JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Weight loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2623142-weight-loss.html)

*Rosie* February 7th, 2013 12:37 PM

Weight loss

Is any body still trying to lose weight?

I am....
Just before I had DS, I was 194lbs, I'm now at 156, but I would like to lose another 15 - 20lbs.

maybe we can motivate each other :)

KAB February 7th, 2013 08:00 PM

Re: Weight loss

Losing weight is an ongoing battle for me, the first year I only lost half of my baby weight gained during pregnancy, now during the second year I've lost all of the baby weight, but I'm still 15-20 lbs overweight. Breastfeeding didn't help me lose weight at all. I've always been a little chunky, but I still need to lose another 10 lbs to fit into my clothes comfortably. DH and I try to work out and diet together, but when he's in school it's really hard because he's so stressed and we're so stretched thin for time.

ReaganorDean February 8th, 2013 02:20 PM

Kelly I could have echoed your post. I wasn't always chunky but have been off and on since college. I lost weight early on, but then have hit a rough spot now where I'm losing and regaining the same five pounds. I too could stand to lose 15-20 pounds.

pattyandthemoos February 12th, 2013 06:18 AM

I hope you are still going to hang out on Mommy Fitness & Weightloss. I've lost all of my baby weight and am about 30 lbs thinner than before I got pregnant with Shawn. I really had an easy time losing weight this time around. I think it was partly from breastfeeding but also because my eating habits got better when I was pregnant and forced to eat a diabetic diet. I'm really trying to tone up now though because I have lose skin and flab (probably only flab that I can see, but I hate it). I am going to turn 40 this summer and I am having major issues with this so I've been trying to shape up. I like had a bad dream about looking like this haggardly old scary lady. LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAB (Post 27068585)
Losing weight is an ongoing battle for me, the first year I only lost half of my baby weight gained during pregnancy, now during the second year I've lost all of the baby weight, but I'm still 15-20 lbs overweight. Breastfeeding didn't help me lose weight at all. I've always been a little chunky, but I still need to lose another 10 lbs to fit into my clothes comfortably. DH and I try to work out and diet together, but when he's in school it's really hard because he's so stressed and we're so stretched thin for time.

With my other kids, I always had a hard time losing the last 10 or 20 lbs when I was nursing. It was like my body was trying to hold onto the weight to keep up my milk supply. It was better this time around.