JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Update-I'm home! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2352347-update-im-home.html)

mommyakawifey June 17th, 2011 07:03 AM

Update-I'm home!

Good morning ladies. Thank you for all the T&Ps . The magnesium sulfate seems to have worked to slow my contractions down. I'm still on it right now and will be for at least 24 hours-yuck- I can barely see straight to type this. Last night it made me really sick, hot and dizzy. At that point I will get my second steroid injection. Lacey looks great on the monitor. Its just my stupid body that won't cooperate. We are hoping to make it to 32 weeks.

Don't let this scare you FTM's this isn't the norm. Have a great weekend ladies and I'll try to keep you posted when I can.

I'm home! They were able to stop my labor with the magnesium sulfate. The terbutaline didn't even touch the contractions. I got both steroid doses in, which makes me feel somewhat better. My daughter also was lucky enough to get the steroids a week before her birth and she didn't need to be ventilated at all and her lungs were really mature for a 30 weeker. I'm on strict bed rest now which of course realistically equals floor rest with the kids and couch rest. As far as why my stomach looks so much smaller it is because her head is deeply engaged in my pelvis already. Owie. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ladies. I'm feeling pretty positive and blessed to have her baking another day. :smile:

thepinkleprechaun June 17th, 2011 07:12 AM

Re: Update

Ugh I hated magnesium sulfate, I'm sorry you're going through this!!

applejacks June 17th, 2011 07:22 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this! Sending prayers that Lacey keeps baking for a while!

BeachMum June 17th, 2011 07:22 AM

Oh NO! I missed an OP I'm soooo sorry you're going through this again. Mag is terrible stuff :( I hope your body can calm down and baby stays put.

MommySiobhan June 17th, 2011 07:36 AM

Stay put little Lacey!
I'm glad to hear that the contractions are slowing down.

Cwright June 17th, 2011 07:38 AM

I hope that little baby girl stays in there a long time! Keep us posted.

mguerra June 17th, 2011 07:41 AM

Mag sucks! It does wear off fast when they take you off. Hope you can make it a few more weeks!

Merridith June 17th, 2011 07:49 AM

I didn't realize you ended up at L&D. I'm sorry to hear about the mag. Hang in there though and we will all be thinking of you two and hoping she stays put for a bit longer. Thanks for updating us...

BlessednHighlyFavored June 17th, 2011 08:01 AM

praying for you and your strong little girl!

JessP June 17th, 2011 08:26 AM

Darn it that stinks. Sorry you are on that stuff. Stay put baby girl we aren't ready to meet you yet :).

bowlingbabe6 June 17th, 2011 08:44 AM

so sorry you're going through this. mag sucks, hope you are off it soon. glad to hear the contractions have slowed, stay put baby girl! keep us posted! thoughts and prayers are comin your way mamma

JeCaLe June 17th, 2011 08:58 AM

I am glad your contractions are slowing down. I hope they go away completely and you can get off that nasty stuff. Thoughts and prayers with you and your baby girl.

momie2b9-20-11 June 17th, 2011 09:33 AM

Glad that the contractions are slowing down some! Hope she stays backing for at least a while longer!

TwoPeasinAPod June 17th, 2011 10:19 AM

I am glad its going a bit better for you today with the contractions.

I hope that you can reach the 32 week goal ! My peri says a 32 week baby is no difference neurologically from a full term baby.

Mom2twolittlemen June 17th, 2011 10:30 AM

Oh god. :dothug: Thinking about you!!!

2014 Offshoremama78 June 17th, 2011 10:41 AM

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers hun, I hope everything turns out
good and Lacey stays put for many more weeks to come..

Papasgirl June 17th, 2011 10:46 AM

been thinking about you all day today. Glad to hear the contractions are slowing and Lacey is doing well.....stay strong

bajars2531 June 17th, 2011 10:47 AM

Glad for the bit of good news. Thinking of you both!! Hoping Lacey stays put for a bit longer!

wwwmom2011 June 17th, 2011 12:56 PM

bake Lacey bake!

MsSilverSpec June 17th, 2011 03:44 PM

Sorry your going through all this!! :( I know how mag-sulfate is..not fun and totally zonks you out. I guess they inserted a cath too for you right? Cause they did for me, since the mag can make you unstable to walk.

T&P for you and the baby!! Lets keep her cooking in there for a little while longer. Hugs <3