JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Babies on bottles (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2629139-babies-bottles.html)

Julka February 25th, 2013 09:23 AM

Babies on bottles

For those of you who's babies are/were taking a bottle... who is still taking a bottle? When do you plan to completely 'wean' them off the bottle? If you already have, how did it go?

amrose February 25th, 2013 10:27 AM

Re: Babies on bottles

Hunter only has a bottle at night. I wish I could get rid of those too but he cuddles with his bottle at night and I'm just not ready for that fight yet...

sareymac February 25th, 2013 10:34 AM

Gary is still on the bottle. We are working on it though. He usually has no problem with the sippy during the day and LOVES a regular cup too. But if he spots a bottle he wants it.

~Momma*2011~ February 25th, 2013 10:43 AM

Caylyn is off the bottle except for at night. It's a comfort thing for her.

kazarmo February 25th, 2013 11:32 AM

Lina only gets a bottle now in the morning. However that is going to have to change here pretty quick because all of her bottles just started leaking like a mofo. haha

I've had to throw 2 out. Pretty sure the other 3 have/are leaking too.
She does great on a sippy cup but we like to give her the first morning bottle with cuddles ya know. Lately though she is not really much into cuddling for more then a minute, especially if the kitty is around.

ShelleyB80 February 25th, 2013 11:35 AM

Cody gets two bottles a day - one in the morning and one at night. I'm in no hurry. Probably over the next few months I'll taper down to one bottle a day and then none at all.

ratladee February 25th, 2013 12:07 PM

She doesn't get bottles at daycare at all. I'm sure if I just cut them out cold turkey she wouldn't even notice. But I just have to snuggle my Pea when she drinks her bottle at night.

Julka February 25th, 2013 12:18 PM

Sebastian has been on 2 bottles a day for a while now (morning & bedtime). But lately he isn't too interested in the morning one - like today, he drank about a 1/4 and refused the rest. He has done that a few times now. I end up pouring the milk into a sippy and he drinks that on & off for a bit. He still likes his bedtime bottle daddy gives him, though. So I might take out the morning one & just do a sippy with milk. But keep the evening for a bit longer.

rancherandcitygal February 25th, 2013 03:15 PM

She is only using a bottle. It took me 5 different ones to find a bottle she would take. Sippy's are ending up the same way. Can't find one she likes so I just have given up the battle for now.

bmarti07 February 25th, 2013 05:15 PM

No bottles here. I am still bf'ing but really wanting to wean but Jon does not do well with the sippy cup. I offer him water and rice milk (he's allergic to milk) in the cup but he only takes a few sips and then throws it down. Today at the sitter's he only took a few sips of water. I'm torn with what to do. I think I'm going to buy a cup with a straw and see if he likes that better. Because of his allergy I'm on a dairy free diet and am ready to eat like normal!!! argh!~ frustrating. My girls both transitioned so well to the cup....I'm not quite sure what to do.

Saravene February 26th, 2013 08:36 PM

Noah hasn't had a bottle in a while, other than when I went out of town for work and DH had to give him his night-time mommy's milk. He drinks out of a cup at daycare and a sippy cup here at home. He does still nurse a couple of times in the evening, and once, maybe twice during the night.

sareymac February 27th, 2013 02:39 AM

Well according to my babysitter, Gary hates bottles lol! For her he will ONLY drink at of a regular cup lol. Hmm interesting. She coulnt believe that he would drink a bottle at home, bc he never will for her.

swild19 February 27th, 2013 07:25 PM

Katelyn still gets 2 bottles, one in the morning and one in the evening. I am glad to hear some of you still give bottles. I was sure I was the only one!

Snookums February 28th, 2013 06:18 PM

I'm going this weekend to pick up some cups like my dd uses. He goes nuts for them! He's constantly drinking her drinks. I've tried more 'babyish' cups but no dice.
He is still on bottles but I'm thinking to just switch, he doesn't seem too attached. And he barely ever drinks his bedtime bubba. I usually end up throwing it in the fridge for morning.

Julka March 1st, 2013 05:03 AM

I took out the morning bottle and just serve him breakfast right away instead, he transitioned very smoothly :) still gonna keep the evening one for a bit longer, tho.

D@mnedYankee March 17th, 2013 10:33 AM

We lucked out, Joe cared less when we took his bottles away back in November.

Julka March 17th, 2013 10:36 AM

We've been bottle free for about 2 weeks now, it's been great!

KCMomma March 17th, 2013 10:40 AM

We have been bottle free since just before Mason turned 1. Luckily he just refused them so there was no weaning or struggle. DD was like that too.