JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Talking to Baby (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2341436-talking-to-baby.html)

cydonia1978 June 2nd, 2011 11:46 AM

Talking to Baby

Woo! I'm 17 weeks today!! :) Updates on progression I've been reading have said for a couple weeks now that baby's ears are pretty developed and s/he could probably start hearing me and stuff now. These updates make suggestions like singing, talking, reading to baby. That's great and all, but what if you're a very quiet person in general??

I'm very quiet. I don't talk a lot as it is. I used to sing more, but I just don't seem to have the opportunity much any more. And reading to baby? That sounds really beautiful but I'm pretty sure DH would think I'm insane.. not that that would matter if I really wanted to do it, but right now it seems like I have enough going on, I don't know if I'd ever find time. :(

So now I'm worried.. could me being pretty quiet and barely talking to my belly be a BAD thing? It's not that I'm not thinking about little one.. In fact, I think-talk to baby all the time.. :lol: I just don't feel like saying what I'm thinking out loud.. especially when most of my life is spent at work, so that just wouldn't be appropriate.

Any other quiet mommies out there who aren't talking/didn't talk much to their baby in womb? I'm hoping I'll start doing it more later on, but right now I just feel awkward.. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not showing or feeling anything yet. ^_^

luckymomma June 2nd, 2011 12:01 PM

Re: Talking to Baby

I'm also a very quiet person, and I've never done a lot of talking to the babies while pregnant. So far both my kids are very active, smart and anything BUT quiet!lol Maybe if you don't feel comfortable talking you could play music for the baby?

AZsnowflake June 2nd, 2011 01:44 PM

We never read to our son in the womb, we talked to him a little bit, but not a whole lot. Same with this baby...sometimes I just say things and then I say "Right Bella?" but that's about it lol I also "think-talk" to her alot though.

And no, I don't think it's bad. Everybody is different so do what you are comfortable with :)

tabster06 June 2nd, 2011 01:57 PM

I would feel funny at work talking to the baby too so you aren't alone there. haha. the other day me and DH went fishing at a pond and he wanted to move across the lake to another spot and I didn't want to so I stayed where I was by myself. So after he left I was just randomly talking to him/her saying like me and daddy already love you a bunch and can't wait till you get here and stuff like that for like 10 minutes. Thats about all I have done. I would feel funny talking to it in front of people (even DH) I guess.

promises1 June 2nd, 2011 05:04 PM

I really don't talk to my baby nor did I when pregnant with my DD. This one will get read to everynight cause my DD couldn't go a day without story time. I would do whatever comes natural to you.

RandiP June 2nd, 2011 05:09 PM

I read to DD and she reads to me so my love bug gets it twice almost everyday. Although earlier I found myself trying to explain that Saturday was his/hers sister's b-day party and mommy was going to be busy and would appreciate a little cooperation and I promise in return lots of sugar from the cake and ice cream. :) Kind of nutty.......

..Jessica.. June 2nd, 2011 08:12 PM

I talk to the baby in the morning :wub: