JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   C25k (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2482267-c25k.html)

Memi January 29th, 2012 07:16 PM

C25k

:sneak: Hey ladies...never thought I'd venture over to this subgroup ;)

I just started the Couch 2 5K program last week, and I know I'm going to need continued motivation, support and accountability...so here I am!!!

I hate running...I mean H.A.T.E. running!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always have and seems like I always will. Even at my most fit, I've just never ever been a runner, but I've secretly always wanted to be. Enough is enough and I'm in desperate need of whooping my butt into shape. I was super motivated to get back in shape as soon as I was medically released to work out, but then four months later I started back at work and haven't set foot in a gym since. We booked a cruise in April so it's due time I get back to the skinny, which is extremely difficult for me. :(

Has anyone else done this program or doing it now? Tomorrow will be my Week 1 Day 3 so I'm still at the beginning. Does it get harder or easier as it goes on? Have you lost any weight doing this program alone? I'd love to hear any experience you ladies may have with this since it's still all brand new to me!

VeronicaBride January 29th, 2012 08:11 PM

Re: C25k

I did it last spring and loved it. I have done many 5k's and a couple 10k's since. Kelli is doing it right now. I personally found it easier as it went along but if you are finding a week difficult, you can always repeat a week until you are ready to move on to the next one. It should be a bit challenging though.

For me I find running alone doesn't help me lose weight (the number on the scale stays the same) but I feel more fit and my clothes fit differently when I am actively running. I think it would depend on how much weight you have to lose. I lost the weight from eating healthier and got more toned and down in sizes by running, if that makes sense.

Good luck!!

Memi January 30th, 2012 11:07 AM

It does make sense, thanks Jen! DH has started running races so I'd love to join him once I'm finished w the program and feeling capable.

To answer your question I have a good 20 lb. To lose.

~Kris~ January 30th, 2012 01:01 PM

I didn't do the program since I didn't like the idea of running/walking changing so frequently, but I started with running for about 20-30 minutes with a minute or so of walking 2-3x in there. That was last April and now I typically run 10+ miles a week and do some biking too. Unfortunately I have only lost about 5 lbs. :( I've never had luck losing weight while BFing though, so my fingers are still crossed that when she weans I will lose some. I know I should eat better, but I do not like fruits or veggies.

Memi January 30th, 2012 07:25 PM

10+ miles :jawdrop: That's amazing, Kris!! I'm sure even if the scale isn't changing much you're noticing a big difference in your PP body since you started, though? That's my big thing, my belly still looks like I'm easily 5 months pregnant. I need to tone it back up like something awful!!!!!!! :whip: