JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2427580-puff-pancake-blueberry-sauce-recipe.html)

Julka October 6th, 2011 07:26 PM

Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe

Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

We love, love, love this pancake recipe. It's different than your typical pan-fried pancakes because they are made in the oven, so no grease to clean up. I use aluminum 9 inch pie plates for those (the one-time-use kind), and really, while it says 4 servings, I double the recipe for my family of 4 and use 2 pie plates and we eat EVERYTHING in one supper. The blueberry sauce is delicious, too!

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...f781c098a6.jpg

Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
4 Servings

Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate; place in a 425 oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon; whisk in egg mixture until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in orange juice until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with pancake. Yield: 4 servings.

VikingMamma October 7th, 2011 09:10 AM

Re: Puff Pancake with Blueberry Sauce Recipe

This looks so fun! I can't wait to try this :)

D@mnedYankee October 8th, 2011 07:36 PM

is there an issue with the batter working right if we make it up the night before and let it sit in the fridge? I am not a morning person in ANY sense of the word and DH is a bum who wont do breakfast for dinner

Julka October 9th, 2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D@mnedYankee (Post 24985253)
is there an issue with the batter working right if we make it up the night before and let it sit in the fridge? I am not a morning person in ANY sense of the word and DH is a bum who wont do breakfast for dinner

I don't know because I've always just made it and we ate it right away... sorry, can't help with that question! We usually make this for supper. But if you look at the direction, the prep time is incredibly fast, it's the baking time that takes 18-20 minutes or so.. so the extra 5-7 minutes it will take you to prepare it, isn't really that long.

D@mnedYankee October 9th, 2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julka (Post 24986236)
I don't know because I've always just made it and we ate it right away... sorry, can't help with that question! We usually make this for supper. But if you look at the direction, the prep time is incredibly fast, it's the baking time that takes 18-20 minutes or so.. so the extra 5-7 minutes it will take you to prepare it, isn't really that long.

Hun I am enough of an anti morning person that some mornings cereal is too much prep for me lol

Julka October 11th, 2011 10:30 AM

LOL. Well, I dunno what to suggest then :D

VikingMamma October 25th, 2011 05:37 PM

I LOVED this. I can't WAIT to make it for DF. We doubled the recipe as well, except instead of doing double blueberries, we did half blueberry and half strawberry. I will say the sauce was quite alot and we used it sparingly, but I think if you refrigerated the remaining sauce it'd be fabulous on toast/ice cream/whatever the next day :D Thanks for the big recipe hit Julia! I can't say enough about it.

Oh we also served it with bacon and eggs.

Julka October 26th, 2011 10:25 AM

I am glad you liked it :) I agree, the sauce makes A LOT!