JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2010 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/)
-   -   Preschool plans (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1832-2010-playroom/2667725-preschool-plans.html)

krsnow July 24th, 2013 03:08 PM

Preschool plans

Are you sending your LO to preschool? If so, what type of preschool? How many days\hours will they be there?

I enrolled my LO in our park district preschool. I really like the program and the teachers. It will be 2 days a week, for 2 hrs a day. It is a 2.5 & 3 year old class, and they allow pull ups, but won't help them go to the bathroom. If I can get him successfully potty trained, then I can move him to the 3\4 year old class which I think would be better. This will be the 1st time I leave him in a strange place with strangers, so I am a little nervous about how he will adjust. he is used to me leaving him with grandparents and an aunt but that's about it.

amonstersmomma July 24th, 2013 10:11 PM

Caleb won't be in preschool school, but we may enroll him in something else. After the baby is here and we have a decent routine going...maybe Jan/Feb. The local fitness center where he takes swim classes offers a lot of classes for toddlers (music, art, sports etc). Like your LO he isnt ever left with anyone besides close family, but being in the swim classes has made him a lot more comfortable with it.

TreeTog July 25th, 2013 12:16 PM

Re: Preschool plans

My LO will be homeschooled for pre-school.

Leslie

Memi July 25th, 2013 03:27 PM

Gabriel's current daycare has a preschool program he will move up to. I think hell be there for two years, one in the private pre K and one in the GA public pre K, since his late birthday holds him back a year before starting kindergarten.

mrsdaiwa24 July 27th, 2013 11:48 AM

Betsy's daycare is preschool-based, so she is already in a structured, preschool-like environment. When she moves up to the 3 yr old classroom, it will really kick into high gear. She'll got three full days a week once I go back to school in the fall.

I was so incredibly nervous to send Betsy to daycare -- prior to that, she had only ever been watched by family. It was tough the first couple of weeks and there were lots of tears on BOTH of our parts, BUT.....it has been so worth it so see her thrive and grow. Some kids don't need preschool but Betsy certainly does (she's an only child who rarely sees her cousins, so this helps her with socializing as well).

redbirds July 30th, 2013 06:53 PM

He's in preschool starting this fall. He's going one day a week for now, and if he loves it and thrives (I suspect he will) he'll start 2 days a week in the spring. It's an all day program, and they take naps in the afternoon. He'll go to this preschool for 3 years and then start Kindergarten! :)

white.house August 4th, 2013 09:33 PM

No preschool here

emmiejack0810 August 7th, 2013 03:13 PM

Emmie & Jackson's daycare is also pre-school/Pre-K based... Jackson will start their preschool program at the end of this month and Emmie will start their Pre-K program.

AtomicMama August 12th, 2013 08:29 AM

Max is in preschool, but like Betsy, it's because his day care is preschool based.

FamilyShorty January 28th, 2014 06:48 PM

Samantha is in preschool two mornings a week this year, then will be three mornings next year and four the following year before starting Kindergarten.