JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Well (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2584158-well.html)

~Rae~ October 13th, 2012 06:38 AM

Well

I guess I am really and truly screwed. I'm 17 months out and my stupid incision STILL hurts. It has gotten better, but during AF, that thing is on fire. I'm convinced that it will always be like this. My dr said it's normal for some women to have pain in the incision during AF, but I may have adhesions. This can be corrected with surgery. Some women have it corrected during a subsequent birth. Neither of those are happening. Neither are an option. That means I'm screwed.
How are other c-section moms doing?

mccaroline October 13th, 2012 06:56 AM

Re: Well

Not doing to bad as far as the incision goes. I have a "knot" on the left side of my incision that hurts if I lift the wrong way, but otherwise it's OK. My biggest problem is still from them ripping open my bladder. I've had more infections in the past 14 months than I've ever had and I get them back to back, as in finish one antibiotic and 3-5 days later start a new one. I've had ultrasounds, xrays, seen uroligists and they all say that I've healed fine and there is nothing physically wrong. I'm getting sick of it frankly and I really don't want to live the rest of my life like this. I'm seeing a new doctor later this month so I'm hoping she might have some suggestions.

Dixana October 13th, 2012 07:15 AM

I had that problem after AJ was born. My left side would burn, Id get shooting pains, it would feel crampy, pretty much sucked in general.
I went to a massage therapist and had a few sessions to break up the adhesions. I won't lie, it hurt. It hurt really freaking bad. Like, I cried and thought I might die. BUT it was better after 1 "massage" and after 4 I had no more problems.
Im thinking I may have to find someone down here because I have funky cramping a lot :(
You cant go to a spa, you need to find a therapeutic massage therapist.

MommytoaMiracle October 13th, 2012 11:38 AM

Poor thing, that sounds miserable!!

~Rae~ October 13th, 2012 02:32 PM

I never heard of that Kara. I can't imagine someone pressing down on it, so the thought alone scares me. I may have to give in & try it though. I can't live like this forever.
C-sections are terrible, terrible things.

irishblessing October 13th, 2012 03:35 PM

That sounds awful :(

My incision isn't causing any issues.

mandy5586 October 13th, 2012 03:38 PM

That sounds horrible :(

8miraclez October 13th, 2012 04:56 PM

That sucks. I hope you find something (other than menopause) that helps.

Dee Darling 3 October 13th, 2012 05:28 PM

I'm sorry. :hug:

I have no problems with mine aside from the occasional itchiness.

Just_Marie October 13th, 2012 10:11 PM

No problems with mine, just residual numbness two inches around the entire incision. Sometimes when I move wrong it feels like something is pulling on my umbilicus so I'm pretty sure I've also got adhesions. C/S are nasty inside with adhesions when we go in to do repeat c/s

joonzgurl October 14th, 2012 07:30 AM

Oh no Rae, I am so sorry! why isn't surgery an option?
I haven't had any discomfort for a long time. Truely hoping I get a vbac next time too.

Dixana October 14th, 2012 08:43 AM

If I had been able to be around right after we had our babies Lisa had given me some links and info for different stretches, exercises, self massages etc to help prevent it from happening again.
Rae the first time she didn't push on my scar directly, just stretched the areas around it.
But it still hurt like hell and I remember her having to tell me to breath every 30 seconds. It really sucked but it was worth every second just to be able to walk up and down the stairs again!

Leogirl October 14th, 2012 11:28 AM

Mine still hurts from time to time but it's just more of an annoyance rather than a I would rather die pain. I also still have some numbness. I'll be VBACing next time and hopefully HBACing and I will try everything not to have another c-section.

~Rae~ October 14th, 2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joonzgurl (Post 26650117)
Oh no Rae, I am so sorry! why isn't surgery an option?
I haven't had any discomfort for a long time. Truely hoping I get a vbac next time too.

She would have to put me under, & the anxiety of even thinking about that is too much. :(

No more babies for me, but if I did decide on another baby, I am not a candidate for vbac. I had a classic c-section because Xavier was transverse. That alone makes the decision to not have anymore babies an easy one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixana (Post 26650302)
If I had been able to be around right after we had our babies Lisa had given me some links and info for different stretches, exercises, self massages etc to help prevent it from happening again.
Rae the first time she didn't push on my scar directly, just stretched the areas around it.
But it still hurt like hell and I remember her having to tell me to breath every 30 seconds. It really sucked but it was worth every second just to be able to walk up and down the stairs again!

I'm really leaning toward having this done the more I think about it. I found a few therapists not too far from me who offer this. Thanks!

Rachel October 14th, 2012 04:10 PM

I'm sorry you're still having pain Rae!

KMQ October 15th, 2012 07:08 PM

I get the random really sharp awful pain, but it usually passes pretty quickly. It gets itchy fairly often, which is annoying. But no burning or constant pain, thank goodness. My core strength is basically non existent still, so I'm having major issues with my sciatica though.