JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Lily isn't walking yet. Anyone else? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2630804-lily-isnt-walking-yet-anyone-else.html)

SkyBaby March 1st, 2013 01:02 PM

Lily isn't walking yet. Anyone else?

Lily is nearly 15 months old and has only taken 2-3 steps at a time before she sits down. She crawls masterfully and pulls up on things and cruises no problem. She will pull herself up and walk with push toys across the room without any coaxing from myself or DH and does that a lot. She also walks with us if we hold her hands and can walk fine even holding only one of our hands. She will sometimes take a couple of unassisted steps to cover very short distances, like a couple feet (between footstool and couch for instance). I think she can walk by herself she just doesn't know it yet and hasn't been brave enough to really try. She still prefers crawling.

Does anyone else here have an LO who won't walk? What are some other things we can do to get her to? Is she truly late?

Alaska-Su March 8th, 2013 01:31 AM

Re: Lily isn't walking yet. Anyone else?

Hi, I know it's been a while but I just thought I'd say I wouldn't worry too much about it if she can do all that other stuff. She seems to be a bit unsure of herself. Give her a bit more time, maybe? I've heard of some not walking completely on their own until 18 months. I'm sure your little girl is just fine ^_^

SkyBaby March 8th, 2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alaska-Su (Post 27174499)
Hi, I know it's been a while but I just thought I'd say I wouldn't worry too much about it if she can do all that other stuff. She seems to be a bit unsure of herself. Give her a bit more time, maybe? I've heard of some not walking completely on their own until 18 months. I'm sure your little girl is just fine ^_^

Thanks! Thats what I think, too. She is a little scared of it. She suffered some rather hard head bumps her first few attempts. :( That was on hard floor at her great grandma's house. We have carpet here, though and she is braver on carpet.

nartist March 9th, 2013 12:43 PM

try sqeeky shoes its supposed to really help them .

SkyBaby March 12th, 2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nartist (Post 27179426)
try sqeeky shoes its supposed to really help them .

Lol that sounds like it just might work!! Where can I find those?

Spyctre March 24th, 2013 04:56 PM

I was just lurking the boards when I saw your post. My sister's three children were all late walkers, and they are all brilliant children. Like gifted. One was over 2 before walking, and the other two were 20+ months. The first time I met the youngest, she was 18 months, and not even taking steps yet. Crawled everywhere.

My oldest was around 14 months before starting. My little brother was 7 months, and he has Autism. They all get there eventually. It does seem like some babies figure that mommy will carry them so they walk later. That's what the psychiatrist told my sister as well.

SkyBaby March 29th, 2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyctre (Post 27225194)
I was just lurking the boards when I saw your post. My sister's three children were all late walkers, and they are all brilliant children. Like gifted. One was over 2 before walking, and the other two were 20+ months. The first time I met the youngest, she was 18 months, and not even taking steps yet. Crawled everywhere.

My oldest was around 14 months before starting. My little brother was 7 months, and he has Autism. They all get there eventually. It does seem like some babies figure that mommy will carry them so they walk later. That's what the psychiatrist told my sister as well.

Thanks for the reassurance! Dd has improved since I wrote this. She is walking more. Not masterfully, but she is definitely taking more than a few steps. She quite literally walked across the living room just yesterday. A good 10 feet or so totally unassisted. She was just at her pediatrician a week ago and he said she's fine. She has improved even since that visit. I'm sure she will be walking confidently by this time next month.

It is hard to not compare her to other little ones her age. Especially when I see all the stuff her cousin who is only a month older than her is doing. But I just have to keep telling myself every baby develops differently.

Olivia&DelilahsMommy April 14th, 2013 11:40 AM

I don't know if your little one is walking or not yet, but Olivia didn't walk until 16 months. My first child was a late walker too.
I consider myself lucky having late walkers :)

SkyBaby April 16th, 2013 03:34 PM

Lily is walking pretty well now. She still crawls, but will walk down the hall following me. She hasn't yet figured out she can stand up on her own. She crawls over to something she can pull herself up on and walks from there. She stands up at a wall and turns around and walks from there even lol.