JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Valentines (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2625278-valentines.html)

r&lsmama February 13th, 2013 06:23 PM

Valentines

Will you be doing anything special with your little ones?

Do you have any traditions?

We painted and stamped hearts today. tomorrow ry is having a valentines party at school. we will take pictures with the kids and their candy boxes. the kids also made/sent out valentines :)

mccaroline February 13th, 2013 06:48 PM

Re: Valentines

Absolutely nothing. DH is working, I'm babysitting, DD's have a ringette practice, DS is too little to know the difference.

DH and I agreed a long time ago that we don't do anything for Valentine's day for each other, he always brings me home flowers a couple weeks later when prices are back down to normal and we go out for dinner at that point. Why pay inflated prices to tell each other you love them?

Just_Marie February 13th, 2013 07:45 PM

I got all the kids candy and they're all doing valentines for school, and bought treats for the teachers, and a bag full of goodies for dh. I'm hoping he buys me diamonds

mandy5586 February 14th, 2013 06:20 AM

I asked friends and family to send Brynlee's Vday cards for her mailbox. I bought and decorated a tiny little mailbox for her, the mail doesn't fit in it, LOL. But I figure it's cute anyway.

(By the way, we are going to open the card from Layla today!)

I also have these little foam hearts that we are going to decorate with stickers. My mom sent her some cute little stickers. I also put her in a cute Vday dress for daycare today. :)

I completely forgot to bring Vday cards to school for her party this afternoon and now I feel crappy about it because I don't have time to go buy any.

AniLand February 14th, 2013 06:45 AM

I got Will a blow-up Spidey chair. It was only $7 from WalMart. He loves it!!! I made little valentine cards for my students. I made a homemade cheesecake for my husband (his favorite). He says he won't have time to get me anything, and I don't really care, but he tries to fake me out every year. So we'll see if he has something up his sleeve for this year. LOL

r&lsmama February 14th, 2013 07:00 AM

Aw that all sounds like fun! Last night I decided to get the kids one if those heart that holds 3 chocolates. They were super excited this morning.

mandy5586 February 14th, 2013 07:41 AM

DH got me a card from him and Brynlee and a huge bag of candy...he is more of a sweets eater than me so I am sure he will eat the candy lol

I feel bad because I didn't get him a card or anything...normally we don't really give each other Vday presents.

irishblessing February 14th, 2013 09:12 AM

Not really any traditions here. Kaitlyn will take Valentines for her school class. I hope they weren't supposed to make boxes because I hear about them everywhere! But she hasn't been to class in a couple weeks.

DH and I will be going out for dinner, which I am looking forward to because we haven't had very many date nights since Dom was born.

Rachel February 14th, 2013 09:20 AM

Not doing anything. Last year I bought a cute little onesie, but this year it totally slipped up on me. I think we're going out to eat tonight, though.