JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Birth Stories (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1574-2011-birth-stories/)
-   -   Dillon's Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1574-2011-birth-stories/2445512-dillons-birth-story.html)

carisma November 8th, 2011 09:54 AM

Dillon's Birth Story
Finally got around to writing this...

Dillon Jayden was born on Oct 20, 2011 at 6:57am 8lbs 5oz and 19inches

This is the first pregnancy that I had Braxton hicks and contractions other than in labor. I started having real contractions around 37 weeks. When my OB did an internal at 38 weeks 5 days, I was 2-3 cm and very soft. Every night I would get contractions, timed them, but they would vary from 10 minutes to 1 hour. On the 18th, I had contractions for an hour and half every 5-7 mins, but then they just stopped. I actually though we would be going to the hospital that night. It was getting quite annoying to have all these contractions and nothing happening. Wednesday night, the 19th, I had some stronger contractions, but like usual, they stopped after awhile.
Early the next morning (Thursday, the 20th), around 4:20ish, I felt something and heard a little sound which I thought was my water breaking. I woke DH to get me a towel, then I got up and held it between my legs, walked into the bathroom. Fluid leaked out, I smelled it, but I thought it was pee. It wasn’t a gush like I had in my first pregnancy. Went back to bed. Then I started to get contractions again. I was going to use my phone app to time them, but they were so strong I couldn’t even hold my phone. After a few more, I told DH to call my parents over. In the mean time, my contractions were hard and fast. And the back pain was so bad. I could not bare to be on my back. I was on all fours, laying my top half on the big ball. And each time I had a contraction, I needed DH to press on my lower back. It helped a little. DH reminded me that I told him not to let me get an epidural. I told him I changed my mind, I need it.
My parents got to our house by 6:00am. I could barely walk to the garage. I had to keep stopping for contractions. I went in the back because there was no way I could sit in the front seat. I was on my knees facing the back and leaning on seat. It seems like it took forever to get to the hospital, but it’s only about a 10 minutes drive. DH went in to get a wheel chair. He took a few minutes (later said, there was a person in front of him at the ER desk), I was screaming in the car. He wheeled me in, the lady registered me quickly, said she’d get me up to L & D in less than a minute and she really did. She pushed me very quickly. Got up there, they took me to the Triage room to check me. I was barely getting a break between contractions, the nurse needed me to get my shorts so she could check since it seemed like I was far along. She checked and was thinking I was maybe 6cm, but wasn’t sure if I was that dilated or something about being way back (too much pain to realized what she said). So she had another nurse come in. This one said I was already 8cm. The rushed me to my room. On the way there, I said to the nurse, “I guess no epidural?“….lol. There were about 5 nurses in my room getting everything ready. Another check me again, I was 10cm. She asked if my water had broke because she couldn’t feel it. So I guess it was my water and not pee earlier. They told me to resist the urge to push. But I couldn’t help it. And every time I had a contraction, I know I was pooping. My OB was on the way, but then they told me their was another one here and she would deliver me since I was ready. In three pushes he was out at 6:57am. It was so much easier to push time because I was able to feel the pushes compared to when I had an epidural. First time I felt the placenta coming out also. I had a small tear, got a couple stitches.
After delivery, the nurse had me sign all the paperwork consenting them to deliver me…lol..after the fact. I am so glad I got the chance to experience a med-free birth, I really wanted that, but I know if I had time to get an epi, I probably would have. And I cannot believe how fast my labor and delivery was. I asked the nurse what time I was check in. It was 6:24am. So I delivered within 30 minutes of getting to the hospital. My other labors were 12hrs and 10 hrs.

Dillon Jayden was born on Oct 20, 2011 at 6:57am 8lbs 5oz and 19inches




justjaQ January 8th, 2012 07:51 PM

Re: Dillon's Birth Story
aw, he is adorable! congratulations!

Kcalcote April 22nd, 2012 01:21 PM

Re: Dillon's Birth Story

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2012 JustMommies.com, All Rights Reserved.