JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   May Chat! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2646615-may-chat.html)

megpie April 28th, 2013 06:19 PM

May Chat!

now...or else I won't remember until mid-May!:p

ThaiSpice April 28th, 2013 06:35 PM

Not ready for May. Just means I'm that much closer to having to go back to work.

The weather was so nice today. We went on a walk this evening.

Aaand I got a summons for jury duty for the month of June. Blah. I'm going to try to defer until at least July because Anna won't be enrolled in daycare until then and I won't have child care. We'll see

karenwalter April 28th, 2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaiSpice (Post 27323122)
Not ready for May. Just means I'm that much closer to having to go back to work.

The weather was so nice today. We went on a walk this evening.

Aaand I got a summons for jury duty for the month of June. Blah. I'm going to try to defer until at least July because Anna won't be enrolled in daycare until then and I won't have child care. We'll see

I know the feeling about counting down until you're back to work. It was so awful watching the calendar and counting down the days. Hugs :(

Also, do you know if in your state you can postpone jury duty while nursing? I know you can here because they can't guarantee breaks to pump and a private space which is required by federal law. So, you can just keep postponing until you are done, then you must serve. It's worth at least calling and asking.

taterm April 28th, 2013 08:18 PM

Re: May Chat!

I am going to have to work my butt off at the gym tomorrow!!!!!!!! I just ate a ton of chocolate cookie dough this weekend! YUM

ThaiSpice April 29th, 2013 05:19 PM

I just noticed that Grace is 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days old...LOL.

I'm definitely going to inquire about the breastfeeding/jury duty thing. I would love to defer until we're done.

gina! April 29th, 2013 05:31 PM

I've been in such a work out slump since vacation. Ugh. I have no motivation or anything.

taterm April 30th, 2013 08:01 AM

I have no motivation either really. But I feel so horrible when I don't go to the gym or at least walk. :(
I keep trying to find a workout partner and that hasn't worked. It's annoying!

karenwalter April 30th, 2013 02:56 PM

I'm feeling unmotivated for my weight loss too. I lost another pound this week, but I feel like I've hit a plateau and can't get past it.

On other news, I have my first vendor fair for origami owl on Saturday. Super excited to earn my kiddos some money for college!

*~* May 1st, 2013 11:01 AM

ugh. i keep seeing the scale move up....but im sooo unmotivated to lose weight. I am in such a slump that i'm just like, "meh...who cares. i'll just be fat forever."

mysticalgal28 May 2nd, 2013 07:35 AM

Karen I didn't know you were selling Oragami Owl!!!!!!! Their stuff is soo cute.... their hostess rewards seem real low though??? Like the party I went to the girl had over 1000 party and she got $60 in free stuff??????? What are your rewards like??? Like if you had a $1000 party how much would u make...... I wish I would of waited for a Chochlate one though

gina! May 2nd, 2013 11:15 AM

Nathan has pink eye and his eyes are so swollen. Poor kid.

DH is gone until Sunday :cheer:
I will miss him but I sure like the alone time.

ThaiSpice May 2nd, 2013 01:25 PM

Oh man...pink eye sucks.

I feel like I haven't done anything today. Well, other than BF.

I need a new show to watch on Netflix...

taterm May 2nd, 2013 06:03 PM

Bella has been in such a funk lately. For the last week and halfish all she does is lay around. I'm not sure what is going on with her...I guess I need to take her to the doctor. :(

karenwalter May 3rd, 2013 08:14 AM

So yesterday was our anniversary and guess what we did....took the kids to chick fil a for dinner lol. Oh, the life of a mom.

Hoping we get to go out somewhere for us this weekend.

MIL2lissy8 May 3rd, 2013 09:40 AM

karen -- first, happy anniversary, even at chick-fil-a. i like origami owl although i don't own any. i have seen it at a few craft shows.

way back when, you referred to a hotel in laguna (i think) that was really nice and had massages and jacuzzi's (i think). my DH's 60th is this month and i am interested in doing something special for him so he can relax. can you shoot me the name of this place?

ThaiSpice May 6th, 2013 11:30 AM

Happy anniversary Karen!

Aynber May 6th, 2013 04:25 PM

Happy anniversary, Karen!

We went to see Iron Man 3 yesterday. The MIL was supposed to watch Kelen for us, but she came down with a really bad migraine, so we just took him with us. Big mistake. After the 8th potty break (no more drinks for him at the movies), hubby just took him to the lobby for the last hour. :(

ThaiSpice May 6th, 2013 05:04 PM

^ That stinks! We went yesterday, too, but luckily we were able to leave Grace with the in laws. We did take the baby, but she did great...only woke up once to eat and then back to sleep.

karenwalter May 6th, 2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticalgal28 (Post 27334011)
Karen I didn't know you were selling Oragami Owl!!!!!!! Their stuff is soo cute.... their hostess rewards seem real low though??? Like the party I went to the girl had over 1000 party and she got $60 in free stuff??????? What are your rewards like??? Like if you had a $1000 party how much would u make...... I wish I would of waited for a Chochlate one though

They have a new hostess reward program that changes each month. You used to just get a minimum of 10% in rewards. You now get a bunch of credit and 50% off items and a hostess exclusive, plus free shipping. Everyone who had a party before is going to be mad they didn't wait for the new program. The rewards are now more than double! I will log on when I'm not on my phone and let you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIL2lissy8 (Post 27337047)
karen -- first, happy anniversary, even at chick-fil-a. i like origami owl although i don't own any. i have seen it at a few craft shows.

way back when, you referred to a hotel in laguna (i think) that was really nice and had massages and jacuzzi's (i think). my DH's 60th is this month and i am interested in doing something special for him so he can relax. can you shoot me the name of this place?

It's called Casa Laguna in Laguna Beach. A little far away from town if you're wanting to go out, but we were more interested in staying in. Great place! Hope you go.

gina! May 7th, 2013 06:52 AM

I'm super irritated with the kids baseball coach. Nathan & Brady are on the same team. It's the 7-8 year old league. The coach really doesn't seem to know what he is doing. And I know he's coached before. The coaches kid is on the team. And I have never seen a more bratty kid in my life. He refuses to play certain positions even though all the other kids have to rotate. He yells at his dad (the coaches pitch to the kids some of the time) for throwing bad pitches. He throws the equipment. He cries. He actually ran off during the game on Saturday. The coach isn't much better. He got so mad Saturday he threw his glove. Last night DH said he was letting his kid not play the positions he didn't want to?!?!?!?

We paid $300 for the league itself plus shoes, batting gloves, team fees. For what? To watch this kid throw a tantrum for 2 hours at each game?!?!?!?

I want to email the league commissioner but first I want DH to ask the coach if he could help. But DH is being difficult. :mad: