JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Would you bring your LO to meet baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2562660-would-you-bring-your-lo-to-meet-baby.html)

krsnow August 17th, 2012 08:57 AM

Would you bring your LO to meet baby

At this age, would you bring your Lo to the hospital to meet a new baby? I am due next week and unsure if I should let him come to the hospital. I think he might be traumatized by seeing me in a strange bed then having to leave with my in laws. He has been acting clingy lately so I think he is going thru something. For those who have already had new babies, did you let your LO's visit at the hospital?

Irish_Wristwatch August 17th, 2012 09:08 AM

Re: Would you bring your LO to meet baby

if it were my childs sibling i would, but not otherwise

shockandawe August 17th, 2012 09:29 AM

I agree with Bree. I don't have another baby - but if I were having one, she would be one of the first ones I'd want to see after it was all done.

I don't think I'd take her to meet anyone else's new baby until they had had their first shots.

noworries August 17th, 2012 09:32 AM

Absolutely. If it hadn't been at night, Eva would have been with me when I had Isaac if she wanted to. If she got scared, my mom would have taken her somewhere but then brought her back once Isaac was born. As it was, I had Isaac shortly before midnight so Eva didn't come see him until the next morning.

i:heart:you August 17th, 2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish_Wristwatch (Post 26415323)
if it were my childs sibling i would, but not otherwise

ditto

Luvgreen19 August 17th, 2012 11:32 AM

I absolutely would. There is no way I could go 2 full days without seeing Brendan. Plus I imagine when I am pregnant, I'll be talking up his new sister or brother to him, and he'd be excited to see them and mommy too.

sfarrow3 August 17th, 2012 11:47 AM

Yep Caden was one of the first people to see London!

Juliebird18 August 18th, 2012 12:56 AM

Absolutely. I don't think kids get as freaked out by things as we might expect. I had my second baby at home and ds was awake for the last hour of my labor. He was in the very next room and was not phased at all. He apparently perked up when he heard the baby cry, though. He was also very excited to meet the baby.

mommydiva August 18th, 2012 08:11 AM

Yes. After I was settled josh brought Rosie up once She got up and had breakfast. I couldn't imagine waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

KMH August 18th, 2012 09:02 AM

Definitely! I plan to have DH bring Claire up to the hospital when the twins are born so she can meet the babies and so I can have some snuggle time with her. She is used to going to the hospital for my appointments, so it won't be a scary place for her.