JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   I'm bleeding (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2627440-im-bleeding.html)

AniLand February 20th, 2013 08:01 AM

I'm bleeding

I am waiting at labor & delivery. I had 2 big gushes of blood this morning. I'm scared. Is this normal, or should I expect a baby soon? I trust you all to tell me the truth.

mandy5586 February 20th, 2013 08:09 AM

Re: I'm bleeding

*hugs* I have no idea, honestly. Nothing like that happened to me when I was pregnant with Brynlee. I hope it's normal and nothing to worry about. Is the bleeding after DTD or exercise? I know that can happen. What about the color of the blood? And when you say gush, how much are we talking about here? It could be signs of pre-term labor or just your cervix starting to dialate. But it's good at that you're at L&D to get checked out!

tricia_16_ February 20th, 2013 08:18 AM

I would say not normal, BUT you are where you're supposed to be to get the best help possible! I wouldn't panic :) Thinking of you!!! KUP!

AniLand February 20th, 2013 08:23 AM

No we didn't dtd and I haven't exercised. This is really out of the blue. The blood is red, like regular period colored red. The gush was as if I started my period, like a heavy gush. There were 2 of them wihin about 20 minutes. No clotting or anything like that.

r&lsmama February 20th, 2013 08:46 AM

Doesn't sound normal to me, but it could be the start of things. I'm glad your where you can be checked out. Kup! (Hugs)

mandy5586 February 20th, 2013 09:02 AM

Let us know when you know! Try not to panic. I am glad that you went in to get checked--that's the smart thing to do!

Rachel February 20th, 2013 09:12 AM

Not normal, but it could mean baby soon! Keep us posted! Sending prayers your way.

AniLand February 20th, 2013 09:40 AM

I am in triage being monitored. I'm having contractions but they gave me something to stop them. Just laying in bed staring at the ceiling now.

joonzgurl February 20th, 2013 09:43 AM

Thinking of you, keep us posted!

mccaroline February 20th, 2013 09:46 AM

Good luck. KUP. Really hope this is just the start of labour for you.

irishblessing February 20th, 2013 09:52 AM

I hope everything is okay, KUP!

CouponClipper February 20th, 2013 09:55 AM

That doesn't sound normal to me. Please KUP!! I'll be thinking of you and checking back for an update.

KMQ February 20th, 2013 10:28 AM

Hugs honey. I hope they can keep the baby cooking for a bit longer. Hope everything is ok, and thinking of you :heart:

~Rae~ February 20th, 2013 10:43 AM

I'm glad you went in! I hope they can keep those contractions at bay for another 2 weeks AT LEAST.
Just know that if you have him soon, he'll be just fine.

Karen+Zoe February 20th, 2013 10:57 AM

So glad you went in - you're in the best place you can be at the moment. Hope they can hold off delivery for a couple more weeks so baby can cook a little longer. HUGS!!!

Leogirl February 20th, 2013 11:17 AM

It could be normal and it might not be. Bleeding is one of those things that can go either way. Make sure they check your placenta before you leave. Not to scare you but abruption can go very bad very fast. I hope everything is ok. Please keep us posted!

Dee Darling 3 February 20th, 2013 11:43 AM

:hug: I hope they are able to stop your contractions and let baby bake a few weeks longer. KUP I'll be praying for you.

marieks85 February 20th, 2013 11:49 AM

Sending t&p your way. KUP!

AniLand February 20th, 2013 01:07 PM

The medicine finally worked & the contractons stopped. they are going to let me go home. I'm going to see my ob tomorrow to discuss everything. Thanks everybody!!

inlove08 February 20th, 2013 02:00 PM

Glad you went and got seen hun. I'm sorry you are going through this. :(

I had that happen with Emma when I was 38 weeks. I think it was my membranes stripping or whatever you call it.

Please take care of yourself and baby