JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Coffee? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2113187-coffee.html)

pumpkinseed September 24th, 2010 07:39 AM

Coffee?

Are here any coffee drinkers here? How are you going to handle this during pregnancy? Drinking a small amount of regular or switching to decaf completely?

With my first pregnancy, as soon as I found out I was pregnant, I quit regular coffee and all caffeinated pop immediately. This led to some super-intese headaches. I stayed on decaf for years after...through both of my other two pregnancies (that first one ended in miscarriage) and started up with the regular coffee a couple years ago. I think this time around, I'm just going to wean myself off of it until I'm completely on decaf. I'm already getting headaches from the hormones, I don't want to make it that much worse. I've cut the amount of coffee I drink down to 1 regular-sized mug a day (as opposed to 1-2 double-sized mugs a day). Just wondering what the rest of you coffee drinkers are doing.

SimplyMrs.L September 24th, 2010 07:57 AM

Re: Coffee?

I'm a coffee addict! Before I found out I was pregnant, I drank at least 3 cups a day. I quit cold turkey right after I got my BFP. I read alot about it and it sounds like 1-2 cups a day is okay so I think you are doing just fine. I'm just a worry wart so I decided to find an alternative to my coffee fix.
I don't have any regular decaf coffee here (have some on order) so I've been drinking General Food International French Vanilla Cafe (decaf). I haven't gotten any headaches so far so I think I'll be okay with the switch. I think I just need something warm to drink when I get up as more of a comfort thing than a caffeine thing. We'll see if it'll continue to hit the spot.

Wehadamoment September 24th, 2010 09:53 AM

I'm not a coffee drinker normally, but I do love Pumpkin spice latte's from Starbucks. I also love Diet Pepsi! I'm not going to be drinking either until after the 14 weeks or so. :)

Bermuda Girl September 24th, 2010 10:21 AM

I am a coffee drinker, and am just limiting myself to 1 cup a day. It is already hard, but worth it in the end.

Mommy2AandM September 25th, 2010 04:46 PM

I've always drunk 12 oz. of coffee with milk each morning. (This began after DD was born.) I'm switching to 12 oz. of 1/2 caf. and no other caffeine at all from pop or tea or anything else the rest of the day.

Motsy2006 September 25th, 2010 05:04 PM

Coffee isn't my addiciton. Mine is tea. Sweet tea. And yes, I'm from the South. :) I've limited myself to only having it with one meal a day, but I'm thinking about cutting it out altogether because it's not going to help with my weight gain!

BlueEyes09 September 25th, 2010 09:08 PM

No way will you take my coffee unless it's doctors orders. If I don't drink it with in an hour or 2 of getting up I'll have a massive head ache by the afternoon until the next morning. I only drink about 12 oz a day as it is, so I really don't think I have much to worry about.

OnceMore September 25th, 2010 11:06 PM

I just quit cold-turkey...I'm sure the Starbucks by my house is wondering why I have been MIA.

Purrrrrrr September 26th, 2010 05:33 AM

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I LOVE Coca Cola. I'm gonna wait to see if I can handle quitting the caffeine (and if everyone else can handle me!) before I break down and start drinking it again, but I'm gonna try to limit myself to a can a day.

tiggers_best_buddy September 26th, 2010 08:46 PM

just lurking here but wanted to say what my doctor said about soda and coffee to me while pregnant, I was told that 24ozs a day was fine but try not to go over it, if you did it was not a huge deal, he told me the man reason they worry is cause it actually dehydrates you so as long as you drink a gallon of water a day at the minimum you should be fine to drink your caffeine

pumpkinseed September 27th, 2010 06:32 AM

Thanks Amanda!

tiggers_best_buddy September 27th, 2010 02:51 PM

your welcome Christina

Babybear4 September 27th, 2010 06:39 PM

I don't drink coffee, but I loooooove me some sweet tea (and I'm not from the south!) Our McDonalds has it, so I don't even know if it's the real stuff like they have in the south but it's AMAZING. I only have it 1 or 2 times a week at most, so I am not too worried about it.

pumpkinseed September 28th, 2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybear4 (Post 21655409)
I don't drink coffee, but I loooooove me some sweet tea (and I'm not from the south!) Our McDonalds has it, so I don't even know if it's the real stuff like they have in the south but it's AMAZING. I only have it 1 or 2 times a week at most, so I am not too worried about it.

I'm the same way! I loooove McD's sweet tea! I don't get it much but I think reading this has made me want to make a trip through the drive-thru today!

~mommy~ September 28th, 2010 08:08 AM

I would typically get an iced capp. from Tim Horton's 3X a week. I got one Wednesday and barely finished 1/2 I felt SICK!!!! So looks like the LO is looking out for his/her self. :smile:
Now just thinking about it has me nauseous.