JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   "NO! I don't want potty trained!" (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2622116-no-i-dont-want-potty-trained.html)

Mommy to 3 boys February 5th, 2013 05:21 AM

"NO! I don't want potty trained!"

I haven't been on in over a year I think. That's crazy! lol.

Vinny now has a little sister but even before Kara was born he was refusing to potty train. Now Kara is 4 1/2 months and Vinny still isn't willing/ready. Anyone else have little ones not ready or willing to potty train?

kimmiejo February 5th, 2013 06:46 AM

Re: "NO! I don't want potty trained!"

Sam goes pee on the potty but not all the time, he has no desire to poop on the potty or wear underwear. I am not pushing it at this point, my daughter didn't train until just before her 3rd birthday so I am ok just waiting it out for now. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Congrats on the new baby!

HippieLove February 5th, 2013 09:43 PM

Mia has been fairly difficult too.

ChoMomma February 6th, 2013 04:58 AM

Alicia was extremely difficult and not interested at all either. Underwear resulted in full blown tantrums even after she was fully trained she was wearing diapers for at least a month and pull ups gave her a rash. Anyhow, I dont think she was "ready" per say but I was sick of changing 2 diapers. So I was kinda pushing to do it. I had the potty in the family room and watched her like HAWK for 2 days lol. Still nothing came of it, but I knew when she had to poop, she would go hide somewhere. So I would run and get her, but usually it was too late or she wouldn't go on the potty and just wait.

After 2/3 days, I decided to make a potty chart and told her everytime she went pee pee or poo poo she would get a sticker, small one for peeing, big one for popping and I went to walmart and stocked up on hundreds of stickers lol. That seriously worked like a charm she was trained in no time. She was sooooo excited to get a sticker I think she would make up or force pee's sometimes just to get one lol. We did this in Nov and haven't had an accident since not even over night :) Maybe you can try something like that? IDK if it will work cause I am sure every kid as their own time/willingness to be trained so anything you try might not work? I just kept trying different things but if I wasn't changing 2 diapers I probably wouldnt have tried and just let her train on her own.

Underwear were a whole different story, I had to show her that mommy was wearing underwear and big girls wear them, have her pick the ones she wanted to wear at the store etc and that worked too.

~MamaTutu~ February 7th, 2013 10:43 AM

James isn`t ready yet. He sometimes likes sitting on the toilet, then flushing it, but he still seems pretty oblivious when he is peeing. I`m not in a rush to train him though. I`m not looking forward to cleaning pee off the floor and throwing out poopy underwear. But I will get on him this summer if he`s not trained yet, so that he can go to preschool in September.

LJD3Tdance February 24th, 2013 09:26 PM

None of my kids have been trained before 3. Amber is doing great on the training though. But like I said, my other 3 were all 3. So I wouldn't stress over it.

Leanne78 February 27th, 2013 12:13 PM

Akadia wants nothing to do with potty training. We are just starting back at it now that things have calmed down from having baby #2. Last night, I tried a little "naked" time, but that ended up with me cleaning poo off the kitchen floor - the entire kitchen floor, one end to the next. Miralax & Naked time don't mix...