JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Saw the OB today. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2228654-saw-ob-today.html)

Babybear4 January 24th, 2011 06:27 PM

Saw the OB today.

I have been having a lot of BH's for the past week and last night I started feeling a lot of pressure so I decided that if I was still crampy today, I would go in so once DH got home, I went in to get checked out. I was hoping that it would just be one of those appointments that made me feel stupid because nothing was going on. No such luck. :(

Currently, my cervix is about 1 mm (or cm, I am not sure) shorter than they would like to see at this stage, so I am to take Terbutaline for contractions as needed and go to L&D or the office if the terb. won't stop them. This didn't start with Lorena until about 32 weeks, so I was not expecting it to happen this early.

As of now, the doctor isn't too concerned but just wants me to keep an eye on it and no semen inside of me, so no bedrest or anything yet, but still not the news I was hoping for.

Please cross your fingers that this is just a one time thing and that I don't have any issues making it to full-term with this baby. That last thing I want is a preemie. :(

shen7 January 24th, 2011 06:30 PM

Re: Saw the OB today.

Lots of staying-in vibes headed your way!!!!! :( Sorry about the BHs, I do hope it's just a blip and you don't have to worry about it for another few months... it sounds like you caught it really early as your cervix was just a little bit short, so that's good. Sorry you're going through this though, how stressful.

Babybear4 January 24th, 2011 06:34 PM

Thank you! :)

tyggrlili25 January 24th, 2011 06:55 PM

Ugh sorry Shelley:( hoping the meds do their trick asap. Stay in there until you are done baking little Vincent!!

Tree_Love January 24th, 2011 08:28 PM

Oh no! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope the T works as it's supposed to and you need no further intervention!

Tryin4#2 January 25th, 2011 05:23 AM

Hoping and praying that the meds do the trick for you and Vincent stays cozy for awhile longer.

PennyLane1121 January 25th, 2011 05:28 AM

I'm sorry hun! You know I always wondered why it was okay for us to have semen now yet later when we are trying to get into labor they suggest it to help with the cervix thinning and dialating and such. Idk, I was always concerned. I hope the medicine works!

Irshtripletsmommy January 25th, 2011 06:12 AM

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope you'll be able to make it full term.

carlykay January 25th, 2011 06:14 AM

I will certainly pray that this is short term/one time! Very sorry you did not get better news!

ebells09 January 25th, 2011 07:28 AM

Wow... that's some scary news. Hope everything goes well, looks like you may have caught it in time... good thinking on going to the Dr! Make sure even though you're not on bedrest that you do relax more... easier said than done with a little one, but keep baking your little man!

JenMW1 January 25th, 2011 07:29 AM

I'm sorry that the appointment wasn't a reassuring one :( I'll be praying that this medicine will do it's job and that you will not having anymore issues!

Lynn87 January 25th, 2011 07:30 AM

Praying for you and baby it was a one time thing! HUGS!!!

RUNNER25 January 25th, 2011 07:42 AM

Lurking from May DDC...I think we were in the June 2009 DDC/PR together.

Just wanted to say I hope baby stays put for you and the meds work.

Babybear4 January 25th, 2011 07:50 AM

Thank you, ladies! :wub:

miraclenumber2 January 25th, 2011 08:16 AM

oh I hope little guy stays put! I had a preemie last time and I remember the terbutaline... made me very shaky... try to take it easy and will be thinking of you :hug:

angelsailor288 January 25th, 2011 08:19 AM

Keeping you and baby Vincent in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure everything will be just fine and he'll come when he's supposed to :)

Motsy2006 January 25th, 2011 09:15 AM

Sorry to hear about the bad news at the doc. I have the same issues, but I'm on bed rest, 17P injections, etc. I had this problem with my daughter as well who was born at 35 1/2 weeks. Do you mind me asking how short your cervix measured? Did they see any funneling? Mine has some funneling, and I know the funneling is what can be most concerning. When will they be checking you again?

Kierasmom January 25th, 2011 09:21 AM

Hugs, I hope the meds work and your little one stays put.

Babybear4 January 25th, 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motsy2006 (Post 22856304)
Sorry to hear about the bad news at the doc. I have the same issues, but I'm on bed rest, 17P injections, etc. I had this problem with my daughter as well who was born at 35 1/2 weeks. Do you mind me asking how short your cervix measured? Did they see any funneling? Mine has some funneling, and I know the funneling is what can be most concerning. When will they be checking you again?

It measured 3.2 mm (or is it cm? :lol:) and he said they prefer to see it between 4-5 at this stage, so not too concerning but enough that they want to make sure it doesn't go any further. As far as I know, they didn't see any funneling. I am not sure when they will check it again, probably at my appointment on the 18th or if I have more contractions that don't stop with the terb.

Motsy2006 January 25th, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybear4 (Post 22856591)
It measured 3.2 mm (or is it cm? :lol:) and he said they prefer to see it between 4-5 at this stage, so not too concerning but enough that they want to make sure it doesn't go any further. As far as I know, they didn't see any funneling. I am not sure when they will check it again, probably at my appointment on the 18th or if I have more contractions that don't stop with the terb.

3.2 cm, not mm. haha. If you were in the mm you'd be in the hospital! Well, if it makes you feel any better mine was 2.5 cm 2 weeks ago. I've had it checked again since then when they noticed the funneling (last week), and I'll have it checked again on Thursday. I'm not concerned too much. Mine was at 0.7 cm with my daughter at 26 weeks and contracting every 2 minutes in labor. I managed to keep her in until 35 1/2 weeks. :) Bed rest and meds do wonders. Definitely listen to your body and take breaks whenever you feel necessary. Just because you haven't been put on bed rest at this point doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful. Try to not lift your toddler too much (or at all). And no stooping/squatting. Obviously I'm not your doc, but those are some big things that cause more contractions than you want.