish luck July 19th, 2011 01:01 PM

and i even referred to myself as a freak in the opening thread..... I didn't know that so many of you really would think i was crazy! lol!

BAM July 19th, 2011 01:58 PM

What's funny is I was having a discussion like this with some other friends on another forum about milk bags and they all swore I had 3 heads because they do not have milk bags in the states. I showed them a picture and they thought it was nasty, like it would be nasty to drink milk out of a plastic bag. What's funny is the jugs of milk down in the states are made of plastic too so what's the difference? :rofl:

amonstersmomma July 19th, 2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifenTheFastLane (Post 24415262)
I was sooo confused! I was certain you were talking about a breastfeeding storage bag because I have NEVER heard of a milk bag. Lol we have jugs here.

Ditto! :lol: Although now seeing the picture in my junior year of high school we lived in Bolivia and the milk came in bags there!+

white.house July 19th, 2011 04:02 PM

I have jugs.

:giggle:

irish luck July 19th, 2011 04:06 PM

hehe Kelli!

Canadianne July 19th, 2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish luck (Post 24413776)
Many years ago, before Logan was even one I heard on the radio that the corners of milk bags are one of the most dangerous things for a child to choke on. That once they are inhaled into their throat it gets stuck like a cone on the sides of the little ones throat (like a piece of balloon). And people cut the corners and often dont even know where they end up

ANyways, after hearing that I am always so cafeful about milk bags and thought I would share the random fact..... and if you think I am a freak :) please ignore me!!! :D

I had never thought of this! Thanks for posting it...I will definitely be more careful with our bags. :)

alethia July 19th, 2011 05:00 PM

I've never seen milk bags either

just jugs kelli :giggle: me too