JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   I need help!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2547578-i-need-help.html)

redbirds July 9th, 2012 06:48 PM

I need help!!

Well, this is so freaking depressing. With the other 2, I lost 25# without blinking just through BF. With Kerris, I lost 12 pounds and GAINED 1 back! WTH! I've been working out a LITTLE (3x/week, 1 hour, at the gym), but my snacking and utter disgust with myself leads to more stress grazing and here I sit, no more weight down. I can't fit into any clothes except those I wore in pregnancy. I thought working out during pregnancy would make this easier, but it's so much worse!

I just need someone to hold me accountable. When I did this last year, Melanie was my buddy and I checked in ALL THE TIME. She didn't always check in (understandable) but I needed her to keep me accountable.

Anyone want to be my buddy? I know you may not need to lose the weight I do, but someone needs to kick my butt when I need it, which is ALL THE TIME right now. I need someone to ask me how my water's going and if I've decreased my unnecessary grazing through the day.

My goal, right now, is to lose 35 pounds, which would take me 2 pounds under what I was before Kerris. I want to lose this by April. I know it's slow, but I think it may take that long. When I get to the 35 pound mark, however long that takes, I know I'll want to go another 25-35 pounds, but not sure how much at this point, and that total of 60-70 pounds as a goal number is too overwhelming, so I want to break it into 2. PLUS, if we do go for #4, who knows where I'll be in that 2nd phase. I really don't want to get pregnant before I lose that first 35 pounds, and who knows, I may not get pregnant again anyway, but that's the thought for now.

PLEASE HELP ME :blush: :)

VeronicaBride July 9th, 2012 06:54 PM

Re: I need help!!

Me Me! I would love to be your buddy. I have gained about 8 lbs back from the 25 lbs or so I had lost. I would like to lose that again but more importantly I just need to get back in my exercise routine and stick with it. I have been really half assing it lately. And I need to drink more water. The pop intake has crept up again :(

~Kris~ July 9th, 2012 07:42 PM

Ugh! Add me to the crappy eating/not exercising group! After my half marathon 2 MONTHS ago I basically quit! I meant to take a little break, but then summer hit and it's hard to find time to run in between doing extra stuff since Nathan is off. Then between eating out for 8 days for our TX trip, then home for a week and then gone another 4 days I've gained 5-6 lbs! YIKES!!!

Okay, I am off to go walk for a bit on the treadmill. I know I am not in a position to run right now, so walking will have to be the start.

redbirds July 10th, 2012 01:55 PM

Oh, Yay!!! A group!

I'm not being good today, but I'm much more conscious of it :rollseyes: I have a dinner with drinks to go to tonight and it's the first I've been to in a LONG time. It's girls' night out and I'm bringing Kerris, but everyone is staying HOME!

No workout today. Water's poor, but I'm drinking more.

~Kris~ July 10th, 2012 04:16 PM

Enjoy your night out, they happen far too little and then get back at it tomorrow, Gwynne!

Drink a glass of water in between other drinks. ;)

We're hoping to go for a family walk (us)/bike ride (boys) after dinner.

VeronicaBride July 10th, 2012 06:59 PM

Today wasn't the best day. I ate good in the daytime but the evening snacks got me. Only about 30 ounces of water today. Ughhh! Tomorrow we are going to a Toronto FC Soccer game so no exercise tomorrow either. And Sunday Mike and I are going to Buffalo without the kids for a couple days to do some shopping and have some quality time with each other. I will probably actually get lots of exercise in then as hubby and I like to run together but the eating out will be terrible.

~Kris~ July 10th, 2012 08:47 PM

Not enough water
Okay on eating
~2 mile bike ride-VERY slowly as Lukas was riding his new bike
1 mile, slow but at an incline on the treadmill (read at the same time)

~Kris~ July 12th, 2012 06:30 AM

Yesterday I was better with water, had about 70-80 oz.
No walking on the treadmill (Teresa and Lukas had hard times falling asleep because of long naps during the 4 hr trip to get my sister, so by the time they were asleep it was 1030)
Okay on food

redbirds July 13th, 2012 09:55 AM

yesterday... blah. Normal.

