JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Will you record the birth? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2354663-will-you-record-birth.html)

.t.e.r.r.a. June 20th, 2011 03:28 PM

Will you record the birth?

I am packing my video camera. I hope there is somewhere I can prop it up and just record from transition through birth, otherwise I don't know how DH is going to manage taking picture, recording, and being there to sooth me at the same time. I was completley against videoing Haydon's birth, but I totally regret it! I would LOVE to go back and watch him come into the world!

yenken05 June 20th, 2011 03:37 PM

Re: Will you record the birth?

I'm only going to record if DH hasn't made it here from Afghanistan...if he's here, it'll just be pictures!

MissImpatientlyWaiting June 20th, 2011 03:47 PM

It will depend on the hospital. Most of the hospitals around here won't allow video recordings of the birth because of malpractice threats. I may end up with pics but no video.

w292737 June 20th, 2011 03:48 PM

nope. I have video from C, but the hosp I'm at won't allow video. just still photos. and even if they did. I don't want another video of birth/labor

mamatomaica June 20th, 2011 03:55 PM

i hope that my mum will be there to record it, i want a vid of her coming up from the water so much! no idea what the hospital would say about it but my friend is hopefully delivering the baby, so she won't mind.

Karen78 June 20th, 2011 03:58 PM

Riverside won't allow video of the birth....which makes no sense since they film One Born Every Minute there!! Grrrrrr Oh well. Pictures will have to do!

.t.e.r.r.a. June 20th, 2011 04:14 PM

Ok this is news to me! I had no idea that some hospitals don't allow videoing! I'm not even going to ask, I'm just going to pack it and prop it up somewhere without telling them, I think that's bogus that they can tell you not to record the birth of your child. I guess it is a little invasive to the nurses though if they don't want to be recorded on video. Hmm...

lam June 20th, 2011 04:19 PM

Hell no I will not record it. However, I am bringing my video recorder for everything afterwards. :)

yenken05 June 20th, 2011 04:24 PM

My hospital just specifies that video has to be done from head-down....so no shots from the legs up.

*PurpleMidnight* June 20th, 2011 05:14 PM

photos afterwards

Mana June 20th, 2011 05:39 PM

I'm not sure. I have been considering it, but I'd also have to just set the camera somewhere and let it go, since it'll be just me, DH, and my midwife, but I don't think there's anywhere to put it close enough to the tub. So I'll be perfectly happy with pictures, and maybe we can do some recording after the birth :)

2pinks&ablue June 20th, 2011 06:14 PM

No, we won't be, just a personal preference I guess.

pidge26 June 20th, 2011 06:23 PM

Nope. We took photos afterwards last time, which is just fine with me.

Demetria June 20th, 2011 06:48 PM

DH wants to record it....I don mind, even as Ava is coming out, I dont mind but the stupid hospital won't allow it. We can only basically record after baby is out, of course pictures will come first and video second.

jersey_gray June 20th, 2011 10:45 PM

No way!!!

sweetdreamer1 June 20th, 2011 11:04 PM

the hospital dont allow vids... blah.. or else i would love to keep it recorded.. not for exhibition ofcourse but just for myself and dh..
even the pics i dont want anyone in RL to see.. i dont know.. its just me..!!!;)

OrangeBee June 20th, 2011 11:11 PM

No. I have no desire. I've been asked if I wanted to watch in the mirror...but I've declined. And I don't have a video camera anyways.

mishymama June 21st, 2011 07:49 AM

We set the camera up and just let it record the last couple of times. I guess we'll do that again this time. (There are no camera restrictions @ my house. :lol:)

Tippy June 21st, 2011 07:51 AM

Not in our hospital. You can video everything up until the birth and just after, but that's it. I also don't know how much I would want recorded. I'd rather have tons of pictures taken. Will probably take short clips on my camera, but leave the video camera at home.

hkystar June 21st, 2011 08:13 AM

I dont want to see it. I may or may not regret it later but for now that is my choice.

My sister is going to photo the whole thing though (nothing from legs down) but she will be there to capture the first moments and our first family moments together.