JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Sleeping With a Blanket? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2590432-sleeping-blanket.html)

SkyBaby October 30th, 2012 10:02 PM

Sleeping With a Blanket?

I sometimes give Lily one when she naps in her crib during the daytime. She seems to do fine with it. I have only given her a blanket once overnight when it got really cold and the central heater was having a problem. She was about 9 months old at that point. She was also in the room with me so i could hear her breathing. When is it safe to make sleeping overnight with a blanket a regular thing?

I have spent about 15 min googling it and so far some say its safe for newborns and some say it's not, while pretty much everyone agrees their older babies do fine with a blanket in the crib. I just went and placed one of her lighter blankets (not a receiving blanket but not a super thick one either) over her for now though until I see a reason to remove it.

Off to do more googling.

rancherandcitygal October 31st, 2012 01:20 AM

Re: Sleeping With a Blanket?

Gonna try to say this as nice as I can STOP GOOGLING. You are just causing yourself more worry. Do what you feel works for you and your child.

I personally give them loose blankets as soon as they can lift their heads and roll around so they have had them since they were 5 months old or so.

But really decide what works for you. If you want to you could layer her more with onesies or leggings under her sleeper too if blankets are a big issue for you.

promises1 October 31st, 2012 03:55 PM

I cover Jordan with a blanket. He never seems to stay under it for long though. He is so mobile that he can move the blanket around when ever needed.

binz1031 November 24th, 2012 01:49 PM

Emma's had a blanket for a while. At night she has a hand made crochet blanket and at nap time just a receiving blanket.

missy123 December 22nd, 2012 04:30 PM

When Red is out of town Scarlett sleeps with me and she is a blanket hog! She sleeps like I did when I was little. :) She has blankets in her bed. She is mobile enough that we do not worry about it.

SkyBaby December 22nd, 2012 07:01 PM

^Haha that's really cute!

Thanks for the feed back, everyone! Lily is very mobile now, so I'm not so worried about it. I need to stop googling so much lol.

katiep726 December 30th, 2012 05:59 PM

I agree with the stop googling! There are too many opinions out there and it will cause you to second guess yourself. Honestly that's why I've been mia a lot because I started letting other people's opinions get to me too much and make me feel like a bad mom. Not that anyone was rude I just didn't have the confidence I should have to know I was doing the right thing.

Anyway, back on topic ;). Carter's had a blanket since around 7 months when he could easily roll around and pull it off if necessary.

SkyBaby December 30th, 2012 08:57 PM

Thanks, Katie! Yeah I stopped googling lol. I haven't given her a blanket yet, as our house is kept pretty warm in the winter. I won't be worried about giving her one when she needs it though.

Edit: I second guess myself all the time about a lot of things even without googling lol.