JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   what words? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2604168-what-words.html)

w292737 December 10th, 2012 05:55 PM

what words?

At this age things change so fast, so what words does your little one say now??

bob had mini marshmallows today and I asked her, 'who did you get those from?' clear as day she says L_____(full name) I about **** myself!

Aenyx December 10th, 2012 06:06 PM

Alex doesn't say much yet consistently. Hi, ow, oh are her main ones lately. We still don't really get mamas or dadas.

mandy5586 December 10th, 2012 06:21 PM

Re: what words?

Lots. It's getting hard to keep up with now.

NO!, Mama, Dada, Papa, Nana, NawNaw, Poppy, Pup Pup, "ReRa" (our cat is named Rita), baby (and my baby), hello, bye bye, night night, book, yeah, ow, ew, uh oh, cup, milk, drink (dink), shoe, eye. She will say things like "Where's Rera" and "Where's Dada?". She tells her our cat to "back back" because I always tell her to get back. She says "Shh!" She calls her Aunt Elena "LaLa". She also says "bay button" and obviously means her belly button because she points at it at the same time. She used to say key cat, but now just calls her ReRa.

She doesn't say any hard words. Didn't someone say their toddler said elephant or something? lol

jmom December 10th, 2012 06:38 PM

Kitty cat and snack are the big ones. She will say mama sometimes. she loves her kitties and snacks, apparently!

~Rae~ December 10th, 2012 07:12 PM

Mama, daddy, Layla,Amber, bye bye, eat, cup, bath, bed,night night, shoe, shirt, diaper, ball, blue jeans, jacket, hot, shut, open (he screams this while handing me a closed bottle that belongs to ME) up, kick (right before he kicks everything off his changing table), baby, fish....etc.
Basically he's in the labeling stage. He has a word for about 75% of things in his environment. He also repeats a lot of other words too, but doesn't use them consistently.

His sentences are "there it is" "push it" and another one I can't remember.

mandy5586 December 10th, 2012 07:37 PM

I forgot...poo poo. LOL!!

She jibber jabbers constantly but I'm like, Huh??

Just_Marie December 10th, 2012 08:55 PM

num num, ni-nights, Delia!, Mylo!, Arthur, Feo, E-bet, Nonan, mama, dada, go-go-go, uh-oh, milk and other clucking that is not understandable at all

tobi4 December 10th, 2012 09:04 PM

Colton says a few things consistently. Other things he says once and really clearly and then I don't here them again! So I know he can, he just doesn't! Lol

Rachel December 10th, 2012 10:12 PM

Keelan says night night, but it sounds like nigh nigh. He says peeboo (peekaboo), down, ma, da, Dan, mine, trash, boobie, bath, milk, and I'm sure there are more, but they are escaping me now.

tricia_16_ December 11th, 2012 07:16 AM

Mom, Dadda, Daddy, Grandma, Ryan (for Rylan, but pretty close), Karen, Santa, snowman (noman), bed, ball, no, boom, moon, star, tree (though it comes out "tee"), duh, and my favorite (even though it isn't a word) is when she sees something she thinks is pretty like Christmas lights, she goes "Ooooooh!" hahahaha

A lot of these words she JUST started with in the last few weeks. She's really picking up on talking now!

mandy5586 December 11th, 2012 07:19 AM

I forgot trash! And she just started saying ball recently because DH has been juggling these two balls and she laughs her butt off.

I looove all of these cute little words...even if the jibber jabber words. Babies are so cute!!

marieks85 December 11th, 2012 10:07 AM

Tristan makes a lot of noise but doesn't say much. He can say hi and no (he shakes his head with no lol) and other than that's its unintelligible run on sentences. Ibunderstand what he is saying by listening for his tone instead of the actual words lol

irishblessing December 11th, 2012 10:33 AM

He says a lot of words, and if you ask him to say something the majority of the time he can repeat it back or very close. The cutest ones of those were hedgehog and hot chocolate.

Here's some of his more common used words - hi, bye, dada, blanket, bucket, bee, ball, bath, kittycat, duck, button, blanket, berry, cheese, hot, car, truck, eat, Kaitlyn (sounds more like K-tin) chicken, tractor, truck (tuck) tree (tee), he tries airplane but it doesn't sound right, apple, cup, boot, eye, book, grandpa (gandpa), baby, poop, and he says the color blue so he will say blue duck etc. Thats all I can think off of the top of my head.

I'm noticing from listing these that he doesn't get his R sound very well.

Mama.Angie December 11th, 2012 11:08 AM

Mama. :wub:

~Rae~ December 11th, 2012 11:08 AM

X can't pronounce L yet. He calls Layla, Nay-nuh. For the longest I thought he was saying banana & would go get him one, but I figured out Nay-nuh is Layla, & na-nuz is bananas.

Dixana December 11th, 2012 04:55 PM

Almost nothing. Katelyn has/is following in AJ's foot steps almost exactly.
She had a fairly extensive word list for her age then, BAM, stopped talking completely.
All she says at ALL is daddy (and only when she's mimicking brother running through the house yelling daddy when he gets home) and no.
We read everyday and I've been telling her to "use her words" and saying the word repeatedly while signing it but she either walks away all mad stomping her feet or throws herself on the floor and cries.
She's going to be evaluated by birth to 3, hopefully before the holiday.
This is EXACTLY what happened with AJ, only a little later and she was using more words than he did.
:( I'm hoping it just a phase or something but it's been like this awhile now.