JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Movies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2537832-movies.html)

momie2b9-20-11 June 11th, 2012 10:20 AM

Movies

Do you let your LO watch movies / TV?

If so, what do they like?

If you have other kid/s what do they like?

Babymakes8 June 11th, 2012 12:26 PM

Re: Movies

She's watching American Tale right now with the other kids, but usually she watches Mickey Mouse club with her big brother LOL

green eyes June 11th, 2012 02:13 PM

I try to keep Brady from watching TV, although I have to admit that sometimes it is cute when he's in Dad's lap and they're watching the game. :) But Brady's so active that it only lasts a couple of minutes anyway!

momie2b9-20-11 June 12th, 2012 07:17 AM

She doesn't watch TV but I do have DVD's called Kidsongs and will let her watch those sometimes and she LOVES them!

bayhay June 12th, 2012 03:03 PM

I'm a first timer here, but aren't they a little young to really watch tv? We have it on in the house all the time but if I ever see her paying attention to it I try to distract her. I haven't purposely turned it to kid programming yet. At what age do they really start to enjoy and learn from tv?

Hazel June 12th, 2012 08:11 PM

The only time she looks at the tv is if a song comes on :) When she was in the hospital recovering from surgery, they had a channel that showed nature scenes while playing music (usually classical) and she would watch it for a while and relax :)

momie2b9-20-11 June 13th, 2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayhay (Post 26156920)
I'm a first timer here, but aren't they a little young to really watch tv? We have it on in the house all the time but if I ever see her paying attention to it I try to distract her. I haven't purposely turned it to kid programming yet. At what age do they really start to enjoy and learn from tv?

I'm not sure when babies learn from tv or dvd's but I do know that they pick up on things quite young. yes, they may not know that an object is a certain color or shape but they realize that there are different colors and sizes coming up and helping them explore that part. We actually don't have TV in our house so that it doesn't become a distraction. But we do have movies/dvd's and that way we know exactly what's being played and nothing will pop up.

The kidsongs that Kynslee occasionally watches is just singing and kids and animals acting along with the songs. Kynslee loves music and so it's fun for her to see other kids enjoying music and watching them interact. I limit how often she watches so it's not all the time.