JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   What is going on!? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2353169-what-going.html)

Papasgirl June 18th, 2011 10:46 AM

What is going on!?

So I posted earlier in the week about painful braxton hicks. They feel like bad menstrual cramps and they do stop me in my tracks, but no where near real contraction pains. So this morning at about 8 am I was grocery shopping and started having them. By the time I got home, I had them, very many of them like every 10 minutes for about 45 minutes or so. I decided to stop and break, so I sat in my recliner with my feet up and drank a bottle of water and tried to take it easy, or as easy as I can with 5 kids up and going1 Didn't stop so I decided to lay down on my side and have more water. it worked for about two hours. Now here I am, and it is happening again. Now, I am no stranger to this pregnancy thing, but we all know that each one can and will be different from the next. I am so not used to painful braxton hicks contractions. I know they can be common, but I have NEVER experienced this and wondering if you all agree that I shouldn't worry. Just trying to get an idea of what I should do right now. DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO L & D so avoiding calling the midwife. Any of you have any thing special you do to help if you get this? I have no bleeding/leaking fluid etc. Thanks for the help...

bowlingbabe6 June 18th, 2011 10:58 AM

Re: What is going on!?

i'd be calling your midwife at this point if they are still continuing and are that painful. this is my first pregnancy so i don't know for sure and you are right that every pregnancy and everyone is is different but from everything the ladies on the board have said and doctors and the hospital (and im currently bedridden in the hospital until my baby is born and have been here almost 2 weeks now) these types of contractions are not usually painful. i know you don't want to but if it were me i'd be calling....and if it's nothing then let her tell you that.....hope you feel better at any rate, keep us posted

2014 Offshoremama78 June 18th, 2011 11:00 AM

I wish I had something to offer, I have painful ones, and reg ones.. Try pedialite instead of water, you may be down on your electrolites and stuff..But I would call just to be sure.. I hope you feel better.. You are in my thoughts..

Sushi_And_Sci-Fi June 18th, 2011 11:30 AM

Try being on your hands and knees, or elbows and knees, for awhile. My chiropractor recommended that to me to help stop BH, as it takes the pressure off your cervix and the veins and nerves in your back, which can cause BH is they get squished.

If the contractions continue I'd definitely call your MW though. Better safe than sorry!

*~Lulu'sMommy~* June 18th, 2011 12:16 PM

Ive been getting quite a few of thoes too... but a mix of regular BH and painful ones... my dr told me that if they are to the point of even regular BH every 5 mins i better be calling her... try to relax as much as possible and i pray they go away!

MsSilverSpec June 18th, 2011 02:38 PM

I had this, this morning but I knew they were from hunger/dehydration. They got to the point where I started feeling pressure in my bottom.

Just try to relax and hydrate yourself and if they continue to be painful and you get more then 4 in a hour even after youve ate/drank then call your doc.

bowlingbabe6 June 19th, 2011 07:50 AM

there an update?? how are you feeling??