JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Do you have a theme for your party? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2473115-do-you-have-theme-for-your-party.html)

KAB January 9th, 2012 04:23 PM

Do you have a theme for your party?

If so, what theme are you going with, and why did you choose it?

We're having a sesame street party. I wanted to do something really cute and girly, but the more I thought about it I wanted to choose something that reflected Rebecca so that she would really enjoy the decorations and what not. Rebecca LOVES elmo, and the only thing she'll watch on tv is sesame street, so that's why we chose that theme. It should be pretty fun and easy to do.

April Flowers January 10th, 2012 09:26 PM

Re: Do you have a theme for your party?

I am debating between doing a Very Hungry Caterpillar party (which has nice bright colors and is a book they enjoy), or just doing a polka dot party with pink and blue and white. I haven't been able to find anything cute that is premade for twins so I have been trying to think outside the box a bit.

DH vetoed doing Yo Gabba Gabba.

*~~Shannon~~* January 10th, 2012 11:06 PM

I'm not doing a specific theme. Emerson's birthday party will be based around some Korean traditional stuff, so I'm not going to try to add another theme into that too. The decorations will be bright blue, orange and white.

evinsmommy January 11th, 2012 06:44 AM

Just the number 1! Bright colors and lots of balloons!

Adelyns_Mommy January 11th, 2012 11:10 AM

Going with the Owl theme. I picked that because I've like the owls since he was a baby, he has lots of owl clothes, a hat that he got nb pictures made in, cloth diapers that have owls on them etc.....
We will have brown, blue, green, white colors....going to make tissue paper pom poms, I've got his cake ordered, I think I have a pretty good start on it :)

michelle_m January 12th, 2012 08:41 AM

I think we're going with a snowman theme. Mainly because I saw a blog post dedicated to it, with lots of neat ideas for decorations and a link to an etsy seller who had a set of printable decorations you can buy. I need to get cracking on it, though - just a little over two weeks left.

oliviasmom January 14th, 2012 06:20 PM

Pretty set on Dr. Seuss theme. Gonna mix "the places you will go", "Birthday", and Thing 1 & Thing 2 into the party. Only going to use Aqua, Red & White for the colors. That's as far as I have got!

douglas678 January 15th, 2012 02:28 PM

I'm doing a Panda theme. I've called EV my little Panda bear since I was pregnant so I thought it kinda would be perfect. The colors will be black, white and green. That's about all I got. Any ideas would be great. ;)

SarahLMC January 21st, 2012 10:57 AM

We are doing a cowboy theme! I have found so many amazing decorations and ideas from the help of Hobby Lobby and Pinterest!! :) So excited!

ReaganorDean January 22nd, 2012 07:31 AM

We're going with a ducky theme....just based on this awesome cake I found. It's going to be fun.

HorseGal January 22nd, 2012 09:16 AM

Wyatt loves animals.. and so do I... So that will be our theme most likely

mandattu_02 January 23rd, 2012 12:30 PM

We're going with a Curious George theme. Ryan LOVES his Curious George (seriously, they're inseparable), so it was a pretty easy decision. I've been looking at decoration ideas and I think we've decided on the cake from a pic I found on Pinterest. We still have a few months though to finish planning, but its going by so fast!

cheezpoofs January 23rd, 2012 07:59 PM

I think we'll be doing a Yo Gabba Gabba! party for Orion. We all love the show.

Garrettsmommy April 10th, 2012 01:35 PM

Baby farm animals...