JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Workout routine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2389343-workout-routine.html)

taterm August 5th, 2011 10:55 PM

Workout routine

What is your workout routine?

I just joined anytime fitness yesterday. So for now I am doing 20minutes on the eliptical and 10minutes on the bike. They are lower impact on my knees then the treadmill, but once I start losing some weight I am hoping my knees stop hurting so much. And then I can start back on the treadmill. I would like to be able to jog someday, but who knows if I will ever be able to do that.
I have the worst coordination EVER. :lol:

I also need to start doing pushups. My arms are the thing I hate most on my body. Dh says that is the only way to "whip" them into shape. :( I can't even do one. :lol: Not even a girl pushup. :mellow:

ThaiSpice August 6th, 2011 10:54 AM

Re: Workout routine

I started doing Lindsay Brin's postnatal bootcamp a couple of months ago. Its a DVD where you can mix and match different floor work (Pilates, yoga, core stuff) interval, cardio and strength training segments. Each segment is about 10 min. There's also a 12 week program with pre-built workouts that start at 18 minutes with warm up and cool down, and by the end are up to 38 minutes. It's getting a little old though. I'm ready to mix in some other things. This week I bought Wii zumba, and it's pretty intense. Right now, my goal is 40-45 min 3x per week.

peace.love.audrey August 6th, 2011 02:25 PM

I joined the gym like 3 or 4 weeks ago and I normally do 60 min of cardio 3 to 4 days a week. I do 15 on the bike to warm my legs up and then 45 on the treadmill. Somedays I get bored on the treadmill and I will only do it for 30 min then do the eliptical for 15. Today is the first day of my 90 mins of cardio. I did the bike for 15, treadmill (walk/run/walk/run) for 60 and the eliptical for 15. Ugh. I'm tired.

~Daniell~ August 8th, 2011 06:19 AM

Living social had a special on a boot camp class so I go for my full body diagnostic tomorrow. Its 20 classes and I have to use them in 45 days so I am excited. I will also continue to walk and I joined the gym at my job but it doesn't open until August 22.

Nicole1110 August 8th, 2011 10:38 AM

I just joined the gym last week and my plan is to go 4 times a week. My plan right now is to do 30 mins on the treadmill and maybe 15-20 on the bike. I also want to start doing the circuit training machines to get my muscles building.

proud2BanSLP August 9th, 2011 07:45 PM

I go to Gold's gym. The one thats closest to me is pretty small, but I like it. I go to an athletic conditioning class on Wednesday night, spin on Saturday morning and hit the treadmill/weights up on Mon and Fridays. I usually go when Michael is in bed and DH is home except for Saturday mornings. I do a lot of weights and cardio. THe atheletic conditioning class is really cool and I love the trainer. We do a lot of intervals and its very intense. I wish they had more classes since that is what I like the most and keeps me motivated.