JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Names? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2110063-names.html)

SimplyMrs.L September 21st, 2010 08:15 AM

Names?

I know it's super early, but is anyone already thinking about names? I've had a list of names for years. It has been constantly evolving and changing, but I really narrowed it down when we started TTC. My dh and I have never really talked about names so I brought it up at lunch today. He vetoed most of them but we agreed on a few. It will be interesting to see how our list evolves over the next few months.

BrittanyWantsBaby September 21st, 2010 08:19 AM

Re: Names?

My DH and I decided 4 years ago we would name our girl Bella Naomi, but this WAS BEFORE Twilight came out and bumped that name to the most popular list :o I hated having 20 Brittany's, Britney's and Brittney's in my class so I don't know if I want to do that to our baby...LOL.

pumpkinseed September 21st, 2010 08:20 AM

I've had a running list since my very first pregnancy (which ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks). I had originally wanted to name my DD Kayla, but she ended up being Kara...which suits her. Now I have a niece named Mikayla, so Kayla is out, and I think Kara and Kayla would have been a mouthful anyway. I have a few girls' names that were options for Kara and DS (before I knew he was a boy)..but haven't discussed those with SO yet. I used my favorite boy name, Brady (which was meant to be sort of a variation of my brother's name, Brandon) on my DS, so I'm stuck when it comes to boys names....

Babybear4 September 21st, 2010 08:23 AM

We're set on our boys name -Vincent Robert. It is DH's grandpa's name reversed. We are completely stuck on girls names. Everything I like, he hates and vice versa. We have a long ways to go to decide, though, so I am not too worried about it.

pumpkinseed September 21st, 2010 08:25 AM

I know what you mean Brittany! I'm Christina and I seem to know sooo many Christines, Crystals, Kristys, Kristina (which seems to be a more popular spelling in my area...people ALWAYS ask me "with a K?" when I tell them my name lol. I also get called Chris, Christy, or Tina quite often....and I always go by my full name so it's kinda annoying. The only person on earth that calls me Christi (he uses an I at the end) is my Dad!

SimplyMrs.L September 21st, 2010 08:49 AM

I just found this list of the top 100 names: Most Popular Baby Names 2009 - BabyNames.com

I'm excited because there are several names that I like that are not on the list or they are pretty far down. The two names we agreed on are not on either list at all. :smile:

Sneetch September 21st, 2010 09:37 AM

If we had to choose today, we would probably have a Henry or an Annie. Both old-fashioned family names, which we like. I also LOVE the name Caroline, but I don't know if I can talk DH into that one. I don't know why he's adverse to it. But our DS is Charlie, and DH didn't want that at first either. I dropped it after he didn't like it, but then about 2 hours before Charlie was born, DH brought it up again.

I also love Afton for a girl. Abe for a boy. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that. :)

bugsandbows72 September 21st, 2010 09:42 AM

I like Makenna and Gabriella for a girl. I have 7 boys so boy names are harder for me. I have 2 girls as well.

PregnantAtLast September 21st, 2010 09:52 AM

it took us ages to decide on a girls name and then we could never agree, good job we had a boy as it was decided even before we got pregnant

Bermuda Girl September 21st, 2010 02:18 PM

We are family namers. Jack, our son, is after my maternal Grandfather.

If it is a girl , she will be Olive Anne - after DH's grandmother.
If we are having a boy, it MIGHT be Will John - after my father, but it is a big MIGHT!

wag2010 September 21st, 2010 08:12 PM

Right now we have it narrowed down to Zachary Alan for a boy and Hailey Marie for a girl. I'm sure it will change a hundred times, but that's what it is now..

Wehadamoment September 22nd, 2010 04:03 PM

Parker for a boy, Kennedy for a girl :)

SimplyMrs.L September 23rd, 2010 08:07 AM

I love Parker and Kennedy, Sarah! What do you guys think about Cannon for a boy? It's one of the ones dh and I agreed on: Cannon Reed. But I put it on a voting list on thebump and everyone voted no for it! :( I won't let that deter me when I make the final decision but I'd love some input.

Lynn87 September 24th, 2010 11:17 AM

I really like Olivia Rae or Harlow Rae for a girl and Oliver Ray and Soren Ray for a boy.