JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Birthday theme... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2657573-birthday-theme.html)

redbirds June 10th, 2013 11:28 AM

Birthday theme...

We aren't going to throw a big 3rd party, but grandparents and close friends will come :) I haven't mentioned his birthday because it's still some time away, but yesterday, he said he wanted a Lightening McQueen cake... so... looks like we have a Cars theme! That'll be cute.

Anyone else going to have a theme for the 3rd birthday!

and :o holy heck. They're going to be 3!!!

white.house June 10th, 2013 01:23 PM

Re: Birthday theme...

We may do dinosaurs, but I'm not sure. I really haven't given it much thought yet! I was so prepared and accepting of age 2, but I'm in total denial about 3!!!

mt23hc June 10th, 2013 02:12 PM

Eeeeel, 15 days, I have no idea! :/

amonstersmomma June 10th, 2013 03:12 PM

We have 3 picks so far: "Pirate boy" (Jake and the Neverland Pirates), Toy Story or Trains.

I think the "pirate boy" would be cute but I'll wait until Aug to see what his favorite is.

The only part of the party that will be themed is his t-shirt, balloons and cups (we like to hang on to the plastic cups :p).

mrsdaiwa24 June 10th, 2013 05:57 PM

I was hoping for a "puppy" party and then there was some talk about a "train" theme. And now she's pretty firm that she wants ANOTHER "wheels on the bus" party. Oh well, it's her party so if that's what she wants, she can have it.

Memi June 10th, 2013 07:03 PM

Im finally doing Mickey while hes still obsessed :)

AtomicMama June 11th, 2013 09:05 AM

I'm not even sure if we will have a party. It's still pretty up in the air right now. If we do, I think I want to have it at the children's farmstead (because he will finally be old enough to ride the ponies!) and either have a cowboy theme or a Toy Story Woody/Jesse theme. That said, Max has been asking for a Hello Kitty party. I have a feeling we will NOT be doing that.

To be honest, I'd like to stick to kid parties only for "big" years (1 year, 5, 10, 13, 16, something like that). And just do a smaller family party on other years. However, Sam has had a big party every year so far (Max only had one for his first birthday), and since she is turning 5, will have one this year. Plus, her mom and dad kind of do this stupid competition thing over who throws her a better party each year. I just hate thinking about some day having 4 kids and having to throw 4 parties a year. And then on top of it this year is the first year Max is really understanding the idea of birthdays/parties and he LOVES them (he sings the Happy Birthday song all the time :lol: ). I know that if Sam has a birthday party and he doesn't, he will notice and be really bummed out.

Sorry for the novel! I'm just still working out what to do.

redbirds June 11th, 2013 04:28 PM

Oh, Amy! That competition can kill the spirit of birthdays... Ouch!

I'm with you, though, no "big" birthdays until at least 5. Kensley had a Jumpers (gymnastics place) birthday on her 5th and got to invite pre-school friends...

Our theme will also be minimal: plates, cups and the cake. Maybe a balloon! :) Whatever I can find at the dollar store :giggle: (um, not the cake, of course!)

MelanieLou June 14th, 2013 07:39 AM

Have a look on Pinterest, so many party theme ideas and inspiration.
Kids Party Ideas - ice cream, sesame street, dr seuss, cheer party, UP, hungry caterpillar, lots of ideas here! Birthday Party 4 U - Birthday Party Ideas, Kids Birthday Party Ideas, Party Planning some ideas here too.

-Trish- June 16th, 2013 08:24 AM

I think we might be doing Sophia the First. Elaina loves the cartoon and so do I, its a win win ;)

Pupcake74 June 16th, 2013 10:37 AM

E wants to go to Chuck E Cheese so thats where we will go. We are not big cake people so we usually get an ice cream cake but I will get a decoration of their choice. So if he wanted Hello Kittie he could get it. ;) I so much prefer to make it a big family day where they get to pick everything we do. Birthday parties can be a big PITA and get expensive if you let them. Every year hubby says we should do a big party and what not and I tell him its all you. You can plan, prep, purchase and I will show up. He has yet to do it so we stick to the family day.