JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   2011 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/)
-   -   Potty (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1833-2011-playroom/2631811-potty.html)

r&lsmama March 5th, 2013 07:43 AM

Potty

So now that we have our new playroom, lets revisit the potty.

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs?

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet?

If you haven't started when do you plan to?

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready?

mandy5586 March 5th, 2013 07:47 AM

Re: Potty

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? no, not yet

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? We have a 3-in-1 potty chair.

If you haven't started when do you plan to? Not until after we move. She is showing A LOT of interest, but I don't want to get started and then move next weekend.

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready?

r&lsmama March 5th, 2013 08:41 AM

We are working on it now. It's going pretty well!

We have both kinds of potty chairs, she seems to prefer the one that sits on the toilet.

She showed some signs of being ready. As in staying dry for long periods, sitting on the potty chair alot, showing major interest, and telling is pee/poop. Most of the time she tells us, and we bring her to the toilet.

Dee Darling 3 March 5th, 2013 08:47 AM

We haven't started yet. little rose hasn't shown much interest and doesn't seem to mind wet or dirty diapers. We have held her over the toilet, but she just thought it was funny.

I will probably bring out our 3 in 1 potty for her later this spring. This way she can get used to sitting on it while M and K are in there. Right now, it seems like M and K have these nice brother/sister chats while one or the other is using the bathroom. :lol: Maybe little rose will get the idea to spend some more time in there from them.

Rachel March 5th, 2013 10:06 AM

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? nope

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? just a regular potty seat

If you haven't started when do you plan to? no plan, just when he shows signs of being ready

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready? n/a

Demetria March 5th, 2013 10:45 AM

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? No, not at this point

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? Will have a little potty seat...

If you haven't started when do you plan to? Around 2 1/2 because with my older ones, I started at 2. Simeon was potty trained within 1 week, seriously! Zoie was absolutely not ready, I pushed and pushed and it just ended making us both miserable. So with Ava I plan to wait until she is ready, if she shows interest before 2 1/2 then I will definitely help her along.

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready? n/a

irishblessing March 5th, 2013 11:13 AM

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? Nope, though I do think he is ready.

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? He has a little potty chair.

If you haven't started when do you plan to? I'm not sure, when I feel less lazy? lol

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready? He shows a lot of signs of being ready but we tried for one day (then had really busy days the next few days so stopped) we just haven't really gotten started again.

navywifey2003 March 5th, 2013 11:56 AM

Not even considering it until he is 2 maybe 2 1/2. I'm not going through what we did with Katelynn again, it was a complete nightmare.

Laurenj915 March 5th, 2013 05:51 PM

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? I started but as soon as I got pregnant it went right out the window. :(

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? Potty chair

If you haven't started when do you plan to? Um, i think I should try before the baby comes in October. So maybe this summer. Uhhh, everything just takes too much energy at the moment

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready? Curious about everyone going to the bathroom. Telling us when he is wet. I can't go to the bathroom without him running in and sticking his head between my knees to see what is going on. I miss peeing by myself

momie2b9-20-11 March 6th, 2013 01:08 PM

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? Not yet

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? I'm not sure. I don't have either right now. I'm hoping to possibly get something next week at the JBF sale

If you haven't started when do you plan to? I'm hoping to really start by Summer but I'm also trying to wait until she shows more interest. DH and I are telling her poo-poo when she's dirty and trying to get her to tell us before she goes but she doesn't understand yet. Kynslee does pat her bottom and tell us pee-poo if we ask her if she's poopy. But, she does that even if she's not dirty. Just more waiting for her to be ready.

breathing for two March 6th, 2013 01:16 PM

Is anyone actively working on pt with their LOs? Nope, he's not ready. I'm still helping my daughter as well

Are you using a potty chair or the one that goes right on the toilet? the toilet seat

If you haven't started when do you plan to? when he seems ready

If you have started, how did you know your little was ready? I knew my older daughter was ready when she started taking her bad diapers off and asking to go.