JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Turkey Tuesday! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2452790-turkey-tuesday.html)

Rockstarmama November 22nd, 2011 08:53 PM

Turkey Tuesday!

What are y'all making for Thanksgiving?

I am only making green bean casserole this year. Last year I made tons of stuff and it hardly got eaten because there was SO much stuff, so I'm not wasting my time. We are having turkey, ham, cranberry salad, carrot souffle, potato salad,chicken and dumplings, corn, dressing, chocolate pie and brownies. At least that's what I have been told. My father in law requested green bean casserole so that's why I'm making that. I'm burnt out from cooking all day, every day so I wanna relax. I'm hosting .... Isn't that enough?

camevil November 23rd, 2011 04:17 AM

Re: Turkey Tuesday!

I'm burnt out and haven't started the big stuff yet. My MIL, is hosting, but since she is recovering from knee replacement surgery, we're bringing food there and cooking, with help from the BIL & SIL. I'm brining and roasting the turkey (just picked up fresh from market yesterday), and making sweet potato casserole and Italian amaretti cookies. Husband is making his yummy GF mac n cheese and fresh sauteed spinach, BIL & SIL are bringing mashed potatoes and pie. It would be easier if everyone lived closer. It's an hour away and I've been getting horribly carsick on long drives, and LO is going through an "I hate car rides phase."

azrunningmom November 23rd, 2011 07:59 AM

We are cooking this year. SO wanted to buy it from Costco, but I said no, we are cooking it all from scratch so I know what T is eating :) So, he is responsible for the Turkey since I have ZERO idea how to make a turkey! I'm making just about everything else: Stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, dinner rolls, corn pone stuff. Grandma is bringing her green been casserole and everyone else is bringing apps or deserts/pies. We have I think 15 people including Taylor coming :) I'm excited!!

Mommyx12 November 23rd, 2011 09:08 AM

Dh and I both work tomorrow, so we are having our dinner Saturday. Dh will fry a turkey!!!Yummy!!! We'll also have a ham, dressing cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, greenbean casserole, deviled eggs, rolls, squash, mashed potatoes, probably some sort of salad and not sure yet what for dessert. My older girls will help me cook. I know my mom and brother will come over, my dad and grandpa my possibly come too. Only bad thing about that is less left over turkey for me, lol!

MomtoParker November 23rd, 2011 12:18 PM

I am fixing Sweet Potato Casserole and dressing. We are doing a potluck, so everyone else is taking care of the other stuff!

lcole November 23rd, 2011 06:21 PM

Unfortunately I can't cook (seriously I can't) but fortunately, my hubby is an excellent cook so he handles it all. We are having Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potato's, Green Bean Casserole, Homemade Bread and a Baked Corn Casserole. We have a couple of pies for dessert too (pecan and chocolate pudding). There will be 11 of us.

Here's my question for feeding the LO's though, can they have butter and milk if it's mixed in with the mashed potato's?