JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Spent the day in court with my brother (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2625223-spent-day-court-my-brother.html)

Rachel February 13th, 2013 02:48 PM

Spent the day in court with my brother

After 10 years of paying child support directly to his ex wife, and one of his daughters being 22, his ex wife has now asked the court to intervene and make him pay through child support enforcement. Here's the kicker, they want the original support amount despite the fact that there is only one minor child at home and his income has changed and my former SIL's income has changed all of which is reason for modification of the support amount. And she owes him $10,000 for a contempt of court she committed back in 2001 (moving out of country without court permission) and hasn't paid a dime. She also should have been paying for ALL of the travel expenses for visitation, but she hasn't paid anything. If he wanted to see the girls, he paid for flights. It was either pay or take her back to court, which would have required time and expense and he wouldn't have seen the girls in the interim.

To say that I'm disgusted with the way fathers are treated by the court system where I live might be the understatement of the century.

Anyway, just needed to vent.

Aenyx February 13th, 2013 05:04 PM

Re: Spent the day in court with my brother

:hug:

It's terrible and unfortunately it's not just where you live either. :(

r&lsmama February 13th, 2013 06:15 PM

It's terrible :(

Smashley February 14th, 2013 01:28 PM

He should move here! Dead beat dads get such great treatment here, so he should be set (because he isn't a dead beat). Or he'll get screwed because he isn't. Court system sucks no matter what.

Aenyx February 14th, 2013 03:06 PM

Always seems like dead beats get away with it and the stand up guys trying to do the right thing get screwed. :(

marieks85 February 14th, 2013 06:08 PM

That sucks :( I think the dead beat dads get away with things because they know how to work the system better. Same with dead beat moms.

Dee Darling 3 February 14th, 2013 06:55 PM

:hug: I wish the courts treated both deadbeat parents the same - moms and dads.

I'm sorry.

joonzgurl February 15th, 2013 06:28 AM

I'm sorry :(

mom2more February 16th, 2013 10:29 AM

So sorry! That really stinks!