JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Keelan's 18 month appointment (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2624850-keelans-18-month-appointment.html)

Rachel February 12th, 2013 03:55 PM

Keelan's 18 month appointment

He's 21 lbs 5 ounces, 32 inches and in the 3rd percentile for weight and the 50th for height. I don't remember his head circumference, but he's in the 25th for that. The doctor was concerned about his weight, but I am not. He's always been in the lower percentiles and he's on the same curve. He is gaining, not losing and meeting all of his milestones, so I'm not worried at all. He asked if he was drinking whole milk and I said he was, but he was mostly breastfeeding when he wanted milk. He said that I should limit the breastfeeding during the day and I nearly lost my cool. Neely was giving me the stink eye to keep me in check and I had to hold myself back. I asked him if he thought BM lost its nutritional value and he said no, but that it probably didn't have as many calories as he needed. I rolled my eyes, nodded and smiled.

He wants to bring him back for a 21 month appointment to check is weight. I made the appointment, but I'm probably going to cancel it. And in the meantime look for a new pediatrician. I'm so sick of fighting with them about breastfeeding and our delayed vax schedule. And on the vaccination note, Keelan got one today. He's still behind by their schedule, but he'll have plenty of time to catch up before school starts.

irishblessing February 12th, 2013 04:32 PM

Re: Keelan's 18 month appointment

It sounds like a good appointment overall. I would have been annoyed about the breastfeeding comment as well.

Dee Darling 3 February 12th, 2013 04:39 PM

Sounds like Keelan is doing just fine. I would be ticked about the BM comments too.

navywifey2003 February 12th, 2013 04:48 PM

I would be beyond irritated. I hope you find a new ped that you love.

Sounds like he is perfect.

inlove08 February 12th, 2013 06:15 PM

UGH that would annoy me too hun. BM is best!!!!! Don't listen to the doc. You do what you feel is best mama. Emma weighs 25 lbs. I don't think 21 is unacceptable

tobi4 February 13th, 2013 06:42 AM

That baby is not lacking at all! I've seen his photos and he looks perfect to me. Your dr sounds like an ***. Our allergist doesn't get bf'ing either, luckily his opinion doesn't matter and he shuts up pretty quickly when I remind him the dietician advised bf'ing for 2 years. Lol. Good luck finding a new Dr!

mandy5586 February 13th, 2013 07:08 AM

Sounds like he is doing great! I would be looking for a new pedi, too if he/she wasn't on the same page as me.

r&lsmama February 13th, 2013 06:37 PM

Sounds like an overall okay appt! Hope you can find a better pedi to work with.