Today, though, I'm doing all right! Went to work out (60 min elliptical and 15 min rower) and in doing so, I wasn't home snacking all morning! We're going to a friend's this afternoon and will probably eat pizza or something for dinner. She has horses and mini burros, so the kids are excited to go ;)

VeronicaBride July 17th, 2012 03:23 PM

Hows it going ladies?

I am back home from my mini vacay with DH. So I ate horribly while we were there and only got one run in. I am vowing to get back on track with both the food and exercise starting tomorrow. I took one more day off work before I go back to work and I am still sending the kids to daycare tomorrow so I am hoping to get a semi-long run in and lots of other exercise (and good eating!). I will check back in tomorrow!

redbirds July 17th, 2012 08:10 PM

You'll get right back to it, Jen! So glad to see you home :) Hope you had a GREAT time!!!

Me? meh. It's so much harder this round. Yesterday, I worked out for about an hour and 20 minutes. I was BEAT. the hour was zumba/body sculpting class and the 20 min was additional elliptical. I got my water in yesterday. Not today. :(

Kensley asked me yesterday if I was fat. I said yes. But then I told her I was working to get fit and healthy again (I NEVER mention being fat or skinny, I just tell her I'm working out/exercising to be healthy and happy) and she started crying, and told me she didn't want me to change. She thought my voice would change. My face would change (not as in thin out a bit, as in total change). I would be a completely different person! :giggle: We had a long talk about being fit and how I'll be the same, just happier and healthier and faster ;)

Then, today, she asked DH, "dad, is mom fat and you are not?" :o Jeez. And he responded, "that's a trick question" and I jumped in to save him, "yes, hunnie, but mama's working on being healthy like daddy".

She heard somewhere that butter makes you fat. So, today, she asked me if I ate butter. I told her I ate a little and she basically thought I ate a ton of butter as a kid to get where I am now. I told her no. I was very fit until I was older (i.e. 29) and then I just didn't exercise and ate too much. Then we talked about how I played volleyball and basketball and ran track and how that was very healthy and how I can't wait to see her play and run and she asked me to teach her and blah blah blah.

I hate that she is so curious about this, but at the same time, I want her to focus on being healthy, not skinny or fat. I know she will learn that stupid self-image from social media and friends and all, but I want her to be fit, not freaked out about fitting into a 4... which... if she's as tall as me or built like me AT ALL, she will not be a 4.

VeronicaBride July 18th, 2012 05:46 AM

Aww those are some tough questions Gwynne. I think you are handling it very well though and it will rub off on Kensley. Nothing makes me happier than when I ask Avery what she wants for dinner and she says, I don't know mom but something healthy. I really want Avery to be aware of this stuff growing up. I really didn't know much about healthy stuff growing up and I was always skinny so I never really gave it a second thought. I don't want that for her.

Woke up early this morning to help get the kids ready and then went for a run. The weather was perfect when I started. I ran without stopping for the first 4 miles. Then it got hot and I walked alot of the last mile but I got 5 miles in. Super happy with that. Eating toast with peanut butter now and hard boiled egg whites. Then I will have a long bath I think! I am going to try and get some more exercise in today too.

I will try and check in later. Hope you are having a good day Gwynne!

~Kris~ July 18th, 2012 06:08 AM

WOW-awesome morning so far, Jen!

Sorry you had to answer all those tough questions, Gwynne!

Monday I biked for 20 minutes and then walked at an incline for 20 minutes. I know I need to work back up to running! Plus I am using the time to also read since I have had like zero time to do it at home! Still need to work on drinking more water though.

VeronicaBride July 18th, 2012 10:30 AM

I hear you Kris! It is hard to get back into running when you take a break. And I love to read so it is really hard when I get a few spare minutes to decide to exercise instead of grabbing my book.

Had a good lunch (Oatmeal Cottage Cheese pancakes) and did level 2 of the 30 day shred. I have had about 6-8 glasses of water so far. Doing Good! I wish I could do this good every day but once you add the full time job and the kids back in the mix, it gets tough. I am really going to try hard to stick with it though.

