JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Passing on your middle name (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2662201-passing-your-middle-name.html)

megpie June 28th, 2013 05:13 PM

Passing on your middle name

Did you give YOUR middle name to any of your kiddos? What about DH's middle name?

ThaiSpice June 28th, 2013 05:32 PM

Well...in a way, I guess. My middle name is Ann. But that's not really why we chose Anna. If we had a son, we planned on using DH's middle name for the baby's middle name.

Nicole1110 June 28th, 2013 07:27 PM

Nope. I like my middle name (Danielle) but not enough to have my daughter share it. Neither DH or I are fond of his middle name so we wouldn't use it for a child.

RobinJS June 28th, 2013 10:42 PM

Re: Passing on your middle name

No. I like my middle name, Jennifer, but it's meaningless. It was picked because my parents thought it sounded nice with my name. My kids both have Icelandic names in honour of my late Amma (grandma in Icelandic).

Maxs Mumma June 29th, 2013 01:32 AM

My partner and my Dad have the same middle name so it was passed onto Max. He actually had a confirmed middle name a week before his first name was agreed on. He also has my last name as a second middle name.

Aynber June 29th, 2013 05:17 AM

No. Hubby refused to use any part of his name, and mine would sound silly for a boy, since we're not french. :D

lhug_nar June 29th, 2013 10:11 PM

Mackenzie has my middle name of Elise but it's a family name as my Great-Grandma and Grandma were Elise. My mother's, my cousin's and my middle names are Elise...

We would not use DH's middle name for a middle name for the kids.

gina! July 6th, 2013 06:29 PM

I have no girl to pass mine to.
Chase's middle name is DH's first name (Joseph)
Nathan's middle name is Christopher/Brady's is Patrick (DH's brothers first names)

*~* July 9th, 2013 08:21 AM

Trey is named after Tim completely, first middle and last. But if we could have made trey a "III" without also passing on the middle name...totally would have. I HATE their middle name.

megpie July 9th, 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan (Post 27507226)
Trey is named after Tim completely, first middle and last. But if we could have made trey a "III" without also passing on the middle name...totally would have. I HATE their middle name.

Were you pressured from his family to have a III?

DH doesn't have a middle name and I don't care for my middle name, so I would neverrrrr pass it on.

peace.love.audrey July 9th, 2013 09:52 PM

If I would have followed tradition, Audrey would have had my middle name (Rae). My great grandfather was Ray and since then, the first born girl of the family has that middle name. My grams is Jeraldine Rae, my aunt Karen Rae an then there's me. I like my middle name but it didn't really flow with the names I liked for Audrey and I asked my grams if she would be ok with me not using it. She basically said that the tradition had played itself out and she didn't really care. My DHs middle is Anthony and it was passed on to little J.

*~* July 10th, 2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megpie (Post 27508225)
Were you pressured from his family to have a III?

DH doesn't have a middle name and I don't care for my middle name, so I would neverrrrr pass it on.

from DH. He REALLLLY :rolleyes: wanted him to be a III, so he is. I dont even really like the first name either. :) nothing about the name is something i would have picked out if it wasnt already DHs name. if we hadnt agreed to call him "Trey" i dont think i would have given in.

neither of my brothers have middle names.

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy July 21st, 2013 07:33 PM

DH is a II and we didn't carry that on but Kaeden does have his middle name (Houston) and the first part of his first name is from my middle name (Kay). All of our kids are named after someone (not intentional when we first chose Morgan and Madison's names).