JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Just Curious - Is your OB.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2114223-just-curious-your-ob.html)

no.absolutes September 25th, 2010 12:11 PM

Just Curious - Is your OB....

Is your OB a man or a woman?

My OB is a man and I loooove him! I don't know if I could deal with a woman OB. I remember hating the women nurses in the hospital with their "been there done that" attitudes. In my opinion, a man (even if he is a father that has sorta went through it) treats it completely differently. I've also never felt uncomfortable with my OB as far as showing him the "goods". Plus DH and DS are always allowed in with me and we're all on first name basises. I love it :D

Wehadamoment September 25th, 2010 12:19 PM

Re: Just Curious - Is your OB....

My OB is a woman- I love her so much! I would be open to a male OB, but it just happened I found her first :P

Sneetch September 25th, 2010 12:21 PM

My doctor is a man (he looks just like Phil Donahue, the old talk show host from the 80s), and he's awesome. He is the most caring doctor I have ever seen, and the nurse I see the most is great, too. I have seen a female doctor at his office, too, and I really liked her. I'm indifferent when it comes to the man/woman question, and "showing the goods" doesn't bother me a bit anymore after so many infertility exams (such joy). So for me, it really just comes down to finding a doctor who cares about my situation and who I know will take as much time with me as I need and answer any questions I have.

no.absolutes September 25th, 2010 12:28 PM

I will say - when we were calling around looking for an OB 5 years ago with Grayson, no one would see me because I was almost 5 MONTHS *not weeks, sorry* along and had no prior care. Well, this practice is the only one that didn't care I hadn't seen anyone and didn't care that I didn't have insurance right when we started. Everything got taken care of when other practices turned me down, or wanted $500 cash up front. I really feel like everyone from the practice, nurses to office assistants, are amazing, and like part of my extended family!

Lynn87 September 25th, 2010 12:30 PM

Don't know yet! I have to go Monday to apply for the state insurance program. I am going to try to get a women doctor.

Babybear4 September 25th, 2010 12:54 PM

Both of my OB's are men. In the practice I go to, you see each OB and the nurse practioner pretty equally, as they want you to get to know everybody. Whichever of the Dr.'s are on call delivers you.

Mommy2AandM September 25th, 2010 04:39 PM

I like my guy. He's down-to-earth and really funny -- but still very professional.

mami2three September 25th, 2010 09:13 PM

My OB is a man, he was my doctor for my last baby and he is AWESOME! Always lets me ask all my questions, doesn't make me feel rushed, etc etc. But this time when I went in I found he had added a woman doctor and I liked her just as much! :)

mama von 4 October 4th, 2010 10:06 PM

My OB is a man

ProjectMama October 5th, 2010 03:45 AM

I haven't picked an OB yet (I have to stay with my RE until I'm 7 weeks or so) but I 100% prefer my male RE to the woman RE I went to.

ThatsMumma2U October 5th, 2010 04:11 AM

The practice I go to is nothing but women. And I love it! They are absolutely fantastic, have been there for every concern and freak out with my first, and are all on board with #2. They even work hand in hand with my Family Doctor who is also a woman. So it's nice that all the care is the same.

JenMW1 October 5th, 2010 05:43 AM

I see a woman! And she is AWESOME!! I had a man last time whom I liked straight up until my last 2 months, but I would not be against another male ob.

Mommy Mouse October 5th, 2010 07:27 AM

MY OB is a woman and she is amazing. She was so encouraging during my labor with DS and she's so nice and understanding at my appts. I hope that I deliver this baby when she is on-call at the hospital, she was so great.

momto11kids October 5th, 2010 07:30 AM

I don't see an OB I see a midwife.