JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1574-2011-birth-stories/)
-   -   Taylor's Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1574-2011-birth-stories/2217129-taylors-birth-story.html)

azrunningmom January 13th, 2011 12:41 PM

Taylor's Birth Story

On Monday 1/3, I went into the hospital at 4pm for a routine outpatient procedure. I was having the gel inserted to help ripen my cervix. At 545pm her HR dropped to 99 so they wanted to monitor for another 30 min. An hour later they decide they want to admit us and induce us!!

I was kinda freaking out because I was not mentally ready for any of this!! Robert didn't believe me at first since I wasn't due until 1/6. He came around 8pm with my bag and everything I told him to collect and bring. They started the pitocin at 11pm. The nurses said nothing was going to happen until probably morning, so I sent Robert home to sleep.

At about 1am they moved me to our delivery room and shortly after that I heard a pop and my water broke. By 120am I was having full on contractions between 4-5 min apart. I finally got the epidural around 4am. What a huge relief!

Because her HR kept dipping they had to keep shutting off the pitocin until it came back. Robert came back at 8am. At 8:50am they checked and I was 4cm so I was finally making progress! WE figured out that if I laid on my right side, she was lying on her umbilical cord and that was causing her HR to drop so I was stuck lying only on my left side. Around 2pm my upper back was super sore from only being able to lay on my left side so they got me a perkaset and a heating pad. Around 3:30 the epi started to wear off so they gave me a super duper one that numbed my entire body from my chest to my feet within seconds. Robert said I was very loopy and looked high as a kite!!

That one eventually wore off slightly and they gave me another that lasted a little while. Once that one wore off I was begging for a c-section but they wouldn't do one yet because I was still slowly dilating and contractions were about 2-3 min apart but they needed to be stronger. I was at about 5.5 cm dilated and had been for a few hours. They agreed that if we had to stop the pitocin one more time we would do a csection.

Well then the last epi started to wear off so they decided they needed to replace the one in my back. At this point I'm balling my eyes out and begging for a csection! They said regardless it would have to be replaced. So they did it and shortly afterward my Dr agreed to the C-section since I wasn't dilating any more and contractions weren't getting any stronger. So at 6:30 they agreed and said we were gonna shoot for 8:30p. We were thrilled and called our family and made the official announcement on FB. Up until now we hadn't told anyone but our family that we were at the hospital. Everyone was so excited for us. So at 9pm we went into the surgery room, I got prepped and then Robert came in. Then at 9:26pm Taylor entered the world!!

Robert greeted her immediately and stayed by her side the entire time. It felt like forever but finally he brought her over for me to meet her and he was beautiful! She was wide awake and checking us out. We then went go recovery where I finally got to hold her and it was awesome!

camevil January 13th, 2011 03:08 PM

Re: Taylor Sariah's Birth Story

Wow, mama, you had to work hard for Taylor. I am in awe of you!

MommyMelissa January 13th, 2011 08:06 PM

beautiful story!! congrats

Shawnamb January 16th, 2011 12:39 PM

Congratulations!

Erikajo January 18th, 2011 04:19 PM

Congratulations!

kdmommie December 9th, 2011 06:24 PM

Re: Taylor's Birth Story

Kind of neat knowing that you were arriving at the hospital when I was about to deliver Logan. I hate that you went through all that to end up with a csection. Your Taylor is such a cutie though.