JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   How many kids did you want before you had kids? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2623139-how-many-kids-did-you-want-before-you-had-kids.html)

*Rosie* February 7th, 2013 01:35 PM

How many kids did you want before you had kids?

I always wanted 3 and DH wanted 4.
I'm pretty sure we're done, as we're getting older and I just can't imagine going through this again.
How many did you want?
How many do you have?
How many do you want now?
If the number changed, why did it change?

KAB February 7th, 2013 09:03 PM

Re: How many kids did you want before you had kids?

DH and I always wanted 4 kids, then we went through the struggles of trying to get pregnant and staying pregnant, we're older now, and honestly I just don't have the energy or finances for 4. After having Rebecca I was totally done with my one, but now we've decided that 2 is our number.

HorseGal February 10th, 2013 11:57 AM

How many did you want? At least 5
How many do you have? 1
How many do you want now? At least 5

Always wanted a big family :)

ReaganorDean February 10th, 2013 06:28 PM

I always was flexible on how many I wanted, but it was always 1-3. We have one, and we've decided on two, or one if things don't change for us financially.

When I was pregnant with Reagan I really thought I wanted three....now I don't think I could do it more than one time.

*Sharon* February 10th, 2013 06:37 PM

How many did you want? 4. 3 boys and a girl is what even as a teen I told people I wanted. And it is what I had. lol
How many do you have? 4
How many do you want now? 4
If the number changed, why did it change? na

mandattu_02 February 11th, 2013 01:38 PM

How many did you want? 2...1 boy, 1 girl
How many do you have? 2. Also got my wish of 1 of each. :smile:
How many do you want now? Just the 2 that I have now. No more.

pattyandthemoos February 12th, 2013 07:14 AM

How many did you want? I wanted 5 or 6, dh only wanted 1 or 2
How many do you have? 5
How many do you want now? I'm happy with my five but there are days I wish I stopped at 3 or 4. I definitely do not want any more. I love all my kids but they are a lot of work and stress and responsibility.
If the number changed, why did it change? My number didn't really change but I wish I had listened to dh a little more sometimes. I love my large family but when I was planning it I never really thought about how much work kids are as they get older. I love all my kids though so I don't have any regrets.

Leah1216 February 14th, 2013 02:22 PM

Originally I said I wanted 4. Then with my difficult pregnancies I changed it to 3. Right now we have 2...I have finally talked DH into a third. Even my doctor said any more then 3 would be very difficult and involve a more invasive cerclage. So we will be done after 3!

eiramillek February 16th, 2013 02:07 PM

How many did you want? 4
How many do you have? 2 girls
How many do you want now? Still 4, maybe 5
If the number changed, why did it change? DH has always just wanted 2 but I think he's entertaining the idea of more. I've always wanted a bigger family and each of our daughters has only solidified that want! Even when my toddler is being a terror!