JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Question about age difference and also IUD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2565257-question-about-age-difference-and-also-iud.html)

anickel August 24th, 2012 08:00 AM

Question about age difference and also IUD

Hi!
So we are finally talking about having a 2nd child, and because of my work, I'd like a spring baby. So that means we either get pregnant NOW / within a few months, or wait until next year. So depending on how it works out, our kids would either be 3 or 4 years apart in age. Who here has had kids 3 or 4 years apart? Which age distance would you recommend?
Also, has anyone gotten pregnant after removing their IUD? Did it take you awhile or did/can it happen right away?

BelloFiglioLA August 24th, 2012 09:43 AM

Re: Question about age difference and also IUD

I don't have answers for either of your questions, but I also have an IUD and will be TTC in the near future. So when you find out, let me know. lol

kimmiejo August 24th, 2012 10:14 AM

I don't have answers either lol, never had an IUD and my kids are just over 2 yrs apart. I didn't really plan it that way, Sam kinda just happened lol but I have loved this age gap. They are close in age but not too close and they at this point play really well with each other. That being said, I only know this age gap so I don't have anything to compare to. I think that whatever happens there are pros and cons to it and it will all just fall into place, good luck!

cfm August 25th, 2012 05:40 AM

Get pregnant now!
Ours are 2 years 9 months apart and I love the gap. They are bffs. I feel that is ds was a year older he'd be less into his little sister. However, most people seem pretty happy with whatever age gap they have.
I think you can technically start ttc as soon as the iud is out, but that's just from what I've heard from others, I don't really know. Good luck!

who_it_is August 29th, 2012 10:37 AM

My older two are just under 4 years apart. When they were younger it was a good gap. Now that they are 14 and 10, it's getting a little sketchy - but they are a girl and a boy, so at this age, the gender has more to do with it than the age gap.

As for the IUD, my periods never really came back to normal after I had mine out, so it took us about 6 months of really trying to get Noelle. I think they told me to wait at least one full natural cycle to start.

LJD3Tdance September 2nd, 2012 09:57 PM

My largest span was 3 years, I thought it was perfect, then...now it has a couple disadvantages, but I really have liked the eldest two being 3 years apart.