JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Climbing out of his crib. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2626683-climbing-out-his-crib.html)

Rachel February 18th, 2013 10:20 AM

Climbing out of his crib.

So Keelan successfully gets out of his crib without falling or hurting himself. I've watched him do it a few times over the last few days and he does it the exact same way every single time. It's funny how methodical he is about it.

Those of you who have climbers, have you converted the crib yet?
What does your LO do once out of the crib? Immediately find you? Stand at the door and cry? Leave the room in search of something to get into? Climb in bed with you if you room share?

Karen+Zoe February 18th, 2013 11:13 AM

Re: Climbing out of his crib.

Well we have a climber but not out of her crib. She can get herself out of the highchair, on couches, on the dining table etc. She has not mastered the crib yet as she sleeps in a baby sleeping bag which prevents her from doing so.
Keen to hear what everyone else's LO's are doing and how it is managed for when Zoe learns to get out of her sleeping bag and crib - Yikes, that thought scares me!!

Rachel February 18th, 2013 11:22 AM

Oh a sleeping bag! I might have to find one of those for Keelan!

mom2more February 18th, 2013 12:14 PM

What are baby sleeping bags?? Can someone post a link so I can see what they are?

As for climbing out of the crib thank goodness we are not there yet! I have been dreading that happening because he is a climber with everything else!

We do keep his door closed in case he figures it out one night though because his room is upstairs and we don't want him falling down the stairs. He has mastered going up and downstairs for the most part, but there are some days where he thinks he should hold onto the railing going down instead of doing the backwards thing and that scares me!

mccaroline February 18th, 2013 12:17 PM

He climbs everything! A couple of weeks ago he learned to get out of his crib, I haven't converted it yet since it still slows him down a bit. He gets out and goes to play in his sister's room. I have no idea how to contain him, he crawls over baby gates too, nothing stops this child!

Karen+Zoe February 18th, 2013 12:40 PM

Hope this links works but here you go....these are the sleeping bags we use for Zoe. They are great in that they show the Tog rating so you know how warm or cool the bag is. No blankets to kick off!
Baby and toddler sleep bags by Gro | Crocodile Rocks, Gro-ing Places and more | The Gro Company

Just_Marie February 18th, 2013 01:07 PM

time for a low twin bed? I saw a metal bunkbed last week thats really low, I might pick it up this week for N and J. The twins were this age when we took them out of cribs.

mandy5586 February 18th, 2013 01:18 PM

I am glad we aren't there yet with Brynlee. She is perfectly content sleeping in her crib.

irishblessing February 18th, 2013 03:10 PM

He hasn't figured it out yet thankfully, I think probably because I always get him right away if he's awake and he doesn't nap in there either. He climbs everything else like crazy so I'm a little worried about it.

Rachel February 18th, 2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mccaroline (Post 27106919)
He climbs everything! A couple of weeks ago he learned to get out of his crib, I haven't converted it yet since it still slows him down a bit. He gets out and goes to play in his sister's room. I have no idea how to contain him, he crawls over baby gates too, nothing stops this child!

Just like Keelan. He's climbing the gate too.

jdt February 18th, 2013 04:31 PM

Joshua learned to climb out of his crib awhile ago. I sat and watched him do it a couple times. Luckily he never got hurt. We converted his crib basically just took down one side. He hates it. When we do get him to sleep in it when he wakes up he's quite upset he is in it and either comes directly to our bed or walks around the house for a bit then climbs in bed.

mccaroline February 18th, 2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel (Post 27107948)
Just like Keelan. He's climbing the gate too.

Kinda glad I'm not the only one. I call him my monkey boy. I swear this boy has no fear.

r&lsmama February 18th, 2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieJ (Post 27107159)
time for a low twin bed? I saw a metal bunkbed last week thats really low, I might pick it up this week for N and J. The twins were this age when we took them out of cribs.

I was going to ask that too. Or a toddler bed?