JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Baby has attached to c-section scar tissue (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2249164-baby-has-attached-to-c-section-scar-tissue.html)

T9eMommy February 14th, 2011 06:25 PM

Baby has attached to c-section scar tissue

For the past week I have been having some bleeding. My ob had me come in last week & gave me an rx for progesterone suppositories (due to low prog before that led to a m/c) & had me have two blood draws to check hcg levels (this past wed & fri).
We went in today for the results. My hcg went from 6000 to 9500 which wasn't great. So they did an u/s. The sac was there & we even saw the little heart beat fluttering! But the bad news is the sac has attached low & onto my c-section scar tissue. There is also a big blob of blood in my uterus which is from the embryo irritating the scar tissue. This is where the bleeding is coming from.
My doctor said the next 4 weeks is critical & if the baby stays attached until then, then it should be Ok. He didn't give me any percentages though & I am not having any luck googling tonight to find any answers. My ob is normally very positive (even when I was in heart failure after my 1st) but today he was more reserved & I am not taking that as a good sign.
I will keep bleeding off & on due to the blood in my uterus so if I do m/c it will be difficult to know immediately.
Have any of you ever heard of this? Do you know if there is a name for it? I go back next Tuesday for another u/s & more bloodwork.

Jakesmom139 February 14th, 2011 06:33 PM

Re: Baby has attached to c-section scar tissue

BUMP-I would like more info about this as well.

MattieMay February 14th, 2011 06:36 PM

OH wow, I wish I could help but I do not know anything about this. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

BeachBaby February 14th, 2011 06:36 PM

I have never heard of such thing, but I sure do hope everything goes okay!!!

Miss Bunny February 14th, 2011 06:44 PM

I wouldn't know the name of it but I could see what he is talking about. I am really sorry you are so at risk. but the best thing you can do is try to relax! We defiantly want this baby to stick.

But the way I see it Is that maybe the scaring is tougher and maybe does not get a thick right there. And if the baby can not properly latch on it may cause problems. I really hope this isn't the case and I am no doctor but right now YOU have no control over it. The only thing you can do is sit back drink a lot of water an relax

MustangTania February 14th, 2011 06:46 PM

I've never ever heard of that happening. I delivered my DS via C/S and am curious to know more about it myself. I was actually thinking of going VBAC with this baby but not sure my OB will go for it.

You're in my prayers!!

purplelady February 14th, 2011 06:51 PM

you are in my thoughts hun.

SoCal Mommy February 14th, 2011 06:52 PM

I'm no help either, but I do hope that little baby clings on for dear life and all turns out okay... ((hugs))

Jen71 February 14th, 2011 06:55 PM

I'm sorry I don't know. I have a friend who knows a lot about c sections and complications that I will ask.
I'm so sorry you are going through these worries. I pray all is well.

lindz_fay February 14th, 2011 07:22 PM

Sorry wish I could help. I have never heard of this either. I hope everything works out ok for you and baby.

T9eMommy February 14th, 2011 07:35 PM

Thank you all so much. I will ask more questions next week. I thought of 20 I wish I had asked today as soon as I left.
My ob compared it to planting corn on the edge of the field. It can grow but it probably will not get as good of nutrition as it would planted further in.
The next month will be stressful but I know it will be for most of us in some way or another. I will update with any info I get from him next week. Thank you again for all the quick responses.

MeganMomof5 February 14th, 2011 08:33 PM

I don't know anything about it...Just wanted to let you know that i'll keep you and your baby in my prayers (((hugs)))

ashj_1218 February 15th, 2011 05:03 AM

Wow. I have never heard of that happening, but I guess it is just as possible as it attaching elsewhere. I really hope that your baby burrows in deep and is nice and snug in there. I know these weeks will be really, really hard on you. I am very sorry for your "bad" news. You will be in my thoughts.

myfavoriteshoes February 15th, 2011 05:40 AM

Oh gosh, I hope everything turns out okay *hugs* KUP k?

BuckeyeGal23 February 15th, 2011 05:41 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this scare! You are in my t&p

carisma February 15th, 2011 05:44 AM

I really hope this bean holds on tight. What a scary few weeks you'll have to go thru.
I'm the same with questions, I'll think of so much after the chance has past.

Seattlite February 15th, 2011 08:15 AM

I would ask this on the high-risk forum, there may be some moms there who have gone through this. I hope everything turns out OK!

Jen71 February 15th, 2011 08:20 AM

I have had to worry about a similar thing. I have 2 csection scars and fibroids. I have been told in would be best if baby does not attach to any of them.

T9eMommy March 1st, 2011 10:58 AM

Wanted to give y'all an update. I went in last Tuesday for 2nd u/s. The baby should have grown a good bit (from u/s a week prior) but he had not grown at all. His heartbeat had slowed from 140ish to right at 100. My HCG had doubled from Weds from Fri though.
I go back in next Monday for a 3rd u/s. That will be almost 2 weeks from the 2nd u/s. It's pretty much assumed I am going to m/c at this point. I still feel pregnant. I am so very exhausted all of the time.
Thank you all for your prayers & support.

Urchin March 1st, 2011 11:04 AM

*hugs* SO sorry you are going through this. I hope things turn around. You never know!