AtomicMama July 18th, 2012 11:26 AM

We'll ALL check in and keep you accountable, Gwynne :) I think you have the mindset, getting there just takes longer. Plus, you are torn in even more directions now.

I was so bad on vacation and most of last week. I'm really trying to kick my butt in gear and eat better. I wish I had more motivation to work out, but I just...don't? Or I'm too tired all the time. I do yoga twice a week after work, and I LOVE it. It's the perfect work out for me. My company just built a gym, and I think I might try to add a day or two down there at lunch time. I'd love to do it after work, but I really can't fit it in my schedule with day care (I leave early on Monday and Friday for yoga). That's been my biggest issue lately. I think if I can ever get on a better sleep schedule and get caught up with the apartment stuff, I'll try to do the 30 Day Shred in the evenings a few nights a week too. I'm just so behind and so exhausted that I keep falling asleep at work. NOT GOOD! :lol:

J9+J+C=Complete July 18th, 2012 07:00 PM

OH YAY!!! I need to get back on the bandwagon! I did nothing today. I'm out of town tomorrow to take Jake to grandma's so I can pretty much guarentee I'll do nothing until next week :( I'll check in again when I get back!

redbirds July 19th, 2012 05:44 PM

I don't know how you do it, Amy. I'm always exhausted just reading your schedule. I think it's probably a good idea to go during lunch... and if you are like me, working out time is also time where answers just seem to pop into mind, so it may be good for your relationship thoughts, too :)

If anyone can get back on the bandwagon immediately, J9, it's you! :notworthy: Have a fun trip!!!

I worked out today! and drank more water (still not enough). Food's still meh. I think I'm just SOOOO tired that I have a serious SERIOUS grazing problem.

Tomorrow, we're going to the zoo! It's quite hilly and that will be my exercise. I'll drink lots of H2O and have fun :) I'll probably be wearing Kerris for the most part, too, so woo hoo for the extra resistance ;)

VeronicaBride July 21st, 2012 08:02 AM

I have been doing great with the water lately and the good news is I got a 7 mile run in today. The bad news is I wore new short shorts (I usually wear compression shorts or capris) and around mile 4 my HUGE thighs started rubbing together and burning so badly that I had to walk off and on the last 3 miles. The good part is my legs felt good the whole time and I wasn't tired, I just was in so much pain from all the chafing. No more short shorts on the long runs

redbirds July 21st, 2012 09:24 PM

I'm proud of you, Jen! I don't wear shorts at all... but that's a different story :(

Went to work out this a.m. but only got 45 min on the elliptical in before the daycare closed. I was late getting there, but hey, I did it. I'm just so sore and tired!

Care Bear (miss Kerris May) has the cold I had and so is waking up about every 45 min at night with a stuffed up nose. Nothing works and she just fidgets and screams and I can't sleep. AAAK! So, then, during the day, no one sleeps at the same time, so I get no nap... so I eat. and eat. and eat. because I'm tired. and that makes me think I don't have enough fuel going on, when I just need a good 10 hour (I could go for 12, but that's pushing it) sleep at night! Maybe 2 in a row!!!

I kept telling myself 3 more months... and she'll be in her crib in the nursery. Hopefully, she'll sleep fully through the night like Kellen did, at 9 months, instead of like Kensley, at 2 years! I can't get up 1/night for 2 years like I did with her. I'm beat!

Sorry for the tangent. But it does impact my weight. I just can't shed a pound!

J9+J+C=Complete August 1st, 2012 06:22 PM

Alright. I started back up. Here is the sad start to square one. My fault for taking almost two months off.

Monday-3.2 painful miles. My knees were really hurting when I finished and I actually had to lay on the couch for thirty minutes to make the nausea go away.

Tuesday- Even harder. 2 miles and very sore knees. On no sleep which didn't help. BOth days I was up and running by 5:45 am.

Wednesday- Slept in. Didn't run. Ate tons of fruits from the farmers market trip. Also ate tons of spaghetti and meatballs for dinner :(

Thursday- I'm meeting my running partner again around 5:45. Hoping for a solid three miles without keeling over. I'll keep you all posted :)