JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Double fail. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2229730-double-fail.html)

KMQ January 25th, 2011 05:45 PM

Double fail.

So, I got a call from my doctor's office today, and was informed I have a vaginal infection and they'd be faxing a prescription to my pharmacy for me to pick up. Awesome.

Not long after this, I notice my ear is super plugged and it hurts when I burp and laugh and cough. Then the hurt spreads to my cheek and sinuses and gums and teeth and neck. Apparently I also have an ear infection. Super awesome.

So, I'm on the longest pack of Canesten that exists as well as 10 days of horse-pill sized amoxicillin. Yay me!

Candimom2 January 25th, 2011 05:56 PM

Re: Double fail.

Oh man, I'm sorry. I feel you on the UTI. They just sent a prescrip to my pharmacy today and because there was group B strep in my urine, I have no choice but to be on antibiotics during labor.

Get some rest and feel better!!

Cinderbella January 25th, 2011 06:04 PM

Aww I'm sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

hellolea January 25th, 2011 06:17 PM

I'm sorry girl... I feel you. I am just getting a cold, and then found out today that my ex right before DF left me with a lovely parting gift... chlymedia.. Arg. Hang in there.

Smashley January 25th, 2011 06:26 PM

awe i totally feel for you! with my DD I got yeast infections and UTI's like the plague, so I would have to do Canesten all the time, and try to choke down sewage tasting/smelling pills, all the while trying not to puke. I did puke the amoxicillin up once... OMG grossest thing ever. That was around week 7 though, so don't worry.

LvdL January 25th, 2011 06:30 PM

OMG - all you poor ladies!!! Try and get feeling better!!!!!!!!!!!! Sending you tons of healthy vibes!

Rachel January 25th, 2011 06:33 PM

((hugs)) I hope you feel better soon! Come on warm weather, huh?

thepinkleprechaun January 25th, 2011 06:37 PM

Just an FYI for anyone having infection problems, if you take garlic supplements it will drastically reduce the incidence of any infection in your body (including GBS!) and boost your immune system as well! I take the liquid capsules and they look kind of like miniature bath salts (little clear balls) they do not smell AT ALL so don't worry about that. Just get the gel capsules not the hard ones like vitamins.

I haven't taken antibiotics for a loooong time, any time I start feeling a UTI come on I take extra garlic and a bunch of cranberry capsules for the next few days and it goes away. I take the garlic every day anyways and I am definitely not sick as often as I used to be.

SewDivine January 25th, 2011 06:52 PM

aww you poor girl. I hope you get feeling better :(

w292737 January 25th, 2011 06:58 PM

Oh yuck! :hug: I hope you feel better soon!

Brittanie January 25th, 2011 07:01 PM

My ear has been bothering me lately too, and I'm going to have them check it when I go in to have my thyroid redrawn.

Hope you feel better soon!

avasmom603 January 26th, 2011 03:26 AM

Double whammy! I used to get tons of ear infections before I got my tonsils out 10 years ago. They hurt as an adult!!! Hope you get some relief soon.

Mama.Angie January 26th, 2011 05:58 AM

Ouch! That stinks! Well, hopefully this means you'll have nothing but good health for a double extended stretch of time! :hug:

mafiamom January 26th, 2011 06:55 AM

oh no! :( i hope modern medicine clears you up fast..... than on to the yeast infection caused by the antibiotics! (i pray not, but if you are like me.... ugh.)

take some acidopholus!

KMQ January 26th, 2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafiamom (Post 22866527)
oh no! :( i hope modern medicine clears you up fast..... than on to the yeast infection caused by the antibiotics! (i pray not, but if you are like me.... ugh.)

take some acidopholus!

Sweet lord, i better not get another yeast infection on top of this one I have right now. I feel a little better today, but my face and ear still hurt a lot. I'm so hitting up nap time when these two rascals sleep after lunch.

Thanks for the tip about the garlic and cranberry pills. The bad thing is that I rarely have symptoms for these vaginal infections, so i can't beat them to the punch. And this stupid ear infection came on so fast I had no idea what was happening. It was so bad that the dr. thought I must've been having symptoms for days, instead of just yesterday afternoon.

I hope you other unwell ladies start feeling better soon! Being pregnant and sick at the same time sucks big time!

~Rae~ January 26th, 2011 08:32 AM

That sucks! I hope you feel better soon!

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy January 26th, 2011 08:41 AM

:dothug:
feel better!

mafiamom January 26th, 2011 09:12 AM

ohhh i like the garlic tip! can you buy it in the grocery store or do you have to go the health food route?

way2gomom January 26th, 2011 10:44 AM

:hug: I hope you feel better soon!

Our grocery store (Kroger) has garlic, but I'm not sure if they have cranberry or not.