JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   names you love but hubby/bf dislikes? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2227811-names-you-love-but-hubby-bf-dislikes.html)

Jessido January 24th, 2011 06:36 AM

names you love but hubby/bf dislikes?

Love = compromise.

Do you have any baby names that are out of the running because your partner strongly dislikes them?

For us it was Harper (SAD!), Bennet, Finn, & Regan

Do you have any names that you had to toss out of the running because YOU didnt like but your partner did?

I had to get rid of fiances fav: Clara, because it sounds too weird with his/our last name.

Krista4782 January 24th, 2011 07:13 AM

Re: names you love but hubby/bf dislikes?

I love the name Scarlett for a girl. My DH hates it and I'm sad!!!
We really havent talked much about it.

Kelsie January 24th, 2011 07:14 AM

He's not to fond of Milo or Poppy, the only two names I like.

mishymama January 24th, 2011 07:18 AM

I love Caleb, Jude/Judah, and Alaric, but DH hates them.

mommy2tns January 24th, 2011 07:23 AM

Dimitri and Dominic - I love them and he refuses.

We mostly agree on girl names - I LOVE Olivia right now but I'm afraid he's going to not want to go with it b/c of Olivia on SVU LMAO.

angel_www23 January 24th, 2011 09:22 AM

In away Im lucky about this, as right now I am single and babys father is well ignoring me, so yeah ...

So I just bounce names off myself and if Im having trouble like I did with the girls name I asked my SIL/Brother and one of my friends .. All three made it easy for me because they liked the same name, LoLLL

brookeinpa January 24th, 2011 02:52 PM

My son is Bennett - so that's one name we could agree on!

I love the name Claire, but that has been vetoed. I wonder if we will ever agree on a girl's name?!?

pidge26 January 24th, 2011 02:54 PM

DH doesn't like Eli (and all derivatives: Elijah, Elias, Elliot) or Leo, two of my fave. boy names.

We don't have as many issues with girl names.

Summerthyme January 24th, 2011 03:11 PM

DH vetoed all my girl names except Camden (which is the only one we can agree on). He vetoed Harper, Avery, Kate, and Brielle :(

For boys names he vetoed Finn and Dylan. He only liked Knox and Lane. We are going with Lane.

oregongirl January 24th, 2011 05:36 PM

I LOVE the name Logan for a boy, but DH had a neighbor growing up w/ that name, that he did not get along with.

Mana January 24th, 2011 05:42 PM

There aren't any names I love, but I do like the name Serena and hubby doesn't... because of Sailor Moon :lol: I like Nadia too but he doesn't like how it sounds.

Ever since we first talked about having a baby, he jokingly suggested the name Johann for a boy. Except he kept bringing it up until I finally had to ask him if he was still joking or if he really wanted to call the baby Johann, and he said he kind of does (after Bach). But there is no way I would be able to use that as a first name.

kelbelle22 January 24th, 2011 05:48 PM

Paige...I have wanted that name since Sarah was baking in me...I told DH if we had twin girls this time (which looks impossible since there is only one in there that we can see) that I would get to name one Paige..lol

jbrezy January 24th, 2011 06:17 PM

I love Sasha for a girl but dh HATES it... good thing we are having a boy this time around!

Jessido January 24th, 2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookeinpa (Post 22848438)
My son is Bennett - so that's one name we could agree on!

I love the name Claire, but that has been vetoed. I wonder if we will ever agree on a girl's name?!?

I LOVE the name Bennett and even though its traditionally a boys name, I once knew a girl Bennett who was called "Bennie" and I fell in love with it. Needless to say, fiance could not get over how masculine it sounds but its such a cool name---boy or girl!

Tippy January 25th, 2011 03:57 AM

There aren't too many that we disagree with. He messes with me when it comes to names, so I have a hard time knowing when he's serious or joking, unless I am the one saying the name. lol He's thrown Trinity, Courtney and Maggie at me - no. I've thrown Brynn, Bree, Mallory, Paige (as a middle name) and Veronica and he's not liked them at all.

We have agreed on Brenna Kathleen for a girl and Benjamin Cole or Scott / Brennen Patrick for a boy. I won't mention anymore names until we know for sure in a few weeks.

Karen78 January 25th, 2011 06:21 AM

We originally liked Bo/Beau...but I only agreed to it if we could spell it "Beau" because I HATE Bo because hi.... B.O. I didn't want our kid having say he spells his name like "body odor". But my husband didn't like Beau. So alas....that name is out of the running.

Quantum_Leap January 25th, 2011 05:01 PM

Yes, Aled, for a boy. I know it's unusual, but it's a 'real' name (Welsh) and I really love it. DH won't even hear of it.

I'm pretty lucky. DH is fairly laid back about names and we usually agree (except for on middle names -- there we have family to please).

MomtoCTSK January 25th, 2011 05:17 PM

I wanted Hudson for a boy last time and DH told me not to even mention it this time LOL So far we are both having a hard time with girls names so there is nothing to veto yet. He also vetoed Oliver, Cooper, and Milo.

meggers January 25th, 2011 05:53 PM

I really liked the name Margaret, but DH vetoed that one.

There have been a few names that I have brought up as possibilities, but DH vetoed them because of experiences with students. Picking out a name is hard when you are married to a teacher.

Clifford13 January 25th, 2011 06:04 PM

I really like Lucille (Lucy), Dylan, Stella, and Frances for a girl... my husband hates them all yet likes the name Carolina which I am not a fan of... We better start thinking of some boys names too since we don't know what we are having yet ... most likely though we will go with Roger though for a boy which was my fathers name...